Pete the wheel is in the house

Hello folks, thought id post a quick howdy and put up a few details about myself.

Names Pete (really) and im from north essex, known as Pete the wheel for 2 reasons, first being i own a alloy wheel refurbishing company,2nd is that due to suffering a spinal injury 6 yrs ago i sometimes use a wheelchair, hence "wheel".

My current cars include the wifes 206cc, my everyday Navara, a Sylva Striker 7 replica (only one in the world with an auto box and hand controls), and since late may a Nissan GTR.

Four cars you say, why is he on here looking for more, well, ive joined up to gather some info on the 350 and 370z, i looked at the 350z a few yrs back, before ordering the GTR. Reason for looking now, well have done a couple of trackdays in the GTR and to be honest the damm thing is just too good, makes it too easy, and makes me look almost a good driver.

The car is just epic, doubt i will ever own or drive a car like it ever again, however i want more fun at trackdays so think the 350 or 370z maybe the way to go.

So, any of you guys have any thoughts on the autobox in the 350z then, any good, can you got them with paddles.

Ok, think thats it, ill bid you farewell for now, i already know a couple of you folks from other forums, one being the infamous Nixy, ask her nicely and she will send you some great pics ;)

Regards

Pete

Morning Pete!

The 350z is a tiptronic box but you can get a paddle shift kit for it. The 370z has paddles as standard, haven't driven the auto in either model but the manuals are great! Would think the autos would be great too!

You've come to the correct place for info especially for tracking it.

:thumbs:

:welcome: to the forum Pete - wow bit of a car line up there! :)

One of the guys on the forum (Marzman) has a Tiptronic Zed and he has made his own paddle shifts and taken it on drifting days sure he will be along soon to advise.

You wont regret buying a Zed - I love mine :D

Welcome along Pete :) You're definitley in the right place mate

If you haven't already, have a wee chat with 'zmanalex' re 350z vs R35 as track cars - especially if you're interested in what you'd call 'non-standard set-ups' ;)

welcome to the club :welcome:

Ekona also tracks his as does mrlizard, i've taken mine on an airfield day, and they are extremly well balanced. get a couple of track day adjustments like suspension, brake upgrades and the car becomes a very capable weapon.

:welcome:

Agree with what you have said. know a couple of guys have had the GTR's and mention the same problem--The car is tooooo perfect (your granny could drive it fast) They are now selling them for exactly the reason you say :thumbdown:

The zed IMHO is more a drivers car :D;):drive1

Welcome Pete (i hate you)!!! :lol:

Just for your info, the auto on the 350 is only on imports. Maybe you should try the 370 and see what you think? Anyway, you will get lots of advice on here its a very informative and friendly place and spot on for a numpty like you who likes a bit of banter! :thumbs:

Welcome to the nuthouse Pete. :thumbs: I've driven 17 350's both manual and tiptronic. Manual as you would expect goes well on the track (out of the box/stock, although with some slight brake fade if braking very hard). The only one thing with the tiptronic on the track, even in manual mode it does have a slight mind of it's own and changes gear if it doesn't agree with your choice. But doesn't so much as to be really annoying.

Let us know how you get on. :thumbs: