New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

13 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

€85,000 Euros. Lol. Some have said M4 CS or Mustang for the money. Its nice itll be in Europe. Only a few millionaire kids will be able to afford it though. 

Base M4 is over 92k euro, let alone a CS

• Like 1

“Best car with a Nismo badge… in the last decade”

Remind me when the GT-R Nismo came out again?

That being said, R&T are normally solid on their reviews compared to the rest of the US press, so that’s quite a change from the TG one. There’s a couple of contradictions in there, but that doesn’t sound remotely like the same car!

Funny enough the new M2 is using a standard Torque Converter auto and is heavier than the Z but still very quick with power advantage. The 9 speed is not the best but its been tuned. It might be a better Nismo upgrade than the 370Z Nismo upgrade. Time will tell. 

It would be good to get both the Performance and Nismo versions and compare them on the track. Also the Nismo version can be tuned further by Z1 to get more power out of it as well improve the Auto. Confident that a stage 1 remap of say 475 -500hp, 400+ ft lbs and stickier tyres would be a problem for the M2 around the track being lighter by around 60kg. 

Despite the 370Z being a bulky dog it had no issue keeping up with its rivals driver dependant. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ekona said:

“Best car with a Nismo badge… in the last decade”

Remind me when the GT-R Nismo came out again?

GT-R Nismo was introduced in 2014. It was a truly appalling car, as literally (literally, literally. Not figuratively literally) everyone has always said. Including Nissan. And Nismo. And GT-R...

Also introduced within the last decade were:

Juke Nismo

March Nismo

Note Nismo

Sentra Nismo

Others still in production within the last decade (because it doesn't actually stipulate...):

370Z Nismo

Patrol Nismo

Mighty fine cars, every one. It's a mightly high bar. If you exclude the GT-R, obviously.

;)

Edited by ilogikal1
Me English am good.
  • Haha 2

No one moaned when M division, AMG/Brabus and RS put badges on A1, Smart cars, A3 and C classes as well X3. Calling their models S lines, M Sport, AMG line with a million trims.

Seems to be an issue when Japanese automakers do the same. Toyota not so much....Why is that? 

Such bad cars theres hardly any Nismo GTR for sale...Only a few 370 Nismos on autotrader with not many SORN....The harshest critics have never driven any of the aforementioned Nismo cars. Yet seem to hate the most....

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

No one moaned when M division, AMG/Brabus and RS put badges on A1, Smart cars, A3 and C classes as well X3. Calling their models S lines, M Sport, AMG line with a million trims.

Seems to be an issue when Japanese automakers do the same. Toyota not so much....Why is that? 

Such bad cars theres hardly any Nismo GTR for sale...Only a few 370 Nismos on autotrader with not many SORN....The harshest critics have never driven any of the aforementioned Nismo cars. Yet seem to hate the most....

I think you’ll find that many people stole the urine from folks who would say they drive “an Audi S Line” or a “Merc AMG” when really it was a two litre diesel saloon with pretty wheels and rock hard suspension ;) 

Nissan killed the Nismo brand in the same way Vauxhall did with the VXR brand. No idea why that didn’t affect the Germans so much, but probably because underneath the base car was decent regardless. 

With Lotus going all electric and Nissan confirming it will be by 2030 it would be interesting to see what type of engine it will have. Will 400z stand for a normally aspirated 4L V6 or a smaller turbo'd 400bhp engine or even a 400kw electric motor?

1 hour ago, Cosmic73 said:

With Lotus going all electric and Nissan confirming it will be by 2030 it would be interesting to see what type of engine it will have. Will 400z stand for a normally aspirated 4L V6 or a smaller turbo'd 400bhp engine or even a 400kw electric motor?

:doh: You’re 60 pages too late for that debate, it’s been in production for a while now mate 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ShortPaul said:

Must say not for me,a lot of the exsteria mods look tacky that's just my opinion 

Yeah I'm not usually a fan of veilside. But something about that appeals to me. Maybe because the standard car is just too tame lookswise? 

Supposedly that veilside zed will be in the next f&f movie! So guess we'll be seeing much more of it in the future!

32 minutes ago, LRF4N said:

:doh: You’re 60 pages too late for that debate, it’s been in production for a while now mate 

Haha, no way.

I'm new to these cars hence my post. I thought I was being a smart arse.

I'll definitely do a bit more research before posting next time 🙂

14 hours ago, Cosmic73 said:

400Z was just a nickname by US enthusiasts.....I think Z will be end of life by 2030. I doubt theyll bother with a face lift. But the front bumper can be changed in the Japanese market....Also faces steep depreciation as Americans have clocked on they can get better for the money like a Corvette or M2 Many Z enthusiasts are keeping their current Z or buying competition. Some have already sold this new Z. 

Nissan will replace it with a faster electric roadster most likely under a different name possibly made here in UK by 2030. Theres no point using the Z name under EV.....a hybrid maybe...Depends on sales of upcoming 982 Boxster and MGC. If they're successful then theyll bring it forward. Apparently the weight is still an issue for Nissan. Theres a new market for EV roadsters just not at what they want to sell them for unfortunately. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

• 2 weeks later...

This thing gobbles rims for breakfast, this looks immense. Suspension, wheels relax 👌what's even more peculiar is I don't think a multi spoke wheel works on the 350z or 370z however on this WOW!! 

Screenshot_20231009-1949382.png.77c6aaed90bead7dd4021d049f80e4d0.png

Screenshot_20231009-1949472.png.c0835baa44e4e7d1f4ffb3b736475af7.png

Screenshot_20231009-1949552.png.c9eb8368383e8a1d6d364994d60cc8a3.png

• Like 4