Naughty Neighbour

Yukmouth

Since moving to my new place i have noticed several dings on my passenger door

I didn't want to point no finger at anyone as there are 11 cars in the residents car park and vistors come and go - though i had a feeling that it was the work of the owner of the Fiat Punto who parks in the space next to mine. And so for a test i took an picture of my passenger side door 3 weeks ago

6thfeb2010.jpg

Today's picture, i don't think i've miscounted but there is a fresh blue mark... :rant:

28thfeb2010.jpg

Its not like i don't give him plenty of space either!!!

dsc07215.jpg

fiatpuntodriversidedoor.th.jpg

Is this classed as criminal damage?!?!?!

Any thoughts on how i should go abouts handling this apprieciated,

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its pretty obvious from the pictures that its them at fault id just have a chat with them, i dont see how they can manage to do it and not realise. They own a brand new punto and seem to have little respect for your car let alone theres.

There's is probably a company car and so they don't care. What are they like? I know its wrong but I'd be a little careful incase you rub them the wrong way and they do even more damage. I know you shouldn't have to but people can be really unpleasant. Can you park next to someone else? Not sure on the legal position. Feel for you though :(

That is disgusting. Accidently catching it once I suppose is acceptable but that smacks of someone doing it on purpose. Either that or they are so fed up with their own life they want to mess up somebody elses. :rant::angry:

+1 That is sick. Where do you live? Im going to come round and set fire to this pricks car.

Thats appaling... some people have no respect !!!

Can you get a cctv camera up to get some evidence... then they cant deny it. I had trouble with "footie kids" I got a camera and got them trying to nick my valve caps.... again :angry: . Spoke to parents and all good now.

If you gonna go to any sort of authority they will need some sort of evidence.

Wow, first of all thank you all for replying...i wasn't expecting so much volume!

Ok my plan of action for tomorrow -

Call letting agency see what they say

Call insurance see what they say

Call woking plods see what they say

bring back badass bubble wrap from work

Leave him a note

I'll try find a way of putting my vid cam inside the car one night when he's driven out and see if i can catch him out when he comes back in...

I'll keep you guys informed...

jelousy id say they dont care about there own car so they wont care about anyone elses , if i can i alway avoid parking next to anyone in car parks but even if i park in an empty car park i always go back to find a car on either side of mine :angry:

+1

I'd go ****ing ape at the driver of the punto. Tbh, I think your either best off parking elsewhere, some people just do not care about other peoples property. There is a woman at work that throws her door off the opposite car everytime she gets in, just because shes too lazy to ensure the other car doesn't get damaged. Having raised this with her, she still does it!!

Due to the extensive damage on your door, without a doubt the punto driver has caused it. I'd key every panel, and stab every tyre on the car!! :angry:

Naughty neighbours - more like neighbours from hell :boxing:

Any chance you can set up a video to catch them at it - if you know roughly their coming and going times might not take too long to verify. Police would also be able to identify with a vid if paint on their door edge is yours and vice-versa if you take the pics to your local police station they might take sympathy on the criminal damage point - but a very big might in there :shrug:

i would say have a polite word with the guy or girl who's car it is. see how they respond to it. id let them no that you do actually care about your car.

get so much of this crap, its gotta be jealousy and just lack of understanding on what car's mean to an enthusiast.

sorry to hear about it.

i reckon half of the people on the forum have the supermarket dilemma that i have i always try and park at the very end away from everyone