And the next car is...VXT

coldel

1 minute ago, Lee370Z said:

I think that looks awesome! B)

I bet you are well chuffed for sure. :thumbs:

Hugely chuffed, I wondered if I was doing the right thing sinking a fair few quid into the interior but it makes the whole car feel different. Even the replaced padding makes a huge difference. I am considering getting a little mat that I can take out the car, wipe my feet on it, before climbing in :lol:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, coldel said:

Hugely chuffed, I wondered if I was doing the right thing sinking a fair few quid into the interior but it makes the whole car feel different. Even the replaced padding makes a huge difference. I am considering getting a little mat that I can take out the car, wipe my feet on it, before climbing in :lol:

Maybe keep some slippers in the car, then just take off your shoes when you get in:teeth:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SuperStu said:

Love the seats mate.

Getting some grief (in a humoured way) off some VX owners, apparently the blue and biscuit combo is a favourite of some. Me, I think beige belongs back in the 70s with corduroy trousers :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coldel said:

Getting some grief (in a humoured way) off some VX owners, apparently the blue and biscuit combo is a favourite of some. Me, I think beige belongs back in the 70s with corduroy trousers :lol:

Just tell them it doesn’t matter what colour your seats are, you drive a Vauxhall ;)

• 1 month later...

Popped over to Wheels in Motion today to get the alignment done, just for peace of mind really. Anyway guy said it was set up, but for hard track use rather than everyday fast road driving! So have had it put back to a more road compliant format. All set for the trip on Monday for the photoshoot...in the rain :dry:

• Like 3

It was wet. And cold. And windy! But they managed to sneak in pics and a test drive of all the cars! Magazine comes out in January :thumbs: they will also send over hi res photos of my car once the mag comes out which will be great to have.

FEFE3E71-07FF-4DAB-9074-AE2B773C5DA7.jpeg.f5e27f3f5cc0343ec3d608de628b8572.jpeg

Edited by coldel
  • Like 4

It was an eight car shoot out, there was one of every different type from a Saab engined conversion (which broke down!) to a VXR to a supercharger conversion to a stripped out track car. Mine was the most standard one there aside from the almost standard NA so not expecting to win the 'shoot out' although the journo did say he loved the sounds coming from mine so maybe I am the aural winner :lol:

To be fair, the stripped out track car was the only one with the upgraded T7 heater, we were all sitting in it for a few minutes each to warm up :lol: To paraphrase Blackadder, the heater in my car blows at the speed as an asthmatic ant carrying some heavy shopping.

• 2 weeks later...