No just no!

nissanman312

Whaaaat!!!! no new Z car? It's definitely overdue, I was looking forward to a front end dressed up like Christmas with a tonne of LED day light, night lights, mood lights beaming out of it and that irritating "Fog light on when turning" thing. Maybe even that garbage fart sound built into the auto gear changes that Audi's have.

Guess I'll have to wait. Unless of course they do something different which is exactly what the new Z car deserves.

Point is, it's pointless. To remain relevant the Z needs a major refresh. I love 'em, but if Nissan don't update it properly (new engine, new tech etc.) the already relatively small customer base will wander off and but something different. I know I will.

Point is, it's pointless. To remain relevant the Z needs a major refresh. I love 'em, but if Nissan don't update it properly (new engine, new tech etc.) the already relatively small customer base will wander off and but something different. I know I will.

It's in the pipeline. Just gotta be patient til 2019...

Doubt I'll wait that long. But it will be good to see a new Z if it materialises.

I think it will! most likely with that 300 bhp infinity engine.

There was a video yesterday from ecutek of a tunned one that was very quick. so lets hope so

Won't happen. The market simply isn't there for a Zed-type car any more, at least not one that most on here would want/expect from a Zed.

If it comes, it'll be a £40K car. That's the same price as a TTS, or a 718 Cayman, or a BMW 240 with a handful of options. Not a chance in hell a new Zed would be a better drive overall than any of those (although it'll have a more interesting engine than the 718 I suspect), and you just know that the interior will once again be lacking in comparison. I'm not saying that some people on here wouldn't still pick a new Zed over those cars, but the vast majority of the public would not do the same which is why we're not seeing a bunch of 370 Nismos on the roads. The business case HAS to come first, and either they bust the bank trying to tempt customers away and hope to make the money on servicing (unlikely) or they do something completely different and you end up with a BRZ86 competitor with a blown four-pot and a CVT.

• Like 2

Worth keeping an eye on what Toyota turn out with the new Supra as well

new supra will be in the region of 50k easy and like the NSX it wont sell as everyone looking for a car in the relevant price brackets will turn to a premium german brand, GT86/brz has been aweful sales wise expect the new supra to be that last shot at toyota sports cars if it flops in sales which it will dont expect anything more from toyota imo.

I suspect the Supra will be even more than that tbh. The BMW version will slot in between i8 and Z5, so between £60k and £100K which for argument sake gives you £70K. The Toyota will of course be less, so a nice round £10K discount should put some distance and tempt buyers. That'd be my best guess at this point, it'd be nice if it was less than that but I have my doubts.