Prices dropping on these cars

Jords

A mate of mine has a stock unmolested R33 Skyline , I keep telling him the more he does to it the less it will be worth , think the 350z is a way off that though , cant help feeling its more likely to go the way of the FTO , ie hugely popular on the scene 10 years ago but hardly ever see a good one nowadays

• Like 1

Yeah FTO's are pretty cheap to be fair, but front wheel drive might impact the desirability (I hope), and the top line not having a manual box (I think). Although I have heard good things about the v6 Mivec tiptronic.

Edited by Jay84

Have you seem the prices for non drifted 200sxs? Hopefully something similar with zed's

Yeah, but are they actually selling for those prices? ;)

Not sure, I looked and thought aaarrrggghhh, a zed may be a better option. Still dream of a sil80 though.

Someone on here not so long back told me I wouldn't break the £5k barrier for my TT Zed.

You know that thing I do where I stalk your posts and correct you... :blush:

I cant see you selling it for more then 5K, simply because people are not prepared to pay it.

I'm sure I'd get more than 5k for my Z! A boggo Z is circa 5k!

Not the Z LOL. The civic facepalm.

Sorry, it's a curse, honestly. :lol:

As sporty and performance cars get older they inevitably fall into the hands of some people who abuse them or just turn them into track cars for the road / drifters etc.

Sometimes the cars reputation suffers and the price falls regardless of mileage (within reason) and condition.

It happen with my old type r civic, they are literally worth peanuts regardless of condition and it seemed to happen quite rapidly. It can go the other way though and make nicer models more appealing though.

I bought my old 03 DE for £5000 - had it about 2 years and sold it for £6300 - was standard when I got it but added a Satin Black wrap, Genuine Wedssport SA-55M's, Zeta Meister-R coilovers & Nismo interior matting / decoration.

20140617_220342_zpsvunjuurx.jpg

20140617_2204500_zpsrjxj04pc.jpg

20150517_152013_zpsw7mf5az7.jpg

20150517_152001_zpsp3f2ejre.jpg

I know I lost money, but I don't think I did too badly. I expect to lose zero money on my current Zed, however - for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

When i was looking for my first 350 some 4 years ago, they were all similarly priced, there was the odd rogue cheapie but they were proper dogs or really high mileage, i did a fair bit to mine but sold it two years later for a little more than i paid. The problem is as they get older, more end up in the dog/bodged repairs/seriously high mileage territory, so you will find more cheapies, so it appears as though prices across the board have dropped, but in reality, to buy a nice one, they are still very close to what i paid 4 years ago.

However as eluded to elsewhere, unless you are actively looking to buy and viewing in the flesh whats out there, advertised prices are just that and mean absolutely nothing as you really dont know what they are like until you are standing in front of them and what the seller will actually take.

• Like 1

Someone on here not so long back told me I wouldn't break the £5k barrier for my TT Zed.

You did a Strudul and didnt read. I meant the civic, not the Z... The facepalm is real :/

The fact you don't see the irony in that post is hilarious, but rather concerning.

Just get that egg wiped off your face. :lol:

You know that thing I do where I stalk your posts and correct you... :blush:

I cant see you selling it for more then 5K, simply because people are not prepared to pay it.

I'm sure I'd get more than 5k for my Z! A boggo Z is circa 5k!

Not the Z LOL. The civic facepalm.

Sorry, it's a curse, honestly. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Does anyone think low mile, low owner, fsh cars will start to appreciate in the near future?

Its started to happen with e46 m3's. Completely different car I know, but still an affordable performance car. The price difference between clean original cars and high mileage modded cars is considerable.

Maybe the Z isn't popular enough or desirable enough to the masses?

I think there are still so many 350z around, they are not anywhere near as hard to come by as say an R34 or the like. The unfettered ones will always be worth more if they do start to appreciate in say 5-10 years time or so thats always the case with any car, the more original they are the more desirable.

• Like 2

I think there are still so many 350z around, they are not anywhere near as hard to come by as say an R34 or the like. The unfettered ones will always be worth more if they do start to appreciate in say 5-10 years time or so thats always the case with any car, the more original they are the more desirable.

I agree. Although there are more e46 m3's around my area. I guess the e46 is such an iconic car that low mile, clean, manual examples. are starting to rise in value.

I think the one thing the Z has in its favour is that there is nothin else similar in the uk with a 3.5 V6. They're kinda unique in the UK.

Does anyone think low mile, low owner, fsh cars will start to appreciate in the near future?

Its started to happen with e46 m3's. Completely different car I know, but still an affordable performance car. The price difference between clean original cars and high mileage modded cars is considerable.

Maybe the Z isn't popular enough or desirable enough to the masses?

They will go up in value at some stage but we're looking at 20-30 years I would think. As to the near future, one owner, low mileage cars in really good condition will probably settle out at 8k-12k depending on age, possibly even higher than that for GT4's and Pearl White HR's and I can see both of those fetching 20k in 5 years time.

Pete

Pete