im new and looking for a 350z - good and bad points wanted

az274

i'm new and looking for a 350z - good and bad points wanted with regards to owning one.

I've watched some YouTube videos and they appears to be great on the hole.

anything i should be watching out for when buying one?

Welcome. There isn't really that much to look out for on a Zed that doesn't apply to any car. The Zed doesn't have any serious model specific niggles or failures, it's a super tough, well made car.

Bad points: Um....It's the size of a BMW 3 series and has only 2 seats and a strut brace taking up all the boot space. That's all I can think of on the negative side...

EDIT: I suddenly remembered the only really important buying point...ask the previous owner what fuel was used and if it's less than 97RON or unknown, walk away. The low quality fuel eats our pistons!!

Edited by Aashenfox

Good post above, and a universal thing with cars I've found.. once they get to around 80k, stuff starts needing replacing one after the other generally.

Usually not major but suspension, bushings, battery etc.

Whatever you do, when you get it - just cough up the money and do a full service on it, no matter what the owner said (within common sense reason of course hah).

Decent tyres, spark plugs, all fluids (brake, diff, gearbox, engine, coolant), inspect brake pads, discs, power steering fluid etc etc

Don't settle on the first one, there are loads so be patient.

Edited by RobPhoboS