Buying a home - Overpriced

TomBorehamUK

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

And this is why I never want a shared driveway :lol:

TBH I'd do yourself a favour in the long run and go and have a civil chat with them. Take a bottle of wine, start normal small talk, bring it up in casual conversation but laugh it off. Trust me, you do not want this to get any worse this early on, it's not worth. Bite your tongue, be nicey-nicey, then go home and call the guy a c*nt under your breath.

My guess is they're getting really territorial over you driving into "their" land. Especially in a sports car, my guess is if you were 65 in a Micra they wouldn't give a toss.

I figured I'd let it be, and hope they get bored of having to get out of their car and move the chair to park themselves.

I've been friendly from the start, the female of the species there took issue with my Mrs parking outside my House as soon as we moved in. She said it's their 'turning spot' :lol:

I think you're quite right, the type of car probably rubs em up the wrong way too.

53 minutes ago, ATTAK Z said:

Nick the chair ;)

I've contemplated it! Or instead i might set up a table with it and have a nice outdoor lunch :)

Sorry Tom, didn't mean to insinuate that you'd been anything other than cordial. Having been there though, with neighbours who felt like they owned a particular parking spot, it can make your life hell very quickly. It's okay now, but just wait until that car gets moved right to the very edge so you cannot reverse in. It's coming, I promise you. Best to get in there quickly, make them feel like utter muppets for staking their claim when you're a nice couple, and then get on with your life and enjoy it.

I know it's easier said than done, especially if you're not a naturally outgoing person (my missus definitely is, so it makes my life easier), but it's so worth doing in the long run. If you didn't want to do a proper chat, even just take the wine over and say that you're sorry if they felt like you were encroaching, you really didn't mean to it's just that you were always taught by your Dad to reverse park wherever possible (ham it up) and here's a bottle of wine for no hard feelings, and if they ever need anything like a parcel taking in or someone to keep an eye on the house when they go on holiday they've only got to ask. All that guff.

12 hours ago, Ekona said:

Sorry Tom, didn't mean to insinuate that you'd been anything other than cordial. Having been there though, with neighbours who felt like they owned a particular parking spot, it can make your life hell very quickly. It's okay now, but just wait until that car gets moved right to the very edge so you cannot reverse in. It's coming, I promise you. Best to get in there quickly, make them feel like utter muppets for staking their claim when you're a nice couple, and then get on with your life and enjoy it.

I know it's easier said than done, especially if you're not a naturally outgoing person (my missus definitely is, so it makes my life easier), but it's so worth doing in the long run. If you didn't want to do a proper chat, even just take the wine over and say that you're sorry if they felt like you were encroaching, you really didn't mean to it's just that you were always taught by your Dad to reverse park wherever possible (ham it up) and here's a bottle of wine for no hard feelings, and if they ever need anything like a parcel taking in or someone to keep an eye on the house when they go on holiday they've only got to ask. All that guff.

No you're right, I'm surprised they're not just blocking it with their car in the first place anyhow.

I will try my best to bite my tongue, suck it up and go and have the chat with them :) Must resist my instict to call a spade a spade though.

If that fails...I'm keeping the chair :lol:

• Like 1

Only thing we've had so far is neighbour two doors down putting his cardboard and paper rubbish in our recycling tub cos his has gone missing. So we took it out and put it into his green bin.

Had stuff with his name on it so we knew it was him. If he'd said mine has gone missing can we put ours in yours we'd have been fine. But we've never met the guy.

Also by the local shop 2mins walk away he can put it into their recycling bins.

On 04/08/2017 at 19:48, TomBorehamUK said:

Well turns out for our first home, we have a neighbour that's an Ahole! Or maybe I'm the Ahole and they're just a little petty...

Anyway, i imagine they're taking issue with me turning in the shared driveway and reversing onto my drive as at the point at which i just go up to they've placed a chair :lol:

It's an odd layout as where their fiesta is parked anyway is next to the other neighbours garage.

Rising above it, but also fighting the urge to retaliate with pettiness :lol:

20170803_165220.thumb.jpg.6c042d78f408d02f365c61e08f7896d3.jpg

I'd put one of your chairs next to it :) I haven't read any more of the thread, but he seems to be the A hole. My previous neighbours basically said if we wanted to use their drive while they were on holiday we can... we had 3 cars but only room for 2 on the drive. Just be civil, cause the last thing you want is it to escalate. The people who replaced my "nice" neighbours were scum. Their kids kicked stones into our cars, so we spoke to the parents, and they said " yeah so? "...

Just try n talk to them :)