Naughty Neighbour

Yukmouth

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really does my head in people dinking doors. It's just so careless! When I bought my 350 the doors were lovely, now I have nice dinks on either side, it winds me the hell up! Needless to say I got these dinks from parking my car in work, so I bought a tank of a merc to drive to work in and the 350 stays at home in the garage, safe from dinks! I've even seen cars parked next to me that have dinked mine, I don't have it in me to vandalised their cars and I've never dinked a door of someone else's car.

Chances are that Punto is a company car and if you dink it back, they won't be the ones paying, it'll just get billed to their company when the car is returned.

Just a quick update,

The local police from the Safer neighbourhood police scheme will be coming round later to speak to me/assess damage i assume.

Also i found out that its the asian yoof that has been parking in a space not designated to him, so i almost had a fit over the wrong people the other day.. so lucky they wern't in!!

Hopefully the Z will be on the mend soon

Thanks again for the comments

Personnally mate i would run a screwdriver all over his car without ANY hesitation, These people really really annoy me, thats why i take up 2 spaces in any car park. If it your space, put up a post where his/her door would open. Failing that, take it out of his face!!! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Man...lots of angry people here.

Always remember that every action has a reaction, even if the action is the reaction to an action.

Sounds like a quote from the Matrix...

Seriously angry people, the last thing you want is a neighbourhood dispute that goes on and on, with ever increasing levels of damage / maliciousness.

I'll chuck in 2p. I think the OP is dealing with this the correct way. The punto driver is obviously in the wrong and shows no respect for the property of others. The police is the only way to go.

If a return attack is carried out then where will it end? A stabbing? Remember that violence breeds violence!

I do hope that most of the people that have said they'd attack the offender or his property have said it with a pinch of salt though.

Man...lots of angry people here.

Always remember that every action has a reaction, even if the action is the reaction to an action.

Sounds like a quote from the Matrix...

I know Kung Fu...

Kung Fu? Don't know him - does he have a Zed? :dry:

I do hope that most of the people that have said they'd attack the offender or his property have said it with a pinch of salt though.

+1 My first post was a gross exaggeration purely for effect, as I think most readers would gather. I do wonder about some of the later ones, though.

I loathe the use of the word "Asian" to describe anyone who is not white or black.

The continent of Asia consists of many countries which are totally different.

"Some European youth damaged my car....." :thumbdown:

I don't think age, sex or race has anything to do with this and should be left at the door as you enter the forum (in my opinion)

Lets not make that debate get away from the problem the OP is having.

Well i couldnt call him any thing else that would be polictically correct could I?

I too have had European youth conflicts so your not alone.

Sorry if it offended you, but my context was being polite!

I loathe the use of the word "Asian" to describe anyone who is not white or black.

The continent of Asia consists of many countries which are totally different.

"Some European youth damaged my car....." :thumbdown:

Update -

The policewomen came by she assess the damage and said its pretty clear cut that its the Punto - she also pointed out a mark on my driver side door too - ARRRGHHHHH!!!!! (must have been when i reverse parked) :surrender: i give up!!

She went off to speak to both the residents of flats 5 and 6 - Why 5 aswell??

Well the estate agent who looks after these flats said that when he called flat 6 about it, they told him that the Fiat Punto is not theirs, nor do they own a car and that they are pi**ed off because somebody else is using their parking space without informing them and suggested that it was flat 5 that was using an additional parking space...

She went to flat 5 after being told that by flat 6 and they said that the Fiat Punto is not theirs either - hmmm...

Its a mystery - i asked her if i could put a camera in the car, but she needs to get back to me to see if its legal to do so.

Shes going to do a check on the Fiat and see who it belongs to and try and trace it that way...

I'm not offended - it just puts a tarnish on everyone who comes from Asia (e.g. Indians, Chinese, Thai etc). Even the news broadcasters do it, they just say a group of "Asians". They would never say a group of "Europeans" - they would say the exact country they were from e.g. Polish/German/French etc.

But of course how are you supposed to know where they are from.

Update -

The policewomen came by she assess the damage and said its pretty clear cut that its the Punto - she also pointed out a mark on my driver side door too - ARRRGHHHHH!!!!! (must have been when i reverse parked) :surrender: i give up!!

She went off to speak to both the residents of flats 5 and 6 - Why 5 aswell??

Well the estate agent who looks after these flats said that when he called flat 6 about it, they told him that the Fiat Punto is not theirs, nor do they own a car and that they are pi**ed off because somebody else is using their parking space without informing them and suggested that it was flat 5 that was using an additional parking space...

She went to flat 5 after being told that by flat 6 and they said that the Fiat Punto is not theirs either - hmmm...

Its a mystery - i asked her if i could put a camera in the car, but she needs to get back to me to see if its legal to do so.

Shes going to do a check on the Fiat and see who it belongs to and try and trace it that way...

The saga continues! It's as gripping as Chesterfields Jag exploits!