Hi guys! Farmer now has a zed!!!

Hi guys i have just sold my clio trophy so i can now introduce myself here and start enjoying my new Z!

Ive always been a big fan of the zed but had never driven one. Then the other day i spotted this... http://www.karden.co.uk/stock/used%20ca ... /350Z.htm#

Anyway i had a look around it and thought, 'hmmm i could see myself in this' and then the salesman said why dont you take it out for a spin... 'BY YOURSELF' :scare::yahoo: I couldnt turn that down!!

After a fair drive i couldnt believe how tight everything felt after 60k - gearbox feels like new, no significant signs of wear and engine runs like a sewing machine. Anyway i offered him 12k flat there and then and we shook hands. :D

Well i'm v happy now. Ive had a couple of :drive1 moments on wet roundabouts, but all in all its great.

It has RE040s fitted at the mo with not much tread left on the back :scare: so i think i will just do a bit of careful drifting on those to acquaint myself and then upgrade.

I have noticed a few faults and annoying traits:

Gentle knocking from front suspension when going v slowly down rutted tracks (fine on the roads) - (ABR links? Lower balljoints?)

Heated seats - drivers bum and passengers lumbar not working. (elements broken?)

Bose skipping - (forgot to check when buying :doh: )

Sometimes the drivers backrest switch is temperamental - (maybe need to remove and clean?)

Reversing lamp is not very effective - (is this normal or do i have to upgrade the bulb??)

Main beam indicator is v bright - (i wonder if i can do something about this as it is very distracting on dark roads)

A couple of stone chips on the brembos - (I was going to clean-out the chips and just laquer over, as i'm mainly just worried about corrosion on the caliper paintwork)

Anyway sorry to go on. I hope that someone may be able to help with some advice on the bits i have listed above, however i will probably sort them out and post on individual issues as i find time to sort them.

Thanks very much!

Dave

"Gentle knocking from front suspension when going v slowly down rutted tracks (fine on the roads) - (ABR links? Lower balljoints?)"

I had this - worst when going slowly over raised road markings like the chevrons outside a school

changed drop links LHS & RHS

changed lower suspension arms LHS & RHS

changed upper wishbone LHS only

No change except getting louder - still only at low speed over very small bumps :thumbdown:

At this point I started thinking about selling

changed tie bar LHS (really a strut as it's always in compression)

Eureka :yahoo:

Total cost = £ mucho

Moral of the story - get advise from a forum like this ........... then .......... start with the tie bar

Oh and :welcome:

Hi guys i have just sold my clio trophy so i can now introduce myself here and start enjoying my new Z!

Ive always been a big fan of the zed but had never driven one. Then the other day i spotted this... http://www.karden.co.uk/stock/used%20ca ... /350Z.htm#

Anyway i had a look around it and thought, 'hmmm i could see myself in this' and then the salesman said why dont you take it out for a spin... 'BY YOURSELF' :scare::yahoo: I couldnt turn that down!!

After a fair drive i couldnt believe how tight everything felt after 60k - gearbox feels like new, no significant signs of wear and engine runs like a sewing machine. Anyway i offered him 12k flat there and then and we shook hands. :D

Well i'm v happy now. Ive had a couple of :drive1 moments on wet roundabouts, but all in all its great.

It has RE040s fitted at the mo with not much tread left on the back :scare: so i think i will just do a bit of careful drifting on those to acquaint myself and then upgrade.

I have noticed a few faults and annoying traits:

Gentle knocking from front suspension when going v slowly down rutted tracks (fine on the roads) - (ABR links? Lower balljoints?)

Heated seats - drivers bum and passengers lumbar not working. (elements broken?)

Bose skipping - (forgot to check when buying :doh: )

Sometimes the drivers backrest switch is temperamental - (maybe need to remove and clean?)

Reversing lamp is not very effective - (is this normal or do i have to upgrade the bulb??)

Main beam indicator is v bright - (i wonder if i can do something about this as it is very distracting on dark roads)

A couple of stone chips on the brembos - (I was going to clean-out the chips and just laquer over, as i'm mainly just worried about corrosion on the caliper paintwork)

Anyway sorry to go on. I hope that someone may be able to help with some advice on the bits i have listed above, however i will probably sort them out and post on individual issues as i find time to sort them.

Thanks very much!

Dave

my main beam light is dimmer than the stock but thats a whole other story :lol: suffice to say your stuck with that without a major rework of the dash :thumbs:

Dont the buttons on the right hand side of the speedo alter the brightness of the instruments??

Anyway welcome Dave... you better not be one of the tractor driving farmers :rant: If you are... do you people have a forum? And if you do, TELL THEM TO STAY OFF THE ROADS BEFORE 9AM!!!!!!!!

Every damn day i get the same few tractors holding up a mile of traffic at 8.50am... :angry::angry: