On 27/12/2022 at 12:54, ShortPaul said:

So is that what Nissan have come with?

turned out to be close

On 25/12/2022 at 17:35, GranTurismoEra said:

Ermm

hk8pcffwue0fznjqeqnw.jpeg

kcmzb7f92uumhpyptjr1.jpeg

kilfzhtmd8kcugntqiif.jpeg

Render was close enough. Now lets see if the specs will be competitive with the proposed final edition Supra and BMW M4 comp. Doubt it though

9 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

I saw a comment but didnt want to jump the gun! I guess Nissan are now chasing numbers. Plus recalls for 2nd gear grind/halt production wont affect the Nismo version. One of the reasons for mass delays. 

Since its the last ICE Z might as well go all out and give it the rumoured 475 hp. Since they wont do all wheel drive it will have to sport bigger wheels. Skidpan Z 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Lol that gearbox handles up to 500hp as proven by Abbey, Kaizer and co. Lool. I guess they know something we dont. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

There is more Torque with Twin Turbo. Im sure the top supercharged Z had around 400 ft lbs or slightly less. Im assuming Nissan want over 400 ft lbs that might be why

Its not a DCT and will need programming as there were some shift lag on press cars

Americans are pi ssed off but hey Nissan never had intention of making the Z a supercar. Im probably one of the few that saw some potential to emulate their race car and further develop a supercar esq version with AWD. The GTR seems to be the reason the Z never went further. 

Youre not even getting an All Wheel Drive Version like the M4 comp or TTRS which would put the car in top performing territory and justify 60k. Youre basically getting a project car with red pin stripe from Tochigi. Lol

10 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Lol that gearbox handles up to 500hp as proven by Abbey, Kaizer and co. Lool. I guess they know something we dont. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

There is more Torque with Twin Turbo. Im sure the top supercharged Z had around 400 ft lbs or slightly less. Im assuming Nissan want over 400 ft lbs that might be why

Its not a DCT and will need programming as there were some shift lag on press cars

Americans are pi ssed off but hey Nissan never had intention of making the Z a supercar. Im probably one of the few that saw some potential to emulate their race car and further develop a supercar esq version with AWD. The GTR seems to be the reason the Z never went further. 

Youre not even getting an All Wheel Drive Version like the M4 comp or TTRS which would put the car in top performing territory and justify 60k. Youre basically getting a project car with red pin stripe from Tochigi. Lol

Is that not what Nismos of late have been anyway? It’s a trim level, not an M/RS/AMG competitor. 

35 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Is that not what Nismos of late have been anyway? It’s a trim level, not an M/RS/AMG competitor. 

Yep In Japan they had the Leaf Nismo and In US Nismo SUVs. Some other models for their market

210817-01_007.jpg

Edited by GranTurismoEra

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

I saw this yesterday. I do think he has done a good job of reviewing it. It is a lovely looking car imho.

Same. I think I'm the flesh it's a smart looking car. The measure I use is does the base model car (the one featured) look just a little bit good? Say for example a mitsubishi lancer saloon is an awful looking car, but the Evo looks wonderful. The new Z with the right kit plus the EU model would have a no. plate up front to break up the grille, wheels, spoiler and ride height would look immense imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Same. I think I'm the flesh it's a smart looking car. The measure I use is does the base model car (the one featured) look just a little bit good? Say for example a mitsubishi lancer saloon is an awful looking car, but the Evo looks wonderful. The new Z with the right kit plus the EU model would have a no. plate up front to break up the grille, wheels, spoiler and ride height would look immense imo.

I know what you mean. Just a pity it won't be on sale here...

The manual had issues at launch hence the recalls and stop sale in US and Japan. So they didnt want to take the risk again with 384 ft lbs even though people have used the gearbox to over 400 ft lbs. For them to sort the manual out would cost money. Theyre only sorting the standard car via recalls. 

Auto is minimum money spent fixing manual gearbox. Also its competitive at the drag strip. Can always buy the body kit for the standard manual car lol. 20hp is nothing to lose sleep over. 

Seeing as Nissan didn't change the car from the concept I don't think they care anymore. Their focus now is Electric going forward. As far as they're concerned theyve appeased fan hype. New Z, New Nismo take it or leave it. 

I’ll say it here once, even though it’s obvious really: if you buy a Zed for the dragstrip, you’re an idiot. Even more so in ‘Merica, where there’s a billion better options. 

But yes you’re right, this is down to money. Which is what the 400 always has been, a finance exercise rather than an engineering one. It’s always felt like a parts bin special rather than anything interesting or new. 

Just remember the excitement of 2002 when we all saw the 350 for the first time, it was genuinely something incredible. I could forgive the 370 being mostly the same car given the success of the 350, but to do the same again but seemingly with significantly less thought it unforgivable. 

What you dont realize is the Z is easily moddable...A remap puts it at near 500hp...add a downpipe/exhaust/injectors/fueling hardware its near 600hp...A 560hp Zed already ran 10.47 seconds and under 11 along with its cousin Q60... Sure we dog on USA but I respect the fact they push more boundaries than the UK can ever dream of....They never give up and are not scared to blow things up to reach goals...If it's about the dated gearbox...BMW Torque Converter Auto M2 already smoked its rivals without a DCT being 200kg heavier than previous

Stock is 12.3 -

• Stock 0-60mph: 4.0s (as tested by Hagerty)
  • AMS 0-60mph: 2.59s
  • Stock 1/4: 12.3 @ 116 MPH (as tested by Hagerty)
  • AMS 1/4: 10.47 @ 129 MPH
  • Stock: 373 WHP / 373 TQ
  • AMS: 525 WHP / 581 TQ

Ill always love Zed and the opportunity its given to the masses to enter the performance car arena. Many have gone on to buy more sports cars (Lotus, Alfa etc) or GT and Supercars and the like.

Nothing lasts forever and maybe the Z lineage has run its course. The Z is made primarily for USA....Sure they might resurrect Zed in a different format in 10 years time worldwide. At that point it will be tumbleweed judging by the response to non ICE vehicles on here. A different crowd and some youngsters will be the new fanboys. Telling their parents 350Z belongs in the Museum. The new coupe from Sunderland/Tochigi out performs it in every metric. Which its likely to. 

2 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

A different crowd and some youngsters will be the new fanboys. Telling their parents 350Z belongs in the Museum. 

You are partially correct..... I have seen 5 on the road now, 3 had 'N' badges (New driver) but its not fanboys, its fangirls since all were driven by females 😂

So why not offer both, like the GR86 and GT3? Give the choice, see who actually buys one rather than who answers a twitter survey. 

Hell, charge more and make it a cost option! But no, that would be too easy. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ekona said:

but 20hp and auto only?

Dan, it's like you didn't even read the article.

It's not just 20hp.

It's a "noteworthy" 20hp!

I bet you feel silly now.

Edited by ilogikal1
Me English am good. Now.
  • Haha 1