Husky progress thread

Husky

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think im going to get hold of a new OEM bumper as i like my clear reflectors, zunsport and will just paint the bottom bit black and maybe get a lip. The previous owner bent the bumper so its a lost cause tbh :thumbdown: hence the fact its been left to absorb any damage coming the way of the car :lol:

I'd say you could get an OEM bumper easy enough and for pretty good value. Dont go for lip but def paint the bottom bit. I'm going to do that myself :thumbs: And clear reflectors ftw!

:thumbs: Mine will be done this time next week......hopefully!

i think im going to get hold of a new OEM bumper as i like my clear reflectors, zunsport and will just paint the bottom bit black and maybe get a lip. The previous owner bent the bumper so its a lost cause tbh :thumbdown: hence the fact its been left to absorb any damage coming the way of the car :lol:

I'd say you could get an OEM bumper easy enough and for pretty good value. Dont go for lip but def paint the bottom bit. I'm going to do that myself :thumbs: And clear reflectors ftw!

:thumbs: Mine will be done this time next week......hopefully!

NO Rain tomorrow and mine will be done :yahoo:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nothing major just gave her a scrub today in between the monsoon, decided on using aqua wax as i couldnt guarantee it would be dry half way through waxing, brilliant wax, worked a treat as always!! also gave the wheels a good scrub, bought an autoglym wheel brush. and the exhaust, gave it a wipe with some 1500grit and then autosol polished it. not going to go wild on it as it will be coming off in the near future :ninja:

P1040137.jpg

P1040154-Copy.jpg

P1040155-Copy.jpg

P1040156-Copy.jpg

received the wheel touch up paint from the five axis factory today with a free keyring too. the service from troy and the guys there is first class!!! :yahoo:

PS: look at that beauty of a scuff on the bumper, i think im just going to punt the whole bumper in the bin :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

She got lowered a couple of weekends back but this is the first I've had a chance to give her a clean and take decent pictures :)

Tein springs lowering:

17mm rear

13mm front

The ride is great, not to soft and not too hard, much more feel to the car now. Clearance is still perfectly fine, I can get over the monster speed bumps at work still with no issue.

For those who will criticise for use of springs instead of coilovers the reasons are; For such a small drop it won't take the dampers out of normal operating range by any meaningful amount, the car doesn't see tracks etc so no reason from an performance point of view, costs a whole lot less so not burning money that can be spent in other areas :)

b1ca84b2.jpg

28095461.jpg

still plenty of clearance

df449028.jpg

these ones aren't on a level surface but look nice anyway :)

7d97271d.jpg

0af5954b.jpg

bf83e8b7.jpg