Newbie wonders what you guy's to for a living?

Zazur

Hi guy's,

Bought a Z and joined the club recently :yahoo: , just wondered what other members did to earn a crust?

I will kick the ball off with myself.

I am captain of the boat below which is based in Monaco and we do alot of traverling during the summer season. :D

The boat is a triple engined, Arneson drive 50 knot :teeth: Sunseeker.

Pictures from last years trip to Italy,Croatia and Greece.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not another boaty person! :lol::lol::lol:

I'm a production Engineer for a large Oil Service Company. I sit in a big room with lots of screens and try to keep production on 100+ wells peachy!

Doesn't always work though due normally due to dumbass operators offshore....... (thought I'd get this in before Ross says my equipment is crap!)

Beats sitting on oil rigs and in hotels all over the world which I did previously!

Hi guy's,

Bought a Z and joined the club recently :yahoo: , just wondered what other members did to earn a crust?

I will kick the ball off with myself.

I am captain of the boat below which is based in Monaco and we do alot of traverling during the summer season. :D

The boat is a triple engined, Arneson drive 50 knot :teeth: Sunseeker.

Pictures from last years trip to Italy,Croatia and Greece.

If I captained my own boat in Monaco I'd be quick to offer up that information too ! :D

Nothing as glamourous for me .... work for a subsea construction company in Aberdeen

Staying on boats :) I captained a 60 ft and 110 ft Azimut in Jebel Ali for a while, owner was a muppet so I got out.

My present toy.

tugs079.jpg

Cue Lexx :lol:

Needs lowering but i see you have plenty of spacers hanging over the side Martin. :lol:

I'm a sparky :yawn:

Doesn't always work though due normally due to dumbass operators offshore....... (thought I'd get this in before Ross says my equipment is crap!)

Oof that hurts! As Stew says i'm a dumbass offshore oil/gas operator. I sit around and drink tea all day until Stews equipment breaks down with no apparent reason or fore-warning. Then I have to go outside in the cold for hours until it starts working again. :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

R

Oof that hurts! As Stew says i'm a dumbass offshore oil/gas operator. I sit around and drink tea all day until Stews equipment breaks down with no apparent reason or fore-warning. Then I have to go outside in the cold for hours until it starts working again. :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

R

Both working fine just now! You can get the CRO to send me some well tests though if you want an excuse to stay warm inside! :thumbs:

R

Both working fine just now! You can get the CRO to send me some well tests though if you want an excuse to stay warm inside! :thumbs:

I would mate but im off for a week as i've done my back in on the ice. I'm away next week but only for half a trip.

R

Staying on boats :) I captained a 60 ft and 110 ft Azimut in Jebel Ali for a while, owner was a muppet so I got out.

My present toy.

tugs079.jpg

Cue Lexx :lol:

I see those tugs everyday where I work.

I'm a Berth Operator at the Port Of Felixstowe.

Nothing to do with berthing vessels or giving birth to ships.

Us Berth-Ops usually go up onto container vessels and do all the lashing work and the quay work.