Husky progress thread

Husky

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the pics of after you lowered it :p;)

Haha I know where you're coming from and believe me it was tempting to go 30mm :lol: but I'm sticking to my gut feeling on this one :p

Cheers for the kind comments guys, I was getting itchy feet it had been so long since I had done anything :)

I got the same Tein Springs, just give it a couple more days for them to settle

they've been on for a couple of weeks now and have been thoroughly settled in :lol: the reason it still looks higher is due to the rounded shoulder on the vredestein tyres. as much as i love them in other ways the rounded side wall is irritating me so they are going. They are on the wear markers at the back anyway so no great loss :)

looking awesome - love the wheels and the drop makes them look even better!

few questions for you.

1. where did you get the Teins and how much did you pay? I keep seeing a lot of variation around as I amplanning the same!

b. how easy did you find the installation and what tools did you require?

III. could (or should) a mechanical retard such as myself attempt to fit springs themselves?

looking awesome - love the wheels and the drop makes them look even better!

few questions for you.

1. where did you get the Teins and how much did you pay? I keep seeing a lot of variation around as I amplanning the same!

I bought them second hand off of a forum member, they had covered 1000miles and cost approx 130 pounds i think

b. how easy did you find the installation and what tools did you require?

me and my housemate did it across 2 evenings, fronts one day backs the second, we had a double garage to work in. we followed this guide viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46439&hilit=swan+neck make sure you have one!! the fronts were hard work but the backs were very simple, even had some beer while doing them ;) the guide lists the important tools you need.

III. could (or should) a mechanical retard such as myself attempt to fit springs themselves?

depends on how you feel about it, I have a shed car to drive in the mean time so its no real issue for me taking my time. I hadnt done springs before but both me and my house mate are pretty good with a tool box and he had some experience. Personally i like to give everything a go once just so i know whats involved and then if it really sucks pay someone to do it the next time. I would happily tackle this one again though as its not too much hassle.

Did the Bose aux in mod yesterday.

I found the guides a bit confusing so remade them here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47176

40a55aa9.jpg

df4f852d.jpg

Also I took a picture of the gear knob as I realised I'd missed it out in this thread.

eabc4117.jpg

2cbd28b2.jpg

And to finish, today I added some feature to the wheels with the help of some chav **** driving recklessly after I had spent an entire day cleaning them all.

IMAG0565.jpg

not in a good mood today. :dry: