Husky progress thread

Husky

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was chuffed to see it yeas :D

also, i didnt realise when i was driving there to drop her off a tub of oil in the boot had spilled out everywhere. i got a phone call telling me my whole boot had been valeted and the oil sealed up in a bag. i was surprised as i didnt even know it had leaked :lol: brilliant service, nissan would have just ignored it.

• 2 weeks later...

Went into falcon on friday and got

-new front ARB drop links fitted

-front 10mm spacers removed

-front right wheel bearing and hub assembly replaced with new

-new BCM fixing the dome light issue

-new dome light board

-new brake discs

-new brake pads

-full service

-MOT

nearly there now :)

believe it or not when i turned up at wales i'd just spent 4 figures on the car the day before :lol: not that it showed. :blush:

she's driving great now the problems are slowly being fixed one at a time and if im honest i actually prefer it that i've had all these problems crop up. from what i can tell most zeds at some point get all these problems and i can be sure that once all fixed i should have a few years uninterrupted happy zedding :)

the drive to wales, round, and back again bedded the brakes in nicely :)

Good to see you, the car and of course the dog.... you didn't leave the dog on your bonnet over night did you??

I didn't realise you'd been modding away!!

not so much modding as fixing :blush:

was good to see you aswell mate :D and yes the dog did stay on the bonnet all night, i forgot about the poor thing, what a bad owner i am :blush: hes all grubby now :blush:

:scare: some list! Hope I don't get slammed with any of that any time soon!

yeah i know :surrender:

the guys at falcon were great though they stayed on untill 20:30 to finish it off and cleaned the car themselves for me as the valet guy had gone home. then me and lee sorted the bcm and dome lights finishing up at about 00:30. went for a cuppa and left about 01:30 sat moring to drive down to wales :wacko: seriously have to stop getting to meets exhausted

they didnt have time for the CV joints though, so i paid for the parts as well in the bill and they are waiting to be fitted. geometry and alignment were also on the list but until the new wheels are on we arent going to bother. soon though...

Hi husky..u are right. I had the same stuffs on your list replaced at Falcon at the weekend. The car is due to go back in next weekend for more TLC. Apparently they are quite common problems.

its quite nice to know you've got them all sorted so they wont crop up again :D

:scare: some list! Hope I don't get slammed with any of that any time soon!

yeah i know :surrender:

the guys at falcon were great though they stayed on untill 20:30 to finish it off and cleaned the car themselves for me as the valet guy had gone home. then me and lee sorted the bcm and dome lights finishing up at about 00:30. went for a cuppa and left about 01:30 sat moring to drive down to wales :wacko: seriously have to stop getting to meets exhausted

they didnt have time for the CV joints though, so i paid for the parts as well in the bill and they are waiting to be fitted. geometry and alignment were also on the list but until the new wheels are on we arent going to bother. soon though...

:wacko: uncommentable...

• 1 month later...

June 19th

Got my CV joints changed for brand new uprated ones fixing the clicky axle problem :thumbs:

also got my new wheels fitted :D

Five axis, 5AD, S5:F Wheels

295 30 r19, 10.5 wide, backs

265 30 r19, 9.5 wide, fronts

P1030919.jpg

P1030925.jpg

P1030908.jpg

FRONT

P1030921.jpg

BACK

P1030914.jpg

P1030913.jpg

P1030916.jpg

Today some bits arrived from chilli store, they arrived about 16 hours after me ordering them :scare::#1::#1: big thanks to Sarah :teeth:

So some Phillips silver bulbs, some clear reflectors and a pot of rim wax.

The bulbs went in along with the reflectors and then rim waxed the front wheels, have to say rim waxing matte wheels is far from fun or easy :( then gave a tyre shine and clean and took some piccies.

managed it all including picture taking in 4 hours :)

a few days previous to this i fitted 3mm spacers to the front wheels to bring them to a 22 offset :)

P1040004.jpg

P1030975.jpg

P1030982.jpg

P1030996.jpg

P1030999.jpg

They are gorgeous! They are getting me excited for my new shoes!! :teeth: You had it lowered already?

nope not lowered, some 3mm spacers on the front though to bring it out a tad more :)

oh and that front bumper has to go! the match is pretty spot on to the naked eye but the camera has really picked up on it there. the previous owner ruined it and my drive had its way with the sides, so combined with the millions of stone chips its going.

They are gorgeous! They are getting me excited for my new shoes!! :teeth: You had it lowered already?

nope not lowered, some 3mm spacers on the front though to bring it out a tad more :)

oh and that front bumper has to go! the match is pretty spot on to the naked eye but the camera has really picked up on it there. the previous owner ruined it and my drive had its way with the sides, so combined with the millions of stone chips its going.

you thinking respray the OEM bumper or something a bit more special?

i think im going to get hold of a new OEM bumper as i like my clear reflectors, zunsport and will just paint the bottom bit black and maybe get a lip. The previous owner bent the bumper so its a lost cause tbh :thumbdown: hence the fact its been left to absorb any damage coming the way of the car :lol:

i think im going to get hold of a new OEM bumper as i like my clear reflectors, zunsport and will just paint the bottom bit black and maybe get a lip. The previous owner bent the bumper so its a lost cause tbh :thumbdown: hence the fact its been left to absorb any damage coming the way of the car :lol:

I'd say you could get an OEM bumper easy enough and for pretty good value. Dont go for lip but def paint the bottom bit. I'm going to do that myself :thumbs: And clear reflectors ftw!