Hi guys! Farmer now has a zed!!!

Thanks very much for your kind replies guys, sounds like a very friendly forum!

Yes unfortunatly i am one of those tractor driving farmers, however i always pullover to let traffic past if i'm on a main road. You must be getting stuck behind one of those polish drivers!!

Thanks again chaps and merry christmas!! :drunk:

Dave

Thanks very much for your kind replies guys, sounds like a very friendly forum!

Yes unfortunatly i am one of those tractor driving farmers, however i always pullover to let traffic past if i'm on a main road. You must be getting stuck behind one of those polish drivers!!

Thanks again chaps and merry christmas!! :drunk:

Dave

Polish drivers what do you mean Dave?

Btw friend at work has 2 brothers both farmers and they play games to see who can get the longest jam behind them in their tractors so you must be the exception to the rule mate :dry:

Sorry stan, i didnt mean to offend. We employ some polish drivers on the farm in the summer and some of their driving standards leave a lot to be desired. This is what i was referring to- nothing personal.

However i have also met some truly excellent polish drivers and i have a lot of respect for them.

Btw friend at work has 2 brothers both farmers and they play games to see who can get the longest jam behind them in their tractors so you must be the exception to the rule mate :dry:

So as your friends brothers do this then it must apply to every farmer/farmworker in the country??

All of the times i pull over to let busses, lorries and cars past (particularly at rush hour) must be a figment of my imagination.

I live in a farming village and love tractors. I am rarely delayed by them, its usually lost tourists that get in the way. :boxing:

I also benefit from some serious help, who needs to spend all day clipping a hedge when a mate can do it with a tractor in 2 minutes, very spectacular too. :)

Sorry stan, i didnt mean to offend. We employ some polish drivers on the farm in the summer and some of their driving standards leave a lot to be desired. This is what i was referring to- nothing personal.

However i have also met some truly excellent polish drivers and i have a lot of respect for them.

So as your friends brothers do this then it must apply to every farmer/farmworker in the country??

All of the times i pull over to let busses, lorries and cars past (particularly at rush hour) must be a figment of my imagination.

Dont worry mate I was only messing with you - I know what some Polish drivers are like ! No road markings in some parts of Poland - sometimes they forget they are here and not there!! :surrender: Just check they have not had a drink before you let them drive anything dangerous! :scare:

But of course all Farmers drive to p*** everyone off dont you know that! :lol: (I think my friends brothers are just plain f**tts and not even sure they represent human beings never mind anyone else! :lol:

Dont worry mate I was only messing with you - I know what some Polish drivers are like ! No road markings in some parts of Poland - sometimes they forget they are here and not there!! :surrender: Just check they have not had a drink before you let them drive anything dangerous! :scare:

But of course all Farmers drive to p*** everyone off dont you know that! :lol: (I think my friends brothers are just plain f**tts and not even sure they represent human beings never mind anyone else! :lol:

No worries fella :D

I live in a farming village and love tractors. I am rarely delayed by them, its usually lost tourists that get in the way. :boxing:

I also benefit from some serious help, who needs to spend all day clipping a hedge when a mate can do it with a tractor in 2 minutes, very spectacular too. :)

Nice one mate! Actually being a farmer has so many perks. Loads of machinery to play with, being able to help friends and family out with hedgecutting, moving aggregates/soil, log splitting, and fun stuff like snowploughing. Also the farm quad is great when it snows! It snowed here two weeks ago and instead of working we spent all morning doing donut competitions :D

In response to your PM Dave

I found out what was causing the knock by an expensive process of elimination having checked all the usual stuff and replaced various items as noted in my post. Eventually the noise stopped when the compression rod (item 11 on attached diagram) was changed.

Pages from fsu.pdf

You are right ............... it's so annoying and nearly made me sell the car before it was finally fixed after a year of it getting worse.

Hope you get to the bottom of it shortly.

Thanks very much for that mate. I have found a couple of threads about this rod failing causing a knocking sound:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29723

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25519&hilit=suspension+knocking

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19045&hilit=suspension+knocking&start=15

It appears to be referred to as the 'banana bar' by some people on here due to it's shape. It seems relatively common, so perhaps ill change this first and see how i get on. ATTAK how much did you pay and where from?? :)

ATTAK how much did you pay and where from?? :)

All in all, with other bits and pieces wrongly diagnosed .......... in the region of £2000.00 :blink: (pleeeze don't tell the wifey)

The part was sourced from Nissan ..... £263.55 + VAT and fitted by my local garage.