We picked up the new GTR yesterday!!!

lulu!

My dad picked up his UK Spec Nissan GT-R yesterday, it is the first one from the Westover dealership in Bournemouth

We picked the car up at 7.29AM (lap time at the ring) to be greeted with a bottle of champagne and flowers for my mum, sister and myself, he was also given a model of the GT-R and a car cover too!

The service he has received from Westover Nissan really has been brilliant, so good infact he wanted me to put this post up on the forum to give them good feeback as a dealer for other potential buyers, the trip to the nurburgring and over to the Geneva car show, plus all the extras he has got with the car has really made buying the car an enjoyable experience. To top of the day the dealership had put £100 behind the bar at my dad's local pub as they knew we were toasting the arrival of the car, very thoughtful.

Today dad let me drive her! The pick up is immense, she is currently being run in so can't be taken over 3 and a half thousand revs but jesus you can feel the power is desperate to get out. i used it in auto and manual, first time for me using paddles which was scary but cool.

Lots of looks from people, firstly looking at the car then realising a young woman was driving it hehe

The car really does look after you whilst cornering hard in the wet.

We were worried about the exhaust tone but sitting in traffic you get a lovely purrrr and my dad really wanted an understated noise. When you open her up the car really does roar.

We set her up with the full race mode and the gear change is instantaneous, the box works perfectly.

Sorry to keep on but im so excited that i got a drive and dad trusted me enough lol

on with the pics!!!

DSC00673.jpg

DSC00679.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

DSC00682.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

DSC00688.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

DSC00691.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

heres some more pics of her with my Z and the brother in laws Aston

DSC00699.jpg

DSC00701.jpg

DSC00702.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

DSC00704.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

DSC00706.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

DSC00708.jpg

Wow that looks fantastic, congratulations to your dad and great that he gave you a drive. The car looks great and I am very pleased to hear that the dealers have taken it up a few gears to get the new ownership experience on spec too.

The 350 doesnt look out of place next to it though ;)

Yes the drive way is looking slightly packed this morning and our mate in a black 350Z has just turned up so its starting to look like a nissan dealership, once my fiance's R32 GTR comes out of storage the Nissan family will grow!

Luckily I get to appreciate the car without the service bills, and dad is preparing himself fort he shock.

At last the sun is appearing today, the last fews days have been constantly raining and we have already washed the car 3 times.

Nissan UK were taking official photographs of the launch so when we get them i will update this thread.

If you class 2 dogs at the gate as 2 mini yorkshire terriers then our driveway is secure lol

We all went out for a drive in the sunshine today, and the GTR just ran rings around both my Z and the Aston, sadly with my lack of driving skills I embaressingly limped behind whilst the Aston gave chase, but the GTR was gone into the distance....the presence the GTR had on the road was awesome and at every junction people were fumbling for their camera phones lol.

Posing? us? never! hehe