unmarked police cars

mbs

Just read a post from a member who got pulled for 98mph on M25 by an unmarked car. Could there be some mileage in building up a database of unmarked cars that members have spotted, make, colour, Reg if possible and area spotted.

Just read a post from a member who got pulled for 98mph on M25 by an unmarked car. Could there be some mileage in building up a database of unmarked cars that members have spotted, make, colour, Reg if possible and area spotted.

Mm, i used to work for NYP and have some 'contacts' so maybe I could at least find some of the ones we need to avoid! Used to be BMW 3 series in the old days. ;)

Basically, if i EVER see a Vectra or an Octavia on the motorway i always pass cautiously... i bet they think im crackers when i pull up alongside them, look at them, and then speed off when i know its safe!! :lol:

HAHAHA dude i do the exact same thing, so your not alone :lol:

BMW 5 series are also popular with police in the glasgow area :rant:

West Yorkshire traffic cops tend to use Volvo T5's and Vectra estates. Plates used to end 'UA' with no dealer info.

Once saw an unmarked 5 series estate in Lincoln - they must have more money!

They tend to have light rear tints to hid all the lights and cameras on view, but the 2 ariels is a dead giveaway.

Basically, if i EVER see a Vectra or an Octavia on the motorway i always pass cautiously... i bet they think im crackers when i pull up alongside them, look at them, and then speed off when i know its safe!! :lol:

HAHAHA dude i do the exact same thing, so your not alone :lol:

BMW 5 series are also popular with police in the glasgow area :rant:

Thats at least three of us then. I despise people who buy black volvos, octavias and mondeos. :angry:

i work next to some form of police related lockup for cars with an office attached, they seem to cover, warwick/leamington and a fair amount of the M40, within this secluded area there are a few unmarked Volvo's and quite a few Octavia's in black as well as a marked Evo 9 and a marked hawkeye impreza sti... :scare:

had one behind me on the a46 with his lights on, i was doing about 75, had no where to pull over, inside lanes queuing to go off slip road, (and he didnt want me) so i had to speed up to about 105 then slammed the brakes on and pulled in to middle lane, this is with a K1 so was making quite a noise, his passenger gave me the :thumbs: on the way past... didnt know what else to do really... :lol:

had one behind me on the a46 with his lights on, i was doing about 75, had no where to pull over, inside lanes queuing to go off slip road, (and he didnt want me) so i had to speed up to about 105 then slammed the brakes on and pulled in to middle lane, this is with a K1 so was making quite a noise, his passenger gave me the :thumbs: on the way past... didnt know what else to do really... :lol:

Cant wait to see that on Traffic Cops :teeth:

I agree with the OU reg start, at least around here!

You have to worry about anything nowadays. I saw a X reg Bora and a Y reg Seat in December having pulled people over. Nothing is safe it seems. In fact, I think I've only ever been pulled over by Vauxhalls......

White Ford Focus Zetec on a 56 plate on the A14 between M1 and Huntingdon

Dark Blue Volvo saloon on a 57 plate + Silver Mondeo on the A1 between Peterborough and Huntingdon.

And unmarked Blue Fireblade and a Silver Yam FZ1, around Peterboghorror as my mate sold them to the cops. :scare:

So the conclusion is..... You never know!!! :rant:

Good luck to all of us..... :lol:

Black unmarked evo X on the M18 and and a white wrx sti on the M62....lots of little unmarked bangers in the Hull area as well although they are more likely to be after the stolen car in front of you.... :lol::lol::lol:

Unmarked BMW 5 series tourer in silver and a X5 in black both with heavy tinted windows that make me laugh because of the issue about all the boy racers around the Weston-super-Mud area having there tints pulled off by the law for being to dark :lol:

Also a couple of Skoda estates in red and black. :lol:

Not sure reg would be worth it mind I doubt id have time to check a list of reg before working out if it was a cop car and slowing down!

As for make again not sure as there so many diff onces and they are forever changing are loads of diff ones

The most comom being vectras, volvos, mondeos etc

But I have seen evo's, scoobys, bmw 3/5, Jag Audi A3/A4, Skoda's, mercs (mostly C) and I am sure the list goes on! One force even has a Lotus I saw in the paper! (that was marked though to be fair but you never know!

The best trick is to look for arials (thats what I do), a cop car will have more than the standard for radio and a set of 4 on the roof if it has a device for recieving tracker. Another massive give away is two rear view mirrors or from behind a rear display screen to give messages 'pull over' etc and a camera

We just have Focus Estates and Octavia's around my way. And an Agila, it has brutal tyre shredding acceleration*

I've seen on my travels, stickered X5's, stickered Vectra Estates (Thames Valley ones are 'tuned' by Thorney Motorsport), un-marked Mondigo's, un-marked A4's, un-marked Octavia's. Stickered and un-marked 5 series'.

Basically, don't speed :thumbs:

*It doesn't really

Unmarked police cars, mainly from the midlands:

Silver Mondeo ST220 - BX07 LSU

Black Vectra - VX57 DWG

Silver Vectra - VX07 FTT

Beige Audi A6 - BX06 WJK

Silver Audi A6 - BX06 WTK

Grey Volvo - BX05 UOB

Grey BMW - BU56 CUZ

Black Volvo Estate - VX57 KXJ

Blue Mondeo ST - BU05 WXT

Grey Mondeo ST - BX06 WTP

Black Mazda 3 - YC57 EYD (this just looks like a standard car, till the blue lights come on!!!!!)

CAR - Skoda Octavia RS

COLOUR - silver

REG - BU05 WXW

LOCATION - Landour Street

Car - Ford Mondeo ST220

Colour - Racing blue

Reg - BU04 KKW

Area - Brum centre

Car - BMW 5 series

colour - silver / grey

Reg **** POB

area - M6 / M42