final stage of carbon wrap... Page 6!!

cfoster

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I like the matt two-tone look.

I would look at wrapping the top part of the wings otherwise the colour line is going to be very strange. It needs to follow the swage of the edge of the wing.

The whole car is being wrapped mate!

Well bit of a large picture update! Managed to get most of one side completed. Very happy with the results, considering its my first wrap attempt!! Learning more and more every time I do it how the vinyl works etc. Will be redoing a couple of earlier panels I did as I think I can get them perfect!

Few pics......

wrap9.jpg

wrap6.jpg

wrap10.jpg

wrap8.jpg

wrap7.jpg

wrap5.jpg

wrap4.jpg

wrap2.jpg

wrap3.jpg

Next up i'll finish the sideskirt so one side is done, then work on the other then attempt the dreaded bumpers!!!!

I'm going to be putting a load of carbon vinyl up for sale later tonight, all different shapes and sizes as I have got loads leftover i wont be using!

Chris

Epic mate. I have done a couple of bits myself this weekend so can fully appreciate the work that has gone into that. Nice one :thumbs: Will keep my eyes open to see what bits you have left over as I may be interested in a few bits dependant on sizes :)

The roof was the first panel I had, is ok for most of it but the front corners you need to use a bit of heat. Been signwriting for years so have a bit of knowledge which helped me out so not sure how easy it would be for someone who has never used vinyl before. The stuff isnt cheap so mistakes can be expensive!

Chris

Bit more progress this weekend, completed the other side today and did the rear bumper. Not happy with the rear bumper, found it very difficult getting the vinyl into the numberplate recess, even with the comformability of this stuff. Will be redoing again at some point soon. All thats left is the front bumper, plus I will be redoing a couple of the other ones!! few pics....

Dsc02789.jpg

Dsc02789.jpg

Dsc02791.jpg

Dsc02792.jpg

Dsc02793.jpg

Dsc02795.jpg

Chris