About time I did this....

Apologies for not doing it sooner!

So the reason for joining is actually my son's recent purchase. 

He's 20 and its his second car....and as a lifelong petrolhead I'm very jealous, although its fun to share a passion!

Originally he was considering a BMW 1 series coupe, then he discovered that he could get insured on his dream car (z) so there was no looking back.

After a 2 month search we found his car - 2008, 55k, GT with Rays plus a Cobra exhaust, 3 owners last of which had it for 7 years. It had a few cosmetic issues that needed addressing but full service history backed up with lots of invoices, it seems a good example. 

So having sorted out the scratched interior plastics, rear strut brace, a few dents and dings, we are now doing some very mild modding to make it exactly how he wants it - badges, wheels, aerial etc.

Thanks for all the information on here - I'm sure we'll be regular visitors!

Went out for our first drive together yesterday (I'm from the dark side, but we don't talk about that...!):

IMG_8098.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks all!

He actually let me drive it tonight for the first time!! 

And I agree, its a cracking car. Definitely feels heavier, and the gearchange is slower, than the Boxster. But it certainly goes, and feels really solid.

I have to admit that the highlight of yesterday was coming through the Butetown tunnels in Cardiff Bay - my God, what a noise!! 

• Like 2

welcome to the forum. Get your son to sign up here too. Good cars. Yes the boxster and cayman will always be the lighter, sportier cars. The 350Z is a true Grand Tourer. I guess that crossover of sports GT is important to have. Useable everyday and not too hardcore. 

Good to have a common interest for sure!

• Like 1