1st speeding ticket!

LRF4N

1st time for everything i suppose lol but here u cant get done by a camera if they get a photo of ur face but that was facing me thats why i ignored it. Was caught doin 37. Is there a difference with scottish and english laws in this?

Oh Irfan :bangin:

It is so easy done in a zed tho :lol: Don't know the difference in law - even if there is one - it usually depends on the force and what their targets are. With any luck you'll get the choice of a fine & points or attending a day's school - but think perhaps that only happens up to 36mph :thumbdown:

i know! slowest bm iv driven!! lol i wasnt racing or anything like that, cruising along and noticed the camera at the other side of the road, but thought it was harmless like it woulda been up here.... how wrong i was! lol

most of the cmaeras around here are facing the traffic that's being checked. Gets the number plate and the drivers face so you can't get out of the ticket if it matches your license photo. Useless for slowing down the 2 wheeled racers

My license photo doesn't really look like me! Stan will post it up probably!

I reckon I could get away with it! :lol::lol::lol:

i got flashed once by a camera on the other side of the road, it had all the markings for a rear facing camera. but it flashed me. had me panicing for ages, but nothing ever turned up.

I spend 90% of my life waiting for another ticket to come through the door :blush:

Think I picked up another ticket on Friday night. Unlit part of the A470 & there was a camera van on a bridge, I saw it just as I was going under the bridge :dry:

I v been snapped a couple of times from opposite lane cameras...once when i was overtaking and was in the opposite lane!!! :lol:

Never ever anything came through the post.... :yahoo:

I thought they could only do you from behind.... ;):lol:

But now i am really worried!!!! :scare:

I used to get a 320d M pack as a courtesy car when i had the maser...in fact i think i had the beamer longer than the maser!!! :lol::lol:

I still remember checking the speedo on the M62 when i first got it...i was doing 120+ and it felt as if i was not moving..... :scare::scare:

I feel for you m8....@*!# happens....just think of it as a small contribution to somebody's dole before the tax man does you all over end january!!! ;)

I picked up one last week, during a roadtrip.

It was on an empty highway Friday night, was doing 160km/h and the limit was 100 (thought it was 120).

Funny thing is I hadn't even noticed I was going that fast, I was having a conversation with the g/f, till I saw something flashing in the distance.

Turns out it was the police who were all over the street signalling me.

I pulled over, they were a bunch of nice guys, they started looking at the car, making nice comments about it. I told them I didnt even realise, they were like "how much power does this make?". I told them 450hp, they were all "well, no doubt you can easily drive at that speed in this car, but you have to watch the limit mate".

I walked away with a much easier to digest ticket than I was supposed to get. If they went strictly by the law, they would have taken my license for two fn months! :headhurt:

A Gatso camera can only get you from behind. A Truvelo (or copper in a van) or SPECS average camera can have you from the front.

There has been a camera set-up on test, for some time, going south on the A24 near West Grinstead which appears to be a new version of Trulove (forward facing) with a new Gatso style box immediately behind (rear facing) that has replaced one of the older versions. Looks like an all singing and dancing set up to take your pics as you arrive and depart - perhaps in an attempt to catch the bikers (full face/tinted masks - :wacko: ) but no doubt to get car drivers as well. Makes me think whether it might also be used to nick the non seat belt wearers or phone users.

I nearly got caught a the dual carriage way there was a car parked in a layby with the boot open, so thought nothing of it then everyone started breaking, then realised it was the copper sitting in the boot with the speed gun so I slowed down and he just glared at me :lol: was funny afterwards when I realised I'd got away with it :p

I thought they could only do you from behind.... ;):lol:

in more ways than one! lol so its just the type of camera? i thought it was the law lol

any loopholes for me to jump thru? if i have the option of a 3 hr lecture instead of points il happily take it- esp if i have to go back down south.... only went to krispy kremes once that trip lol

Do you get tickets if on the phone in the UK? Got my 4th ticket in the post the other day for talking on the mobile while sitting blank still in traffic :headhurt:

so 8 points ticking... 6 for speeding (3 stops)...

neither of them in the Z :scare:

anyway... dont mind the speeding ones but sickened about the phone one!

A.

most of the cmaeras around here are facing the traffic that's being checked. Gets the number plate and the drivers face so you can't get out of the ticket if it matches your license photo. Useless for slowing down the 2 wheeled racers

paper license for me :)

ticket i picked up was in new zealand.. like 7 cameras int he whole fricking country we got done doing 110k in a 100zone ! so lame not even doing 70 mph , least over ther though cameras cant give points only fines so if you got the cash thrash away !

Do you get tickets if on the phone in the UK? Got my 4th ticket in the post the other day for talking on the mobile while sitting blank still in traffic :headhurt:

so 8 points ticking... 6 for speeding (3 stops)...

neither of them in the Z :scare:

anyway... dont mind the speeding ones but sickened about the phone one!

A.

Not sure about the UK, but you get a ticket AND they take your license for a month, if they catch you on the phone in Greece.

BS if you ask me, you can smoke, eat, drink, make out, and it's ok. Make a call, and you deserve taking the bus for a month.