My 370z and Misha

Eddie_r32

8 hours ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

WOW! That looks great. But as you say scary. nice 1 thanks for sharing.

You imagine Misha takes it for a little spin and build up to race pace but no, he gets in car turns off traction and floors it

• Haha 1

You're braver then me, there's no way I'd let someone drive mine like that.

Genuine question though, who is this guy? It's like he's sprung up from nowhere and everyone's letting him take their cars out. Shows that in the right hands 370z can certainly keep up with the competition 

He used to race scooters and maybe other child like things, got a job at ring garage and has just done 1000s and 1000s of laps, Auto Alex set this up for me, I'm not sure I'd of volunteered it, but if he crashes he pays. First few corners, as you can tell, I was wondering what I'd done but glad I did it as I can see what my car is actually capable of now!

1 hour ago, Olly350z said:

You're braver then me, there's no way I'd let someone drive mine like that.

Genuine question though, who is this guy? It's like he's sprung up from nowhere and everyone's letting him take their cars out. Shows that in the right hands 370z can certainly keep up with the competition 

He works at the ring as a Ring Driver and Youtuber. Hes been around for a long time on YouTube. 

Speaking of letting others drive. It was good to let my younger brother drive the Nismo and funny. Never got to drive his Supra 2JZ though. Its good to experience your car as a passenger. 

Eddie you around next weekend, im just down the road. Can come look at your Z if you dont mind?

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Thanks for sharing this, I've watched it twice. Gutted there was no floor or rear view cameras.

I'd love to do something like this and glad to see another Z owner on the forum has. What an experience, he's done so many laps around the ring and driven so many cars, that whatever advice and praise he gives is on a more comprehensive scale than anyone on the internet.

I'm assuming with the rear axle complaints, the suspension and Z1 inserts have helped but I don't recall any comments on your differential bushings? If you haven't done them then I know for my next Z I'll prioritise the differential bushings over the Z1 inserts or motor mounts.

Again thanks for sharing, happy to see you enjoy a lap around the ring in your very nice Z.

7 hours ago, Umster said:

Thanks for sharing this, I've watched it twice. Gutted there was no floor or rear view cameras.

I'd love to do something like this and glad to see another Z owner on the forum has. What an experience, he's done so many laps around the ring and driven so many cars, that whatever advice and praise he gives is on a more comprehensive scale than anyone on the internet.

I'm assuming with the rear axle complaints, the suspension and Z1 inserts have helped but I don't recall any comments on your differential bushings? If you haven't done them then I know for my next Z I'll prioritise the differential bushings over the Z1 inserts or motor mounts.

Again thanks for sharing, happy to see you enjoy a lap around the ring in your very nice Z.

cheers for the kind words, i have done rear diff bushes, as soon as he pointed camera in my face i forgot every single mod that was on the car! i am pretty sure it is just coikovers being on full soft the dampers were probably not doing anything at all. full soft on a b16 is still pretty stiff especially for uk roads but over there it really needed more. I would do the diff bushes first they are relatively easy, the z1 inserts were done by Horsham and Craig said they were an absolute pita to do had to pretty much put the entire cars weight on them to get them to slide in. oh and do the trans mount!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eddie_r32 said:

cheers for the kind words, i have done rear diff bushes, as soon as he pointed camera in my face i forgot every single mod that was on the car! i am pretty sure it is just coikovers being on full soft the dampers were probably not doing anything at all. full soft on a b16 is still pretty stiff especially for uk roads but over there it really needed more. I would do the diff bushes first they are relatively easy, the z1 inserts were done by Horsham and Craig said they were an absolute pita to do had to pretty much put the entire cars weight on them to get them to slide in. oh and do the trans mount!

Aaaahhh my mate just told me I'm wrong, you do mention the diff bushings at the start. 

I've watched it a third time now 🤣 what a freaking lap

Brave man, I'm very impressed that you went through with it.

We popped into Apex last year, as we do during most visits to Nurburg. Misha and the crew are always good to chat to and very welcoming.    

Been following Misha for a while now and love his vids. Helps that he actually seems like a nice bloke.

Great vid and bigger balls than me letting someone else drive the 370 let alone around the ring :D