If you had the money...

-G-

Been considering what I'd purchase for the nominal sum of £150,000 for a while now - toyed between multiple cars, a single car, a fleet and still can't decide what it is I'd plump for.

My criteria is simple enough. High performance, rare, more likely to appreciate than depreciate and of course, road legal.

This is asking what YOU would buy, so there are no wrong answers. The cars I've considered are R34 GT-R, Nismo R35, NSX Type R, Porsche 911 GT3 RS or something even more exotic, say a Lamborghini or Ferrari.

a 1967 shelby mustang gt500 would be my number 1 but i'm pretty sure i'd need more than 150k for one of them these days.

r34 gtr r35 gtr on the list too, mk2 golf gti 16v 3 door in oak green too. lotus carlton also. and a datsun 240z

• Like 1

That's a difficult one as I'd want something I could drive everyday without drawing attention to myself and it wouldn't depreciate by driving it.

I also assume upkeep isn't an issue but if you wanted a look at me ... how about a Noble M600?

Just did a google and you'd struggle at that budget

Edit: just trying to think outside the box like TT. Need something out the norm.

Edited by Fodder

That's a difficult one as I'd want something I could drive everyday without drawing attention to myself and it wouldn't depreciate by driving it.

As per the OP, I believe you're allowed, so why not go for multiple cars?

I love the Esprit V8. I remember having a vivid screen saver with a beautiful one. I think it was a still from Nedd For Speed 2 and I just fell in love with it. I saw and heard a couple too.

Do love them.

Saw a black one drive past last year - got excited and pointed it out to the guys I was with, but they didn't even bat an eyelid... :(

Edited by Strudul

A 458 would be bottom of the market at that price, plus I'd want the Spider. So no Fezza.

A 991 Turbo would be staggering performance, but 4WD? No thanks. So no Gallardo or R8 either.

540/570 are too ugly, and you won't get many options for your £150k so nope.

I'd want something that made me feel special, but that I felt comfortable spanking the arse off of. If we're assuming this isn't a lottery win so I can't replace it the next day if I bin it, then I'm going to pick one car that's track friendly but not road unfriendly, it has to make a nice noise, and it has to be affordable to run. Must be showy without being flash, must be premium but not poncy. Above all, it must reward as a driver.

ONE CAR CHOICE

Yellow-Porsche-GT3-Full.jpg

991.1 GT3, in Racing Yellow.

On the basis you cannot buy a 991.2 GT3 even if you have the cash, I'll take the earlier car. 9k rpm, 475bhp, flappy paddles but at least I know I like flappy paddles in 911s, and it would have to be the Clubsport model. Available from about £135k.

TWO CAR CHOICE

exige-380-0312.jpg

Exige Sport 380.

For me a track car must always have the option of a roof, and Lotus make the best tin-topped track cars so here you go. I've never drive of these, however we all know it's bloody superb. £70k I reckon with options plus a haggle.

i619683.jpg

997.2 GTS, in Basalt Black. 2WD manual option.

Still the best car I've ever owned, and for the road I don't need anything else. Perfect size, balance, weight, power, seats. The one car that does it all, I would find room for again in my collection. Truth be told I'd buy it again tomorrow if I had £60k spare.

• Like 2

You won't get a genuine Huracan coupe for £150k, unless it's a crap colour with a poor spec. And I don't think people realise how BIG these cars are on the roads, you'd struggle to do the better roads in Scotland and Wales, for example.

Lambo Huracán Spider

you can get that for £150,000?

Coupe, yes. Spyder, no.

I will put the rest of the money in :lol:

And I don't think people realise how BIG these cars are on the roads, you'd struggle to do the better roads in Scotland and Wales, for example.

Its a good job I don't live in the land of tiny roads :lol:

997.2 GTS, in Basalt Black. 2WD manual option.

Still the best car I've ever owned, and for the road I don't need anything else. Perfect size, balance, weight, power, seats. The one car that does it all, I would find room for again in my collection. Truth be told I'd buy it again tomorrow if I had £60k spare.

Agreed

£145k Huracan

There's loads for ~£160k.

Bottom of the market? No thanks. Early car too, plus that trader doesn't have a great rep tbh.

If you can haggle £10k off a £160k Huracan then fair enough, but they're still in demand so I think you'll struggle to achieve that for cash.