Naughty Neighbour

Yukmouth

Thank you again for the responses,

Yesterday when i took the photo's i did knock on his door but to no avail -

I was pretty pi**ed to say the least and needed to see what my options are so i came to you guys,

Though beating him with a stick was priority no.1 on my mind it wouldn't have solved much - There been some very good revenge tactics but lets see what can happen without using force. Much of which lighten my mood yesterday :)

I have contacted the safe neighbour hood policing team and i will await for their answer

I will have to see if i can switch places with anyone as all the spaces are marked out according to apartment numbers, but wouldn't like the them to recieve the same treatment as me...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and one thing on the CCTV - I heard if you film a public area (like a car park) without permission or some kind of notice then it's actually void as evidence and cannot be used... That's what I heard anyway. Plus you might need 12 hours of recording time!

This is a private residents car park, would this be an exception? - failing that i could camp in the car if hard evidence is what is needed

Oh and one thing on the CCTV - I heard if you film a public area (like a car park) without permission or some kind of notice then it's actually void as evidence and cannot be used... That's what I heard anyway. Plus you might need 12 hours of recording time!

This is a private residents car park, would this be an exception? - failing that i could camp in the car if hard evidence is what is needed

i would of thought just sample of the blue pain left on your door was enough

I'd park right behind the neighbours car so he cant get out. When he comes round to ask you to move it you just say "Thought I was doing you a favour, you obviously have trouble opening your car door without hitting my car so to stop further paint damage to the edge of your door I thought I'd try parking out of the way" :dry:

Hi Mate

I feel for u, had a similar problem a while back when i had a black Rx-8 kids loved to play around the cars which pi**ed me off greatly then one fell off their bike with their handle bar scrapping down the side of the wing. i was gutted to say the least, My ex-wife had a black FTO and she got numerous dings on her passenger door, i think caused by kids swinging open their parents car door. I hate public parking and my zed stays in my grans driveway just for that reason.

If the Punto owner (and that speaks for itself) is knowingly doing that to ur prized zed id confront politely but directly, check that their door has paint chipping on it photograph it and use as evidence. If they arent gonna play ball im sure we can orgainise a 350z run infront of their flat lol.

Seriously tho mate confront and get then to respray that door, why should u paint it, considering it wasnt a one off, it looks like persistant malicious behaviour,

D :rant:

Does there seem to be a mark on their door where the blue paint has rubbed off on your door? Is it at the same height?

Try and get some evidence under your belt before you approach them. :thumbs:

I have a company car and back last summer some woman opended her car door against it, looked at me and carried on getting out rubbing her door against me passenger door. I wound down my window and asked her to have more respect for other people's property. She could not see she had done anything wrong and had the cheek to answer back! (B***h!) Luckily it had not done any damage after examining it.

All I can say is keep calm about it when you approach them even though you feel like 'having a go' at them. If they do not play ball go to the Police.

That's pretty appalling!

Id be fuming!

Why was it left to get so far!

Don't wash off the blue paint, make sure you leave the car where it is and then when they have their car you can demonstrate where their door comes to! get them to open their door and line it up... I'm sure they will have to admit, if they don't seems like you got an idiot of a neighbour and time to take more drastic measures such as getting police/insurance involved... how annoying to have a neighbour like this!

That's pretty appalling!

Why was it left to get so far!

The problem is I leave for work pretty early so with all the cars still in the car park I can't see my door - and I commute on the train to work so its left by itself through until 19:30 which by then is pretty dark - when I do use my car I don't walk past the passenger door so again i don't notice... It wasn't brought to my attention until I picked up my other half and she saw aload of white dots and asked if I had seen it....

It was a little too late by then as the collection of marks was around 7... :thumbdown:

That’s when I took the first picture and waited patiently to catch him out... which I hope I now have enough evidence to point my figure his way

Really we shouldn't need to be checking for things like this should we?! I for sure even in any other cars i drive/park am very considerate to other motorists...i find it pretty fascinating that someone can do it over...and over....and over....

The police should be contacting me soon...

Urrgh, what inconsiderate areswipes.

Before you consider any sort of retribution speak to them first. It could be *fairly* innocent. But that many times i'm not so sure. If through legal channels you get no recourse, then I'd say call some "independent" boys down to do the punto over. Company car or not, they'd have to do the talking to their employer why the car is getting done over.

Just make sure you're no where near the scene at the time, with an iron clad alibi, when the sushi is getting stuffed through the shiats air vents.

Feel for you mate but don't lose your rag. Worst case scenario you've got enough evidence to a claim on his insurance. If you point this out to him hopefully he will see sense and pay for any damage to be sorted and be more careful in future. If not I'm sure any of the keyboard warriors on here will help you pour paint stripper on his Punto.

Tell them you watched them hitting the door of your car with theirs and didnt say anything at the time as you were giving them toime to own up. :)

Def the best solution. Say that and watch the ****er squirm! I'd only hold back if your neighbours big and mental, but hey I'm a pussy! :D

You should try your neighbour again, i am interested to see what they say, they may be perfectly reasonable and all of the anger displayed by us all will be for nothing lol.

Then again they could be a complete bas***d and not own up and basically just make life hard... either way im sure you will get your Z fixed up and looking fresh again!

Just don't get mad... it wont get you anywhere! Besides in an ideal world you don't want to have conflict with a neighbour especially if you park right next to each other!#

Although to have over 7 marks looks pretty deliberate... that or they are a big baboon who cant even tell they are damaging their own car let alone yours! You'd think if you just got a 59 plate car you'd be taking good care of it!

Anyway, just think, it could be WAY worse! keep us posted mate.

Best of luck!

Just caught up with this.. god how did you put up with that for so long?? Your door is trashed!!

I must admit a bloke in an rs4 did this to me while i was sitting in the car (not my Zed - a work van) so I returned the favour big time. I know I shouldn't have but he didn't even say sorry so i was fuming :angry:

Good luck sorting this out :thumbs: