New arrival *update!*

Ekona

Fine, I'll be the one to say it then. Dan, you're a f***ing disappointment to us all!!!

What were you thinking, becoming a responsible adult and stuff?!

I mean, congratulations and all that. Traitor.

:p

• Haha 5

I was looking through some old photos yesterday and came across one when  (warning - please scroll past to another post now if you are a bit squeemish....)  my youngest did a massive dump whilst strapped into his car seat. Now as you will soon have the delight of experiencing,  babies poos are very often just like liquid chicken korma with various weird "bits" in. Due to having saved this up for a day, there was plenty of it and being strapped in his car seat meant it couldn't really force its way into the nappy...

.... so out of the top of the back of the nappy it came, up under the back of his t-shirt and right up to his neck where it started coming out of the neck of his t-shirt. :scare:

It was one of those rare moments where you stop everything, stand there in disbelief and genuinely think "how the f**k am I going to clean that up". Especially when you are in a car park somewhere in the middle of no where. Its then you realise that baby grows can be pulled down over their shoulders, rather than how you normally would pull them over their heads, and the "mop up" operation can begin. You also soon realise you should always pack industrial amounts of baby wipes in your car, spare clothing - not just for the baby, but for you also, as well as plenty of plastic carrier bags & an old towel or two.

Oh I am actually chuckling now thinking you have these delightful special "moments" to experience! :lol: :lol: :lol: 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, rabbitstew said:

Oh I am actually chuckling now thinking you have these delightful special "moments" to experience! :lol: :lol: :lol: 

One of the best things of been a parent, you can openly discuss poos in public to anyone you like!!

First row seats on a flight to spain, landing started, daughter sitting on my lap making cute smiles at the cabin staff, 10 seconds later I feel something warm on my leg, and a nice brown slug starts appearing around lap....oh how quickly the expression on the cabin staff change :lol:.

Last weekend 6hrs in the car after going to West Midlands Safari park, all I can say is good thing my wife packed a travel potty and non leak bag!!!

Forget fancy buggies/toys etc baby wipes, nappy sacks, some hand cleaning gel are basically your essential travel items every where for the next 3-4 years.

30 seconds after taking a poo my daughter decided her feet were too hot, so what better way to cool your feet....I keep ALOT of baby wipes in the car :).

48153056481_77b6f6f417_z_d.jpg

Edited by gangzoom
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gangzoom said:

One of the best things of been a parent, you can openly discuss poos in public to anyone you like!!

Not to mention baby sick. Oh the smell of that. With our eldest lad it used to be pretty much 50/50 as to if he would chuck his entire guts up after he downed a bottle of milk and you were winding him. Needless to say this would nearly always be all over you, the sofa, the floor, the car seat, the harder to clean place the better....

• Haha 1

On 02/07/2019 at 09:55, The G Man said:

you will be poorer, but richer :teeth:

Just been going through the outgoing for the last 2 months trying to budget for the next 6 months, must have missed the recent nursery fee increase......

The poorer bit is 100% true!!! I think a GTR would be cheaper to maintain and by some margin.

48210086671_1ae93f4a97_z_d.jpg

Edited by gangzoom
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 06/07/2019 at 06:47, gangzoom said:

Just been going through the outgoing for the last 2 months trying to budget for the next 6 months, must have missed the recent nursery fee increase......

The poorer bit is 100% true!!! I think a GTR would be cheaper to maintain and by some margin.

48210086671_1ae93f4a97_z_d.jpg

Nursery fees are a killer. Its like a 2nd mortgage each month. Thats excluding school trips & events etc.

Subscribe to Cocomelon on YouTube. Sometimes it’s the only way we can get her to settle down :lol:

i now know the words to loads loads of nursery rhymes. No more iPod in the car - just baby shark :lol:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ekona said:

Sod that. Metallica and Slipknot should relax her, better than the crap urban dross the baby momma listens to! :lol: 

Oh you have so much to look forwards to!! Your first lesson is soon what you or the mum wants is irrelevant compared to what your daughter dictates :).

Been a dad has been the best thing that's happened to me though, congrats and keep an eye on the time, it really does fly!!!

Congrats man, we took delivery of Isabella on 27/04 and its all good so far.
Dont believe the people who tell you its amazing and wonderful from day 1, they dont do much to start with but its getting much better now shes smiling and making cute noises.

Probably advise you not to describe your daughter as a "potato in a blanket" to her mother either, that dodnt go down do well ;)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Good luck dude, get her in early and you can be in the pub with the lads by 5 :D

Bella has just turned 6 months and couldnt be further from the potato in a blanket she was, shes getting more interesting and more personality all of the time. 
Looking forward to starting to speak, being able to move under her own power maybe not so much :lol:

• Like 1

Both of mine were induced, fingers crossed yours will go smoothly, but prepare yourself that it may not go to plan. In both cases the induction caused issues and we were rushed at high speed into the operating theatre where I had to dress up as an extra from Holby City and watch the panic ensue as they had to get the baby out ASAP. They don't mess about and its quite horrifying to experience. So lots of good luck there if you are going to be there for the birth. Easily 2 of the most stressful situations i've been in and I really wished they had pre-warned me of what to expect during & after.

36 minutes ago, docwra said:

being able to move under her own power maybe not so much :lol:

That's certainly a big moment, when you realise how un-babyfriendly your house is and have to start baby proofing it. Its amazing how fast they can move too. My youngest was walking at 6 months, but the eldest decided the best way to move about was to drag himself along like a wounded soldier until about 10 or 12 months.

Still at that stage Peppa Pig is your best friend. They will happily sit there as still as a statue for hours if that's on the telly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rabbitstew said:

That's certainly a big moment, when you realise how un-babyfriendly your house is and have to start baby proofing it. Its amazing how fast they can move too.

We are pretty OK on both counts due to these twats::

mo9OOic5Mmek7B514Z6oyDOXSMKYCXYUi5E3aJv5

They move a lot more quickly than any child, are taller, far more inquisitive and also brighter, we now have 5 different types of child locks in the house as they figure them out eventually. 

On the plus side we were already ready for the noise, for the having to get up every 90 seconds, for having stairgates all round the house, not leaving anything lying around and the responsibility of being a parent so have both been chilled throughout, problem is that she will grow out of it but these two wont :lol:

Edited by docwra

On 02/07/2019 at 10:47, Ekona said:

Already planning to chop the ‘5 in for a nice E90 330/325, so still a vaguely decent car! :lol: 

Cheers chaps, much appreciated :) It’s going to be an interesting time as I’m not with the mother any more, but I’m still planning on being the best dad I can be even if it wasn’t planned in the slightest. 

Wasnt planned ?

Did you actually make a bad choice of rubber dan :lol:

Congratulations mate 

• Haha 4

Hope it all goes well, most stress few hours of my life so far. Naively I thought I would be OK to work a long shift the next day.......Work colleagues to this day still remind me how stupid I was to say I would be work 9am the next day, really does change your priorities in life :).