final stage of carbon wrap... Page 6!!

cfoster

Spent another couple of hours on the carbon wrap yesterday and managed to get the bonnet done. Very pleased with it. As the vinyl only comes in 1220mm wide it had to be warmed up / stretched to cover the complete bonnet without any joins. Stretched better than I thought, the weave slightly curves at the top corners of the bonnet but apart from that its 100% spot on! Not bad for a first attempt. Big thanks to Matt (From A to Z) for being my hot air gun bitch!!

Next up is the tailgate, removed the spoiler this morning ready for its wrap. Still in 2 minds whether to keep the spoiler off or put back on after?!

carbonfront1.jpg

carbonfront.jpg

carbonfront2.jpg

carbonfront3.jpg

Fitted my K1 exhaust and Y pipe as well!!

carbonfront4.jpg

Chris

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice B)

I think keep it off for a smooth look and why not wrap the A and B pillars and boot to have a carbon 2 tone look :cloud9: Then finish it off with limo rear window and windscreen tint, powder coat the rays(black or guntmetal) and maybe wrap the front bumper below the grill B)

Where are you based? If you can wrap my roof i will be your hot air gun biatch and will throw in some gloss or matt black painted nissan burger badges to complete the whole aggro theme :lol:

GT4 Zed - was toying with a to tone theme but as its my first wrap attempt i'm gonna cover the lot!! Mainly for Le Mans as last time I went in my old car it covered in stone chips due to the ummm, enthusiastic driving!!!! I'm in Essex mate!

RTBiscuit - cheers, indeed a bitch to do!! The mirror isnt perfect and will be doing it again, but for the time being i'm not going to attempt it again anytime soon!!!

GT4 Zed - was toying with a to tone theme but as its my first wrap attempt i'm gonna cover the lot!! Mainly for Le Mans as last time I went in my old car it covered in stone chips due to the ummm, enthusiastic driving!!!! I'm in Essex mate!

Good! i come to visit my two sis in basildon and South ockendon so we can plan something :teeth: just give me weekends you can be free and what we need to do the roof and ........................maybe mirrors :lol::lol:

How much wrap would i need to buy? how much? anything else required apart from your expertise?

I live in Wickford so only down the road from Bas. I'm busy for the next couple of weekends then going to Uzbekistan for a week with work (dont ask!!) but will be free after that. You will need around a metre of the stuff for the roof. Sorry but not doing the mirrors!!

I live in Wickford so only down the road from Bas. I'm busy for the next couple of weekends then going to Uzbekistan for a week with work (dont ask!!) but will be free after that. You will need around a metre of the stuff for the roof. Sorry but not doing the mirrors!!

lol :lol: at the mirror comment i nearly ripped my wing mirrors off in frustration :headhurt:

GT4 Zed - as said above Ebay sells it but make sure its the proper 3M Di Noc cast vinyl and nothing other (only comes 1220mm wide). If you want to wait nearer to when i can do it I can make sure I have enough on my roll to sell you?

SpursMadDave - I'll be hitting the interior soon, particularly the centre console! What bit did you find difficult to do out of interest (so know what im up with!!)? As you say the blue looks lovely, especially in the Sun, but at the end of the day its only vinyl so can always be removed without a problem. I may decide 6 months down the line to do a complete colour change!!!!

GT4 Zed - as said above Ebay sells it but make sure its the proper 3M Di Noc cast vinyl and nothing other (only comes 1220mm wide). If you want to wait nearer to when i can do it I can make sure I have enough on my roll to sell you?

SpursMadDave - I'll be hitting the interior soon, particularly the centre console! What bit did you find difficult to do out of interest (so know what im up with!!)? As you say the blue looks lovely, especially in the Sun, but at the end of the day its only vinyl so can always be removed without a problem. I may decide 6 months down the line to do a complete colour change!!!!

All I've done so far is the 2 pieces of the centre console, the bit round the gear knob was easy, I had to take it apart to fit a new gaiter anyway, just some real stretching round the curves. I'm not happy with the top bit, quite tricky and I messed it up a bit round the gauges still enough left to have another try though! I want to do the silver bits on the steering wheel but I'm not sure how they come off...

I guess it's a pretty reversable mod inside or out, I wasn't sure on the interior at first but it's grown on me, apart from the bits I stuffed up!

All I've done so far is the 2 pieces of the centre console, the bit round the gear knob was easy, I had to take it apart to fit a new gaiter anyway, just some real stretching round the curves. I'm not happy with the top bit, quite tricky and I messed it up a bit round the gauges still enough left to have another try though! I want to do the silver bits on the steering wheel but I'm not sure how they come off...

I guess it's a pretty reversable mod inside or out, I wasn't sure on the interior at first but it's grown on me, apart from the bits I stuffed up!

:worthless:

Spur will come 6th if you don't post pics :p

Well stage 3 is here!! Managed to get the tailgate done today. What a pig!! Had to stretch the vinyl over 20cm to cover in one hit!! Looks really good though, noticed a small tear by the wiper but managed to cover it up. Going to do above the doors tomorrow if I can as it looks a bit odd from the side at the moment!

Going to stick the 350z badge back on and maybe my company logo on the other side, but will probably leave the burger off!!

Now got to decide whether to leave the spoiler off or put it back on again!

Dsc02766.jpg

Dsc02765.jpg

Dsc02764.jpg

Dsc02763.jpg

Chris