Prices dropping on these cars

Jords

In my personal opinion in 5-8 years time when all new sports and performance cars are automatics, digital instrument panels, electric steering & handbrakes with small capacity turbo engine that all sound the same. Folks will start to look back to cars prior to all the ad ons. A Big front engined naturally aspirated V6, manual gearbox, rear wheel drive coupe will become sort after.

• Like 1

I think you are right to a degree, when fuel is £2+ a litre, government taxing clean air to death and everyone is moving to efficiency at home there will be a niche who want something like this.

How much a mass produced GT car will actually be worth though...who knows. There are still thousands on the road now, I cannot imagine that in 5 years you will be looking at a rare sight on the road a fair few will still be running.

20 years from now, then I would agree could be worth a fair bit more, excluding inflation, £20k for a DE anyone? :D

I think unless you are buying a proper classic, like a 240z, then you are never going to make money on these cars in general (occasionally you might) - sounds like OP made a not so good call on purchase price/condition but really I would say forget about it and enjoy the car. I bought mine private and within 5 months had to spend nigh on £800 on flywheel and clutch kit.

Maybe so to be honest, but most of it was down to a dishonest seller. Personally it wouldn't matter to me about how much I paid because I still got a very healthy motor once I got to work on it.

I was very lucky to have sold my civic before the prices literally became pocket change. Now I wouldn't have an ep3 again because they seem to hold the image of and old beaten dog.

True.

Have you seen the price for some of the final run EP3 premier editions tho? 7 - 8k!!!!! No thanks.

My mate sold his 55 plate premier for 4600 I believe it was only a few months ago. Standard. People want a fortune for theirs if they've got the job typical scene brand parts like tegiwa dc sports etc.

The premier edition is just a face-lift with leftover jdm parts shipped over to be used up rather than wasted haha.

Yep, that one properly messes with me as I personally think the MX5 is a better car, and its not like the S2K has got any real race history or cult following.

In 5 years anything RWD that has an LSD and non electric steering is going to start to become a lot more sought after IMO, we are rapidly moving away from drivers cars :(

• Like 1

Yep, that one properly messes with me as I personally think the MX5 is a better car, and its not like the S2K has got any real race history or cult following.

In 5 years anything RWD that has an LSD and non electric steering is going to start to become a lot more sought after IMO, we are rapidly moving away from drivers cars :(

Don't let Honda nuts hear you say that haha they would lose their minds. The engine in the s2k is an amazing piece of engineering. Not 10k for an old motor amazing, but still very good.

I think the Honda guys should realise that no matter how much they want their cars to be cult legends, they won't be. Supra, skyline... civic? Don't think that works.

To be fair thats another one, the Supra, i know there are a lot of Supra fanbois on here, but if you have ever driven one, they arent all that in std trim, i have to be honest, i would prefer a zed and yes i have had 2 both twin turbos before anyone says, one auto (hideous thing) one manual ;)

Don't let Honda nuts hear you say that haha they would lose their minds. The engine in the s2k is an amazing piece of engineering. Not 10k for an old motor amazing, but still very good.

My brother had one, Ive taken another mates track weapon round Spa a few times as well. Im not so sure the F20C is all its cracked up to be, it doesnt rev very quickly, produced bugger all torque and even the power figure isnt amazing. Sure, it revs high and sounds nice but so does a lot of stuff ........

Good cars, no doubt, but great?

My brother had one, Ive taken another mates track weapon round Spa a few times as well. Im not so sure the F20C is all its cracked up to be, it doesnt rev very quickly, produced bugger all torque and even the power figure isnt amazing. Sure, it revs high and sounds nice but so does a lot of stuff ........

Good cars, no doubt, but great?

Yes. Simply because of the feeling to drive down a country road (or through an inner city highway at night) with the top down screaming 9k rpm. Jenba Ittai, as a Miata enthusiast you know what this means, the S2000 has it in spades as well. I can't say I'm in love with the engine either if I'm honest, it needs supercharging, then we're talking about something else entirely. ;)

Supra, Skyline, RX7, S2000, 350Z, Evo 5,6,7,8,9. Yes, all these cars are worthy of being mentioned in the same breath, imo, they all bring something from what will surely in the future be considered the great era of Japanese sports cars.

Edited by Aashenfox

All the Evos but no Scoobs or Celicas, Silvias, S Bodies.

So much to pick from in the 90's early 2000's, but what now, gt86.

Dare i say the 370z was/is possibly harmful to the 350z as a natural upgrade and modern alternative and forcing values down?

There was many a conversation on the Rx7 forums about the Rx8 putting the nail in the coffin of the rotary, had they not rolled that out, the rotary possibly had a glorious comeback with new tech and better engine life, but it would be a brave man to buy a rotary if something came off the production line now after the travesty of the Rx8, not that it was a bad car, but the engine really needed to be far far better and perhaps there is an interesting stand point, whilst i know the Rx8 was a bit cheaper than a 350 new, they were released at the same time and look where they are price wise!!

Edited by Jetpilot

It's the stereotypical noise that I'm not a fan of to be honest. I don't know anything about subaru but to me it doesn't matter if it's 200bhp or 500 it sounds exactly the same. Is that just me?

Edited by Jords

It's the stereotypical noise that I'm not a fan of to be honest. I don't know anything about subaru but to me it doesn't matter if it's 200bhp or 500 it sounds exactly the same. Is that just me?

I'm with you , dont like any Boxer engines.