Husky progress thread

Husky

Welcome to my progress thread :)

I thought i'd fit iridium spark plugs as the car was 5 years old, I put denso iridium ones in.

Added a KTA gearknob

eabc4117.jpg

2cbd28b2.jpg

Then the biggy which i had been working on from almost day one was complete:

P1010766.jpg

P1010770.jpg

P1010736.jpg

Then i decided the boot lighting wasn't quite good enough when my boot was full so i added some lighting:

P1020401.jpg

P1020411.jpg

Then new alloys bought from kta, some bridgestone RE050's from bennet. got put on yesterday also had a service from CS got some 10mm spacers put on aswell on the front. needs a set of 15mm spacers at the back.

P1020425.jpg

(need new centre caps too, and a refurb in the spring to get them how i want them)

UPDATE:

she got a wash the other day and while i wait for the new centre caps to be fabricated i cleaned up the old ones and put them back on, not my style choice but look better than a hole. also CS has some spacers for the back on order and it will finally sit where its meant to :)

P1020908.jpg

P1020905.jpg

UPDATE:

Fitted the new mk2 under strut bar lights.

P1020878.jpg

UPDATE:

Zunsport grille fitted

P1030095.jpg

UPDATE 14 March 2010:

gave her a clean today and put her old shoes back on :) just need to get the front spacers off and shes back to normal after the rainy season.

P1030158.jpg

the other wheels will go up for sale.

UPDATE 01 May 2010:

She recently got a very nice new present :teeth: a lovely shiny gearbox :yahoo::yahoo:

its a 16k mile gearbox which is very much like new to replace the faulty one with a synchro problem in 5th and 6th its had since day one. She's also had a new exedy clutch and stock flywheel as they suffered due to the box faults.

The gearbox is faultless and the car drives brilliantly now, im really chuffed with the service i recieved at falcon and would like to thank R35LEE for all his help as well :#1: would genuinely recommend Lee and falcon to anyone :thumbs:

31151_437967805504_139876370504_588.jpg

UPDATE 23 May 2010

Went into falcon on friday and got

-new front ARB drop links fitted

-front 10mm spacers removed

-front right wheel bearing and hub assembly replaced with new

-new BCM fixing the dome light issue

-new dome light board

-new brake discs

-new brake pads

-full service

-MOT

nearly there now :)

she's driving great now the problems are slowly being fixed one at a time and if im honest i actually prefer it that i've had all these problems crop up. from what i can tell most zeds at some point get all these problems and i can be sure that once all fixed i should have a few years uninterrupted happy zedding :)

the drive to wales, round, and back again bedded the brakes in nicely :)

UPDATE 19th June 2010

Got my CV joints changed for brand new uprated ones fixing the clicky axle problem :thumbs:

also got my new wheels fitted :D

Five axis, 5AD, S5:F Wheels with vredestein ultrac sessenta tyres

295 30 r19, 10.5 wide, backs

265 30 r19, 9.5 wide, fronts

P1030919.jpg

UPDATE 29th June 2010

Today some bits arrived from chilli store, they arrived about 16 hours after me ordering them :#1::#1: big thanks to Sarah :teeth:

Phillips silver bulbs, some clear reflectors and a pot of rim wax.

The bulbs went in along with the reflectors and then rim waxed the front wheels, have to say rim waxing matte wheels is far from fun or easy :( then gave a tyre shine and clean and took some piccies.

managed it all, including picture taking, in 4 hours :)

a few days previous to this i fitted 3mm spacers to the front wheels to bring them to a 22 offset :)

P1040004.jpg

UPDATE 21st Aug 2010

nothing major just gave her a scrub today in between the monsoon, decided on using aqua wax as i couldnt guarantee it would be dry half way through waxing, brilliant wax, worked a treat as always!! also gave the wheels a good scrub, bought an autoglym wheel brush. Gave the exhaust a wipe with some 1500grit and then autosol polished it.

P1040137.jpg

P1040154-Copy.jpg

P1040155-Copy.jpg

P1040156-Copy.jpg

received the wheel touch up paint from the five axis factory today with a free keyring too. the service from troy and the guys there is first class!!! :yahoo:

PS: look at that beauty of a scuff on the bumper, i think im just going to punt the whole bumper in the bin :lol:

UPDATE 18th Sept 2010

Nismo Rad cap

nice quick and easy mod :#1:

IMAG0471.jpg

its nice to know some mods are painless :D

UPDATE 08 Jan 2011

Rim protectors protected the wheels nicley over the winter months. very happy with them. they will come off for the summer though :)

http://www.alloygator.com/

SAM_0023.jpg

Newmotor010.jpg

Newmotor011.jpg

UPDATE 14th March 2011

She got lowered a couple of weekends back but this is the first I've had a chance to give her a clean and take decent pictures :)

Tein springs lowering:

17mm rear

13mm front

The ride is great, not to soft and not too hard, much more feel to the car now. Clearance is still perfectly fine, I can get over the monster speed bumps at work still with no issue.

For those who will criticise for use of springs instead of coilovers the reasons are; For such a small drop it won't take the dampers out of normal operating range by any meaningful amount, the car doesn't see tracks etc so no reason from an performance point of view, costs a whole lot less so not burning money that can be spent in other areas :)

b1ca84b2.jpg

UPDATE 18th March 2011

Did the Bose aux in mod yesterday.

I found the guides a bit confusing so remade them here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47176

40a55aa9.jpg

UPDATE 19th March 2011

Took the lights off and modded them

Before:

48365ced.jpg

After:

Clear strips

White light Hid bulbs

80W main beam bulbs

Silver indicator bulbs

LED sidelight bulbs (to put in tomorrow morning as I left them in the garage)

Swissvax polished and sealed

f72ec25b.jpg

42c2307a.jpg

UPDATE 24th May 2011

Matte black wrap on centre of bumper.

Also a new numberplate which completely changes the look of the car.

af5e2efb.jpg

Installed a set of JDM window switches for one touch control of the passenger window from both driver and passenger side. Also gives control of the windows after the key has been removed for a short while.

21b3673f.jpg

77322eec.jpg

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A stubby is required ASAP, John!!!! :p

not a chance :lol:

actually i bought one right at the start, its got the wrong thread though, maybe ill dig it back up and put it on at one point :shrug:

thanks for the comments guys.

that pic next to the stump was taken today :)

• 1 month later...

she got a wash the other day and while i wait for the new centre caps to be fabricated i cleaned up the old ones and put them back on, not my style choice but look better than a hole. also CS has some spacers for the back on order and it will finally sit where its meant to :)

P1020908.jpg

P1020905.jpg

looks good buddy, it's probably the way the pic is taken but your back wheel looks smaller than the front one :wacko:

where's the pic's of the new lighting for under the strut bar in the back ;)

yeah it looks a bit odd :lol: its 15mm to far in the arch compared to the front, and its the perspective of the shot.

and i was just posting the under strut light pics :lol: :lol:

cheers guys, im alot happier with it :D

Love the dials mate. If you dont mind me asking where did you get them from? :thumbs:

the faces were from America but the lighting was a good long while trial and error with a soldering iron and a bundle of surface mount LED's. i think theres a link in my sig to the thread about the dials??

• 1 month later...
gave her a clean today and put her old dancing shoes back on :) just need to get the front spacers off and shes back to normal after the rainy season.

P1030158.jpg

the other wheels will go up for sale.

:scare::scare: Husky don't tell me you have put those diabolical tyres on again :bangin:

BTW i love the lamp post B)

GLWTS of the wheels someone will be happy as these are lovely and i still don't know why you wanna sell :wacko:

• 1 month later...

She recently got a very nice new present :teeth: a lovely shiny gearbox :yahoo::yahoo:

its a 16k mile gearbox which is very much like new to replace the faulty one with a synchro problem in 5th and 6th its had since day one. She's also had a new exedy clutch and stock flywheel as they suffered due to the box faults.

The gearbox is faultless and the car drives brilliantly now, im really chuffed with the service i recieved at falcon and would like to thank R35LEE for all his help as well :#1: would genuinely recommend Lee and falcon to anyone :thumbs:

31151_437967805504_139876370504_588.jpg