photobucket p500

valy

If anyone is trying to follow a guide or some other important activity which requires the use of these "missing" images, if you right click on the dummy PB images and select "Open image in new tab/window" you can still view the actual image.

I pay $2.99 a month for the upgrade on photo bucket :thumbs:

Mark, as I understand it that's just for increased storage space, if you want to post on 3rd party sites sucha s ours the charge is apparently $399 per annum according to other sources.

Don't know how photobucket will carry on now. Nobody is going to use them. Unless they are reinventing themselves for some totally different purpose, I don't understand how this is a good business decision. I find it hard to believe that a lawyer couldn't argue that the damage they have done to existing internet content amounts to destruction of people's intellectual property (though I'm sure there is some fine print that is supposed to protect them, but we all know the fine print means nothing unless the judge agrees that it's appropriate, reasonable and consummate with the service provided). Not to mention they must be without a conscience. Several professional reviews of products for which I was paid thousands of dollars (total, not each!) are now ruined and I have no obligation to repair them for the people who I wrote them for (it was their decision to keep my photobucket links and not download for their own hosting) nor do I have the originals for most of those now.

Even if not criminal, it's criminally stupid, cos I now hate them with an absolute passion for essentially ruining half the 'free hosted' internet. DIY guides are ruined, picture threads on every forum, it beggars belief.

Sorry if this has all been said earlier, I didn't have time to read the thread entirely right now, I'll do so later.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2017 at 8:45 PM, Flex said:

wtf is PFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

It was on the facebook thread, SOMEONE, not sure who, but they were called Dan, started a whole thread on it. 

But what s a Broflake?!?

Edited by Jay84

44 minutes ago, Jay84 said:

It was on the facebook thread, SOMEONE, not sure who, but they were called Dan, started a whole thread on it. 

But what s a Broflake?!?

Either of these.

IMG_0073.PNG

• Like 2

Been getting the email messages from PB for a few months now about the a/c being restricted that just goes to trash. 

Even though it means some lost images from some 3 years when I swapped from pc  to apple (when I had not backed them up as I do on icloud now), there is no way I am going to take up their ransom demand.

1 hour ago, coldel said:

My images still seem active and fine, although havent actually logged in since the P500 business started up - maybe it initiates this when you log in?

From what I have seen on here you might get the image you see in post No.2 on this thread, instead of your pics - that is if PB have deemed you have used up your free allowance if such a thing still exists.

They have millions of accounts, it will take time to get round to everyone especially once word got out at everyone started hammering their servers to download pics.

Col, how many images do you have in your account roughly?