HR Lights Copped for £200!

Jay zee

Just a usual work day in the truck delivering timber when I see a small JDM breakers literally next door. I looked over the fence to see a Z's front end. Curiosity got the better of me so I popped in for a look, only to see they were HR's!!. I shot the guy an offer for £200 he agreed as long as I take them off. Absolutely over the moon! They need a deep polish and one has some condensation from being out in the rain however, it gives me a nice project during the winter. Polished one up during my break and looks sensational!

20221219_104059.jpg

20221219_105351.jpg

20221219_132248.jpg

Edited by Jay zee
  • Like 4

• Jay zee changed the title to HR Lights Copped for £200!
On 20/12/2022 at 20:57, davey_83 said:

That is some luck, not only are they facelift lamps but we're fitted to a DE. Great upgrade for any 03-05 350z, what a price.

Still can't believe it man! I'm sure someone will correct me here but did the uprev come with those HR lights or was it just HR's?🤔

1 hour ago, pintopete58 said:

I think it's 06 onwards 

This!! These are facelift lamps which where fitted to the RevUp DE onwards. Only visual exterior HR difference was the bulge bonnet and one interior change over the RevUp......

• Like 1

On 24/12/2022 at 17:29, davey_83 said:

This!! These are facelift lamps which where fitted to the RevUp DE onwards. Only visual exterior HR difference was the bulge bonnet and one interior change over the RevUp......

But the same headlights? Wonder if the uprev had led rears?🤔 If that's the case I'm going to find the other half of that Z😂

Yes the first cars that had the revup engine were the limited edition 2005 GT4. They did not have the upgraded facelift headlights or rear lights.  

Once the standard run of rev up started they received the facelift lights and they carried over to the HR engines.  

• Like 2

Just an update:

After drying the condensation, it left water marks inside the lens😭

So I was put in touch with a nice guy who regularly works on Z headlights to bring them back to life. Unfortunately they quoted £300 to open one headlight and clean the waters spots. As this is wayyy out my budget I tackled it myself.

Literally had them split and cleaned in 30mins😁

Resealed with butyl and ceramic coated. Far from perfect! However, it's not a "show car" anymore so I'm more than happy!

Let's hope they're plug and play with my 03 Z.

20230101_160228_copy_966x1289.jpg

20221219_132235_copy_1012x1349.jpg

Just now, Jay zee said:

Just an update:

After drying the condensation, it left water marks inside the lens😭

So I was put in touch with a nice guy who regularly works on Z headlights to bring them back to life. Unfortunately they quoted £300 to open one headlight and clean the waters spots. As this is wayyy out my budget I tackled it myself.

Literally had them split and cleaned in 30mins😁

Resealed with butyl and ceramic coated. Far from perfect! However, it's not a "show car" anymore so I'm more than happy!

Let's hope they're plug and play with my 03 Z.

20230101_160228_copy_966x1289.jpg

20221219_132235_copy_1012x1349.jpg

Also, ordered some new led's to replace the old bulbs 

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Fantastic work and even more £££ saved too. I can highly recommend PPF for the lamps to stop them fading again. 

Thanks Davey, just purchased some on ebay after reading your post so thanks for that😊👍🏼

• Thanks 1

Slowly bringing them to 2023 with some new LED indicator and side light bulbs. Cheap enough. Will hopefully not get the hyper flash but I won't hold my breath😂 They look great though! 

Removing the front bumper tomorrow to fit the new HR's. Can we all please join hands and pray they bloody work😂🙏🏼 

Screenshot_20230106_160629_Gallery_copy_1185x1576.jpg

Screenshot_20230106_160611_Gallery_copy_1263x1680.jpg

Screenshot_20230106_160559_Gallery_copy_1185x1576.jpg

• Like 3