BMW with no dipstick?

HEADPHONES

Its @*!#, I had to replace my level sensor (its also the temp sensor) and the level bit isnt working, so I dont know how much is in the car. Even when its working it doesnt give a reading until warm. 

To replace sensor again you either have to run vacuum through the whole block or replace the oil. Again. 

1 hour ago, docwra said:

Even when its working it doesnt give a reading until warm. 

Thats one thing which does annoy me about my 911. You have to warm the car up before it then tells you theres hardly any oil in it.  To be fair though, it uses hardly any oil, so I do only check it every now & then - usually when im stuck in traffic! :lol:

7 minutes ago, rabbitstew said:

Thats one thing which does annoy me about my 911. You have to warm the car up before it then tells you theres hardly any oil in it.  To be fair though, it uses hardly any oil, so I do only check it every now & then - usually when im stuck in traffic! :lol:

Me too but I think mine works slightly differently from the Turbo in that it has to be warmed up but then switched off, left to rest, and then measured at idle - even more inconvenient !

• 3 weeks later...