Work Rezax FS offshoot including dubstyle and rat look chat

Chris`I

IMO the guy was just stepping out of line constantly and the forum as a whole would be a better place without him. The admin and mods have worked hard to get the correct type of people on here and us as users have a tight nit community going and would not want it to be spoilt by certain people. So he had to go...................... Again this is just my opinion

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe so, but seeing as he was posting not in the spirit of this forum or adhering to the forum rules viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46 , the board decided that this person we could do without. Especially as he only had 35 posts.

We hope you understand :)

Perfectly. Im admin on SXOC.com myself and wouldnt consider arguing any ban you guys have dished out.

I would ask if you feel its acceptable to post personal opinions on price styling etc. on other peoples for sale threads though, as that seems a bit unfair to me. Id also ask why the three strike system doesnt appear to have been used here as in the link you quoted :)

Believe me, Im not looking for an argument at all, just interested :thumbs:

Agree the 3 strike system wasn't used in this case, but with so few post and the way it was going, the decision was made to go to immediate ban. The ban in question was put forward in the admin section and was agreed by all of the board who where around at the time and it would of been the majority. :)

When posting on a forum you will always be open to personal opinions on everything. We have posted that if a member wishing to sell something, can ask the thread to be locked so preventing other opinions be added.

Fully understand where your coming from and no argument being looked for :)

IMO the guy was just stepping out of line constantly and the forum as a whole would be a better place without him. The admin and mods have worked hard to get the correct type of people on here and us as users have a tight nit community going and would not want it to be spoilt by certain people. So he had to go...................... Again this is just my opinion

thank you for your kind words Jay. So far we've done very well to keep the chav element away

My 2p's worth of experience running stretched tyres.

The risk for me is not if the tyre comes of the rim, but how safe the car is in the wet (if you don't intend to slide or drift).

If you take a car on track and try reasonably hard, you will find that the edge of your tyre is rounded, as the tyre has distorted under load. This isn't an issue for tyres that are in manufacturers recommended limits, as there is still a treaded section of tyre making contact to the tarmac. In fact after a few laps and tyres have rounded edges the car is much more predictable.

When an over stretched tyre distorts under load, the distortion brings the sidewall into contact with the tarmac, just a little no doubt during fast road use, but enough in my experience to lose traction earlier in the wet than a stock tyre size.

This is my theory based on my experience of seeing stretched tyres sliding a mates car in the wet.

When an over stretched tyre distorts under load, the distortion brings the sidewall into contact with the tarmac, just a little no doubt during fast road use, but enough in my experience to lose traction earlier in the wet than a stock tyre size.

This is my theory based on my experience of seeing stretched tyres sliding a mates car in the wet.

I dont think anyone would deny that a 225 will offer less lateral grip than a 245, for example, but my personal experience is that the car if anything is more predictable as there is considerably less tyre roll due to the reduced profile. Once the car gets into a slide its more controllable for similar reasons.

Perhaps you lose very little in outright grip in the wet, but the "feel" of the car more than makes up for that. Im speaking from personal experience of running everything from 245 DO-1J's on a 7.5J to 225's on a 10.5, on road, track and drift. :thumbs:

I would like to add something. I refrained from taking action at the time and raised my concerns to the board. I seperated the chat from the for sale post and locked it to keep the (ex) member happy and respect his sale. I also tried a few times to steer the thread away from being a slanging match between members however tempers were flared.

I can see how some of the posts made by the members could have been misunderstood by someone who is more knowledgeable in the area of stretched tyres and sticking wheels out of arches HOWEVER people can share knowledge in a positive way and it is very much appreciated on this site. I for one enjoy learning new things and would happily of read a constructive post made on the subject. I'm sure others would have too.

After some discussion with docwra regarding Jord and the forum strike rules, we have decided to cancel the ban to Jord but issue a 1st Strike warning. Lets hope that this is the end of it and things can progress nicely. This decision voted by all the board. :)

Read every page of this thread, lost on all the rubber stuff, stretching, drifting, but i am picking up stuff all time as i knew less than a small stone to start with. and good to see site mods and admin being fair and objective. and was a damned good soap to kill an hour. cant believe it all started with some rims wiv part worn boots 4 sale!!!!.. escalating to forum holocaust. great stuff.

:surrender:

Drat! How did i miss this most amazing post :scare: It was very entertining and i think reinstating Jord is fair as he was not all entirely wrong ;)

Anyway i hope everything has been taken in the spirit of the forum and bygones be bygones :thumbs:

I for one would look forward to many of this happening in future as it only enriches our collective experince :yahoo::yahoo:

Blimey. :blink:

I feel Ive got to post at least a little bit on here, but please dont ban me too. ;)

Jord is a good friend of mine and is an intelligent He didn't come across as intelligent with his posts , down to earth feller - he has been part of the jap car scene for a while and has owned (and still does) some extremely nice cars. Both of us drift regularly and indeed he is a judge for the British Drift Championship.

Having been drifting cars for over 5 years now, I can support what he has said regarding the safety of stretched tyres – Ive never seen a stretched tyre debead or fall off a rim, often even when running them to the point they actually blow out. There is a lot of negativity around regarding running stretch, but if its not a problem on a car going sideways at 100+mph I cant accept it is for cars running on the road either. I have run stretch up to 225 on a 10J rim with no issues, and the new wheels I have for my Z33 will be either a 225 or 235 on a 10J as well.

We get a lot of the same about welded diffs as well. Again, having run one for 5 years and knowing loads of others who have its not actually a problem.

Ive not been on this site long, so feel free to tell me Im an arse, but I don’t see how placing personal opinions regarding price and style on a For Sale thread is helpful for anyone YOU CAN ASK FOR ANY FOR SALE THREAD TO BE LOCKED AT ANYTIME, THIS THREAD WAS ACTUALLY SPLIT FROM THE FOR SALE THREAD SO EVERYONE IS FREE TO POST WITHIN THIS THREAD AS THEY SEE FIT.. For sure, if you feel that the tyres might not be safe then that’s helpful information, but personal opinion isn’t. I know (I have over 40 JDM wheels in various sizes) that those wheels are rocking horse and are well worth the money he is selling them for.

I cant see that what car they came off of has anything to do with anything EH??? ITS MASSIVELY IMPORTANT. IF THEY CAME OFF A 350Z THEN PEOPLE WANT TO SEE PICS. IF THEY CAME OFF SOMETHING ELSE THEN HOW DO THEY KNOW THEY WILL FIT??? HE EVEN SAID IF THEY DON'T THEN ITS YOUR OWN FAULT AND NO REFUND WOULD BE GIVEN FOR BEING SO STUPID!!, and if the tyres are worn, so what UNEVEN TYRE WEAR WOULD INDICATE THAT THEY ARE NOT THE CORRECT FITMENT FOR THE ZED.........?? They are secondhand wheels, Id expect it myself.

Fresh import on a car is secondhand, why not for a set of wheels? OK, I SELL YOU A 'FRESHLY IMPORTED' ZED FOR £20K. YOU ASSUME ITS NEW, I DON'T TELL YOU OTHERWISE. A BATTERED 7 YR OLD ZED TURNS UP, YOUR NOT HAPPY. YOU FOLLOW????

As for drifting fooking wheels beyond comprehension ………. How, exactly? They are bloody great lumps of metal with tyres round them.

Sorry if Ive offended anyone, but I probably wont be selling any wheels here in the future if this is the response you can expect.

Oh, and for the record:

yoshi5.jpg

That’s looks pretty good to me and both are bigger front and back than Jords.

Red Z33: [F]19x9.5 +4 [R]19x10.5 -15

Silver Z33: [F]19x9.5 -6 [R]19x10 -15

The questions put to him were simple questions that any potential buyer would want to know. There is a tight community on here and we don't want to see any of the members getting stung. As a new member he should have anticipated people being wary, but instead he made himself look like a 14 yr child.

No need to shout Sarnie ;)

Jord and I probably look at wheel for sale threads differently from the average joe - I know pretty much any 5x114.3 wheel will fit on a 350Z and long as its not stupid sized, mostly as Ive got 36 JDM wheels of various sizes myself that are used across my three Nissans. For me (and the whole of Driftworks for instance) its pretty pointless seeing the wheels on a widearch Silvia if Im putting them on a 350Z.

Indeed, its very rare that you buy a set of JDM wheels and see or even know what they were on before - as I say, its irrelevant to me anyway.

If you want to know if they will fit then do some research. Ive got even wider rims than theser to go on my Z33 and through research I know exactly how much my fenders need to be flared, what camber I need to run and what tyres to make them fit.

You could go to *insert generic aftermarket part company* and buy what they recommend, but you and your car arent going to be unique that way. If you were to buy Jords wheels youd be the only 350Z in the UK rocking a fat set of Rezax, but its down to you to check they fit.

Id also add that if they dont fit, the rarity of these mean you can sell them on with no issues.

Uneven tyre wear means whoever ran them last had a lot of camber, that all. If its mentioned I dont see what the issue is.

Fresh Import and Brand New arent the same thing. I bought a "Fresh Import" Evo VI last year. It was 10 years old. Dont see the difference, particularly when you have pics of the wheels for reference.

I think a lot of the friction here is simply caused by different attitudes and experiences to car modification, in this case in the arena of wheelage. When I asked about wheel offsets etc. (possibly on the other site) about 18 months ago I was told that the wheels that were actually on my car at that time wouldnt fit and that I was talking rubbish - obviously they did though, just the poster didnt have enough real life experience to make comment.

Half the point of these forums is that we are all learning. Possibly even you could learn as well if you were a little less confrontational ;)

Anyway, thats my piece - if anyone wants to ask about wheel fitments, arch rolling, tyre stretch or anything drift related then just ask - if I want to know about Lambos I know where to come too ;):D

Docwra, nice post.

Sarnie - give it up dude. It's over! :lol:

Lets learn from each other (like I said before) and use each others knowledge to strengthen the club and the online forum.

No need to shout Sarnie ;)

Jord and I probably look at wheel for sale threads differently from the average joe - I know pretty much any 5x114.3 wheel will fit on a 350Z and long as its not stupid sized JORD DIDN'T PUT THE PDC IN HIS FOR SALE POST HENCE NOBODY KNEW IF THEY WOULD FIT A Z33 WHICH IS WHY WE ASKED WHAT CAR THEY HAD BEEN ON, AS IT MAY HAVE GIVEN A CLUE TO MEMBERS IF THEY WERE ON AN S14 FOR EXAMPLE, THEN THEY WOULD FIT A Z33, JUST SAYING "DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND IF THEY DON'T FIT TOUGH LUCK IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO MOST PEOPLE, he also states himself that he doubts they will bolt straight on and the buyer will need to "make them fit" WTF.. mostly as Ive got 36 JDM wheels of various sizes myself that are used across my three Nissans. For me (and the whole of Driftworks for instance) its pretty pointless seeing the wheels on a widearch Silvia if Im putting them on a 350Z.

Indeed, its very rare that you buy a set of JDM wheels and see or even know what they were on before - as I say, its irrelevant to me anyway. IT MAY BE TO YOU, BUT NOT TO AN UNSUSPECTING NOOB

If you want to know if they will fit then do some research. Ive got even wider rims than theser to go on my Z33 and through research I know exactly how much my fenders need to be flared, what camber I need to run and what tyres to make them fit.

You could go to *insert generic aftermarket part company* and buy what they recommend, but you and your car arent going to be unique that way. If you were to buy Jords wheels youd be the only 350Z in the UK rocking a fat set of Rezax, but its down to you to check they fit.

Id also add that if they dont fit, the rarity of these mean you can sell them on with no issues.

Uneven tyre wear means whoever ran them last had a lot of camber, that all. If its mentioned I dont see what the issue is. THE ISSUE IS THAT CAMBER WAS NOT MENTIONED, JUST UNEVEN TYRE WEAR WHICH TO MY MIND LEADS TO WHEELS THAT HAVE BEEN DOING DOUGHNUTS IN TESCO'S CAR PARK ON A SAXO.

Fresh Import and Brand New arent the same thing. I bought a "Fresh Import" Evo VI last year. It was 10 years old. Dont see the difference, particularly when you have pics of the wheels for reference.

I think a lot of the friction here is simply caused by different attitudes and experiences to car modification, in this case in the arena of wheelage. When I asked about wheel offsets etc. (possibly on the other site) about 18 months ago I was told that the wheels that were actually on my car at that time wouldnt fit and that I was talking rubbish - obviously they did though, just the poster didnt have enough real life experience to make comment.

Half the point of these forums is that we are all learning. Possibly even you could learn as well if you were a little less confrontational ;)

Anyway, thats my piece - if anyone wants to ask about wheel fitments, arch rolling, tyre stretch or anything drift related then just ask - if I want to know about Lambos I know where to come too YEP, YOU DO. ;):D

And Stew, if this post is directed at you:

ha ha,this thread is the funniest I have read in a long time!! I find it almost unbelievable how retarded some of you are "oooh Im richer than you and have a lambo" .......well done mate,you also seem to have the attitude of a typical lambo driver like young boys aswell do we? .How one of you can suggest that the fella is trying to kill someone by running stretched tyres is laughable-are you really that ****ing thick? or just trying to ruin someones for sale thread? people have been doing it for years and Ive never heard of it killing anyone yet? having your boyfriend suck your **** while driving a lambo on the other hand...........

I'm sure your opinion would be different ;)

Doc, I got to agree with what you have said and well done for voicing your opinon and sticking up for your mate (who obviously knows lots more about modding JDM cars that those that jumped at him realised!! )

If someone puts something 2nd hand then its a case of buyer beware.... No matter how people try and mollycoddle! Just cause someone who is vociferous about they think things look gash dosnt mean that everyone has to follow that... Its your car, mod it how you want... i.e. Dont go stick spacers on a car just " too please others"

Good on you for trying something when your told it dosnt work, if everyone followed the "rules" we would all be driving 350's with Nismo kits, LMGT4's and stubby ariels !!! And things would be very boring! Love the fact that people are trying new things with the Zed by going rat / dub style or at least trying something different!

Peeps post up on here asking for pics of items fitted on a car, you can take the wheel and fit it on a Zed, just cause there is a pic dosnt mean that its going to fit or work in real life! Whats next, can I have a video of the car in motion so I can see the wheels in motion and that they do fit to the acceptable limits.... Sometimes you have to go for it and make it work if it dosnt or deal with your mistakes!

The fact that my rear tyres were down to the cord on my car didnt mean that my volks were the wrong size / fitment, it just meant I had to sort my camber out and buy some other parts.

I think the fact that someone was banned (if he has been reinstated then not sure after that if he would want to come back here and participate anyway!) just cause he came back at 2 or 3 people that really wernt interested in buying the rims anyway was a bit harsh... They were his parts and he should have been able to defend them (its strange that it happens in one thread but not in another when a clean up is requested!!) But it just goes back to the discussions in the past that if you have something for sale and dont want to deal with the neg comments and defend yourself (without fear of getting banned) then ask for the thread to be locked.... Cleanups are fine as long as the content is moved for all to see, after all its an open forum!

Oh and too me, fresh import is "its just come off the ship and is used!"

And Stew, if this post is directed at you:

ha ha,this thread is the funniest I have read in a long time!! I find it almost unbelievable how retarded some of you are "oooh Im richer than you and have a lambo" .......well done mate,you also seem to have the attitude of a typical lambo driver like young boys aswell do we? .How one of you can suggest that the fella is trying to kill someone by running stretched tyres is laughable-are you really that ****ing thick? or just trying to ruin someones for sale thread? people have been doing it for years and Ive never heard of it killing anyone yet? having your boyfriend suck your **** while driving a lambo on the other hand...........

I'm sure your opinion would be different ;)

That user was banned for making such stupid comments and I could easily have deleted the post before you saw it. I left it there to highlight the idiocy of the people that we try to keep away from the forum. Personal insults dressed up in any way are unacceptable here.

I think the fact that someone was banned (if he has been reinstated then not sure after that if he would want to come back here and participate anyway!) just cause he came back at 2 or 3 people that really wernt interested in buying the rims anyway was a bit harsh... They were his parts and he should have been able to defend them (its strange that it happens in one thread but not in another when a clean up is requested!!) But it just goes back to the discussions in the past that if you have something for sale and dont want to deal with the neg comments and defend yourself (without fear of getting banned) then ask for the thread to be locked.... Cleanups are fine as long as the content is moved for all to see, after all its an open forum!

The member in question only had 35 post ant point of the forum taking action and he is a moderator on another forum. This chap should of known better.

We banned people before without a 3 strike. Look at Da Whip for instance.

I can see this from both sides, i think we are BAD at posting things in for sale threads that shouldnt be there, this isnt the first time i have seen this myself, and i can understand that the OP of the wheels sale thread would be annoyed by this...

I think both sides had a 'emotional' response to the thread a flared up more than was needed. I also think Jords ban was a bit premature and am glad it has been undone, but a bit too late i think.

It might not be such a bad thing for the UK 350Z scene to see a bit more of these 'extreme' offset wheels and discussions on it as we are very conservative atm!

Anyhow, i didnt contribute to this as nothing constructive came to mind, i just hope that we can all take something on board from this and maybe not take such a dim view of new members from the off!!!

I also think Jords ban was a bit premature and am glad it has been undone, but a bit too late i think.

I stand by the decision made at the time. It was decided by jointly. As pointed out before which such few posts by this member the action was correct. We did just the same for instance with Da Whip. Why do you think its too late? We have been discussing this with a Docwra for over a week and this started very shortly after the ban was issued. Perhaps you should know all the facts before making a statment like this.

my 2p's worth is this.

Forums are melting pots for all kinds of people from all kinds of walks of life.

There will be quite rare occasions that everybody will agree on one thing.

We are all different and that is what makes forums interesting and diverse.

Keeping the above in mind, it's quite difficult as an admin/moderator to make a decision that pleases everybody, due to the above mentioned reasons.

I too am an admin on a different forum and have witnessed how hard it can be to make an important decision like a ban, because in the back of your head, you know somebody isn't going to agree, which is fine and expected, but makes the life of an admin/moderator harder nonetheless.

I also think Jords ban was a bit premature and am glad it has been undone, but a bit too late i think.

I stand by the decision made at the time. It was decided by jointly. As pointed out before which such few posts by this member the action was correct. We did just the same for instance with Da Whip. Why do you think its too late? We have been discussing this with a Docwra for over a week and this started very shortly after the ban was issued. Perhaps you should know all the facts before making a statment like this.

Posting this up a week after the ban was lifted, I'd say that its you who is a little late, Adrian. ;)

Posting this up a week after the ban was lifted, I'd say that its you who is a little late, Adrian. ;)

:lol::blush:

I must concur with the other mods, the decision taken was based on what we knew at the time and what had been posted to date. Its hard to judge a character, but going by the previous posts it was going nowhere. And as a mod of other forums the OP should have known better.