New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

Watching this now, great in this colour I thought. What did you think of the review? 

I think the 35 profile rears weren't a wise choice given the OE ride height as gives too much arch gap.

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Watching this now, great in this colour I thought. What did you think of the review? 

I think the 35 profile rears weren't a wise choice given the OE ride height as gives too much arch gap.

Its the same profiles as previous Nismo i think. 35 rear 40 front. The gap is something BMW have mastered. Obviously people still lower the M2s further. It comes low from factory. Youll most likely change the oem tires if theyre Bridgestones anyway or dunlops. Id go with 40 rears and 40 in front. Maybe 10 up for width as well. 285/295 19 40 rear. Depends

Apparently the suspension settings are soft from factory. So spring swap should sort it. 

• Like 1

Cars are starting to flow in to USA although slowly. Seems like markups have reduced. About 171 cars for sale on US Autotrader site. A lot around 54,000 dollars which is £43,000 for Performance models. Maybe they havent added the markup and thats just to invite people to enquire. I did see a white Performance model with blue interior for 54k in Virginia. Very nice. 

Base models are around £33,000 before add ons. The ones in Japan still have huge markups 

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, DoogyRev said:

$80K for the Nismo in Canada, that's going to put it firmly in Mustang Dark Horse territory that comes with more HP and a Manual option.

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/09/2024-nissan-z-nismo-prices-leaked-starts-at-65k-in-the-us-ca79k-in-canada/

Wow 80,000 CAD. Shocking stuff. 65k in US is crazy when the performance is 50k without markup. I wonder what the differences are between the performance and Nismo, aside from horsepower and an AMG esq gearbox 

Torque Converter M2 for me is tempting id give a go then trade it after 6 months. Then be looking at the older V8 Jags SVR for slightly less as theyve flatlined a bit depreciation wise. Or new shape Mustang V8 to keep as the m2 would be less dramatic being turbo i6 and 460hp but much heavier than previous gen 25kg shy of gtr weight. The jag is 500 ft lbs 575hp, AWD and got that noise..its weight is a limiting factor to making it a Supercar imo

During covid GTR MY 17 facelift was starting from 57k they're now 65k up to 100k.... So id stick to the V8. Prices are compressed a bit for GTR as less ppl are buying. Maintenance is off putting. I asked a mate about GTR he said hell no....Lol...V8 itch to scratch i think. 

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/09/2024-nissan-z-nismo-cant-match-toyota-supra-in-epa-consumption-figures/

That's just as bad as my V8 😂

The specs say mine is 18mpg combined, but I am averaging 19.5 ... although I don't drive it likeI stole it everywhere, I don't hang about 😂

Edited by DoogyRev

50 minutes ago, DoogyRev said:

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/09/2024-nissan-z-nismo-cant-match-toyota-supra-in-epa-consumption-figures/

That's just as bad as my V8 😂

The specs say mine is 18mpg combined, but I am averaging 19.5 ... although I don't drive it likeI stole it everywhere, I don't hang about 😂

American gallon is less than UK gallon i think. UK gallon is 4.5 L and US is 3.78 L

Over here would probably be 22mpg?!

Ouch, that’s a killer of a review. I know I’m not a fan of the looks so take whatever I say about it with a pinch of salt, but there is nothing desirable about that car at all. Hell, the M2 is significantly uglier in every aspect but at least BMW nailed the driving part of it. 

And it’s cheaper. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Ouch, that’s a killer of a review. I know I’m not a fan of the looks so take whatever I say about it with a pinch of salt, but there is nothing desirable about that car at all. Hell, the M2 is significantly uglier in every aspect but at least BMW nailed the driving part of it. 

And it’s cheaper. 

Are you sure you didn't write that review? Lol