views required please

bigphil

A many of you probably know from looking at our temporary website and from visiting ESR we currently sell carefully sourced modern classic cars.

We are looking to expand on the car sales primarily with the 350Z.

We are aware there are plenty of importers/dealers around the country but not many who have the sort of knowledge we have strived to achieve.

The basic question we would like to ask is, would knowing the car is being supplied by someone such as ESR and having undergone being checked through with a fine toothcomb and (hopefully) our good reputation behind it, prove to be of any value when selecting the right 350Z.

There would aslo be the opportunity to have upgrades carried out prior to delivery at preferential rates.

Your views would be appreciated :thumbs:

If this is in the wrong section mods feel free to move it.

I certainly would put a lot of weight knowing it came from you and had a good check over before being sold. The only slight problem I can see is that I didnt know who you were til I came on here, so I can see you struggling to grab the usual 350z punters who rock up to the Nissan dealership. Still theres plenty of people that come on here shopping for a Zed so I dont think you'll struggle for business. :thumbs:

I think its a great idea phil!!

I would much rather pay that little extra (which you should be able to achieve) and buy the car from a fellow enthusiast like yourself and know if i get any problems they'd be sorted ASAP!!

I suppose the only small problem is that the majority of people only find your good self after purchasing a Z like myself but theres plenty out there such as friends of mine that that would come via you if wanting a Z!!

Maybe another field you could look at is like a importer but in this country (or even abroad) by sourcing cars for people!! That way someone could phone you with what their after and you could help source the vehicle then there know they would be getting a great example of such car with the peace of mind that you would help sort any problems!!

Anyways just my views :thumbs:

Moved it to traders phil :thumbs:

I think it can only be a good thing, after all you have a good name on here and so have everything to gain but you could also have everything to lose if things went wrong and i dont think you would let that happen.

For me if i was buying a zed of you with your name behind it would carry's alot of weight especially with your experience and knowledge of the car. :thumbs:

A many of you probably know from looking at our temporary website and from visiting ESR we currently sell carefully sourced modern classic cars.

We are looking to expand on the car sales primarily with the 350Z.

We are aware there are plenty of importers/dealers around the country but not many who have the sort of knowledge we have strived to achieve.

The basic question we would like to ask is, would knowing the car is being supplied by someone such as ESR and having undergone being checked through with a fine toothcomb and (hopefully) our good reputation behind it, prove to be of any value when selecting the right 350Z.

There would aslo be the opportunity to have upgrades carried out prior to delivery at preferential rates.

Your views would be appreciated :thumbs:

If this is in the wrong section mods feel free to move it.

Without a shadow of a doubt :thumbs: Someone with your knowledge, prices, customer service and reputation make for the perfect person/dealer to purchase not only mods but a car from :)

The only downside as far as I am concerned is that you are so far away from Surrey!

I bought both my ZEDs (one s/h one new) from a local trader who I have known for 40+ years and is highly trusted and has an excellent workshop. But he does not specialize in ZEDS so when it comes to aftersales work and spares I have to go elsewhere. The fact you have built up a really good customer focused service for ZED owners seems to me a great base on which to expand your car sales side.

I am unlikely to buy into a modded ZED at my age now, but from what I have seen and heard would have no hesitation in suggesting to any wannabes to check out what ESR has to offer :thumbs:

Yes. If the car was being sold by a company such as yours, it would give me a much increased level of confidence in the vehicle without a doubt.

With the experience you have, combined with your reputaion on forums such as this and others, I doubt this would be anything other than positive for your business. :thumbs:

Yes I totally agree. As mentioned before the only problem is that we know your reputation through already having a Z. From my own point of view though I would definitely rather buy of someone like you.

I know I'm only new around here, but I guess that's good as I hit a certain demographic.

From what I've already read, I'd definately be interested in dealing with you as I can see you have great pride in your work and reputation and that you'd never sell anything which you haven't given your 'stamp of approval'

The real question is - when can I get a zed off you :lol:

I think it would be a good thing if a company such as yours sold the 350z.

That said its surprising the amount of people (outside of the forum) that would not who you are and although we all know you are a top company its always hard to convey this to the 'random' punter.

Phil,

Think it is all about knowing your market.

What I mean is people paying top dollar are willing to pay that much more for the better service and reputation of the company. They know that you will get looked after since the company have a lot more to lose if you are not looked after.

How that fits in with cars sales are:

If you are selling sub £10-15k cars then no one will pay and extra £2-3k just because its you.

If the car is closer to £20-25k then yes I would pay more to deal with the right company. But then can you be better than the dealer. I say yes as you are getting sorted car and you pay extra, a dealer you are just getting high price but still could end up with a lemon, the dealer is just going to fall back onto the warrenty to ensure they do not have a cost to them.

If you can take a £10-15k car and customise to order, taking the price back up to the £20k mark then yes again you will make the extra £2-3k

Absolutely yes, Phil. As your reputation is such a large contributory to the success of your business, anyone buying a car from you knows that you are pushing to live up to that same rep, not just some other car salesman who is happy to get the cash and see the back of you.

The fact that you can offer everything in ongoing maintenance at sub-dealer prices and also have such a range of good and knowledge in the bolt-ons is a real plus. A one-stop shop with reasonable prices is all most people want.

Go for it! I`ll be the first to trade in for a 400Z in 2-4 years time ;)

Great Idea Phil, also gives potential buyers the chance to Mod up before it leaves your place or if you get in an already modded car and the buyer wants something more standard or different you can swap it, and we would have access to some 2nd hand bits!!

Would prefer to buy off you than a nissan dealer deffo.

Think you would need a southern outlet too!!

Phil,

Think it is all about knowing your market.

What I mean is people paying top dollar are willing to pay that much more for the better service and reputation of the company. They know that you will get looked after since the company have a lot more to lose if you are not looked after.

How that fits in with cars sales are:

If you are selling sub £10-15k cars then no one will pay and extra £2-3k just because its you.

If the car is closer to £20-25k then yes I would pay more to deal with the right company. But then can you be better than the dealer. I say yes as you are getting sorted car and you pay extra, a dealer you are just getting high price but still could end up with a lemon, the dealer is just going to fall back onto the warrenty to ensure they do not have a cost to them.

If you can take a £10-15k car and customise to order, taking the price back up to the £20k mark then yes again you will make the extra £2-3k

I wouldn't pay 2-3k more no matter where I was getting it. Don't think that was Phil's intention?

Thanks for the comments so far guys, keep them comming.

We have no intention of trying to achieve a premium based on reputation, quite the opposite in fact.

We have spent some time over the past months looking at what the dealers and traders buy the cars at, we have even looked at cars at other locations on behalf of members on both forums and have been shocked by our findings.

Our basic principle is to provide a service to both seller and buyer, this should ensure both achieve a fair deal. At the moment the margin between purchase and sale is very significant and in our position unnecessary. We are looking to build a loyal customer base in terms of ongoing servicing and modification work, the profit margin on the car sale becomes less intrusive in this way.

We have studied closely the cars 350Z buyers are moving from and these will be our main target area.

We would hope to link prospective buyers who have no knowledge of us to investigate our reputation via the forum thus also generating a natural increase in the membership community.

this is a great idea, there are lots of folk who come on this site and im sure the other before they have even looked at buying cars, so to come here and see phils name in flashing lights would probably make phils the first post of call, i would love to be able to buy a car from a recomended dealer and to be able to also get it serviced there at a decent price from experiance mechanics would be a dream come true, then you got the whole parts supllier thing going on....OMG you cant loose mate go for it :thumbs:

Paul

I agree with a lot of what has been said Phil. To a certain extent you are plugging a gap that supplies enthusiasts their cars AND can do the after sales mods and care. Go for it if you think you can make it work. :thumbs:

(But you do need that southern outlet! :teeth:;) )

I was not saying Phil is in it for a fast buck.

My view point only comes from a business perspective and a business only runs on its bottom line, not its reputation. But the reputation massively effects the bottom line.

I am suggesting that Phil given his great service would make a premium compare to a back-street trader and could gain similar margin that a Nissan dealer would want, yet he would still provide a better service than a Nissan Dealer.

By the way a Nissan dealer is easily make 2-3k out of everyone that is buying a £20k motor whether we like it or not. 10% margin is not a lot really.

If Nissan had the reputation or public perception of Porsche then I think they could make another £10-20k profit on the GTR, but they dont so cannot.

If the GTR had that Porsche badge on the front but still the same performance then they would sell 1000's of them at over £70k.

I bought my car from Arnold Clarke and was not happy with it as I don't trust them and their mechanics, but I desperatley neded a zed. Before I could be satisfied that the car was in good working order I had to take it to tdi north for a service and get their seal of approval. As it happens, Arnold CLarke had claimed to service and MOT the car, but the air filter was black and the oil was like glue :dry:

I'm driving a good 130 miles for a service with you guys at ESR purely because I know you're enthusiastic about the zed and not just screwing as much money as you can, and therefore you will do the best job possible. Plus your aftersales service is excellent. If I come to change cars I would buy one from you guys. I'm sure people would travel far to buy a car knowing you'd given it the :thumbs:

Phil 100% YES!

If/When i start to look for a 350z again and you are doing this, i can put my hand on my heart and say i will be coming to you to source one for me as from what Jay has said and from the feedback i have seen on this forum, you are one company i can trust fully!

So on that note, please do it and if you want to use me as a pawn and give me 50% off, ill gladly step ip ;)