1st speeding ticket!

LRF4N

Do you get tickets if on the phone in the UK? Got my 4th ticket in the post the other day for talking on the mobile while sitting blank still in traffic :headhurt:

so 8 points ticking... 6 for speeding (3 stops)...

neither of them in the Z :scare:

anyway... dont mind the speeding ones but sickened about the phone one!

A.

Not sure about the UK, but you get a ticket AND they take your license for a month, if they catch you on the phone in Greece.

BS if you ask me, you can smoke, eat, drink, make out, and it's ok. Make a call, and you deserve taking the bus for a month.

+1

plus fines in Greece are absolutely ridiculous!!! :rant:

well saw the NIP the other night, its either £60 and 3 points or the speed awareness workshop, i aint havin points on my licence cos insurance companies already take the **** so will quite happily have a lecture for 3 hrs

only thing is il have to go back to northampton for my troubles..... so we were thinkin of just makin a weekend out of it and havin another drivin experinence at silverstone lol

one day il be getting a telling off for driving too fast, next day il be doing 130 in a ferarri lol- gotta love the irony!

....oh and a pit stop at good old krispy kremes on the way back!

A Gatso camera can only get you from behind. A Truvelo (or copper in a van) or SPECS average camera can have you from the front.

There's also the new gatso that can get you either way and any lane, and it doesn't flash to give you a clue either. Standard gatsos only get you if you're in the lane they're watching - never tested it tho :)

well saw the NIP the other night, its either £60 and 3 points or the speed awareness workshop, i aint havin points on my licence cos insurance companies already take the **** so will quite happily have a lecture for 3 hrs

I'd do the same, but you do realise that your insurance won't go up at all even if you did have 3pts for an SP30? Well, if it does then I'd be moving companies very quickly, as most don't give a damn any more.