Flux Direct -Suspiciously cheap ?

Stephanie

Hi Guys,

I'm getting insurance quotes from Money Supermarket:

•Flux Direct - £1200

•Admiral - £1200 (With Black Box Fitted)

•Admiral - £1500

•Elephant - £1500

Flux direct is coming out far cheaper and without a black box. However I've read some horror story reviews from them.. one review saying as they processed their policy it changed some of their details, (suspecting they did this to void a claim in future) this also happened to me when I was re-directed to flux direct website it took off one of my additional drivers and changed my home owner details.

Has anybody any experience with Flux Direct ? Was keen to go with them until I started reading the reviews.

I'm 21 yrs, held license for 4 years, 1 years NCB. Named driver on another policy.

Thanks in advance for any advice ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

I had my skyline insured with Flux, they charged me for extras I didnt want or need without asking me if I wanted them, when I cancelled my policy after a week they tried charging me 90% of the policy for a weeks insurance. Ended up going through the ombudsman to get my money back. Would never get insurance with them again

• Like 1

I'd go with Admiral, they aren't great, but gonna be the cheapest.

Should come down £300+ if you opt for multi-cover too (other car doesn't have to come onto the policy immediately, but you get the discount straight away.)

(Other car doesn't have to belong to someone in same household either, any direct family member is fine IIRC.)

I went with Hastings, 350 fully comp with protected no claims, cheaper than the wifes zaffy. But mines only cheap as I have a company car. Is flux direct the same as Adrian Flux?

Also, not all companies are found on comparison sites so it may be worth checking some of those to.

Edited by Jay84
  • Like 1

Don't get the cheapest, get the one that covers you the best.

I agree but when I was younger, so much younger, I had to go cheap. Although I couldn't afford a Zed at 21. I could hardly afford the clapped out Capri I had. Times were different then.

Personally, i'd go with Admiral out of those. Don't get a black box either, yeah you save 300 but the restrictions will ruin Z ownership.

Also, I see 4 years driving but only 1 yrs no claims ? Have you had a claim ? If so that will be the issue on prices as those are double the going rate.

Edited by Willsy1980

I had my skyline insured with Flux, they charged me for extras I didnt want or need without asking me if I wanted them, when I cancelled my policy after a week they tried charging me 90% of the policy for a weeks insurance. Ended up going through the ombudsman to get my money back. Would never get insurance with them again

I think your personal experience alone has concreted me not taking a policy out with them. Always suspicious when something looks too good to be true. Thanks Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should come down £300+ if you opt for multi-cover too (other car doesn't have to come onto the policy immediately, but you get the discount straight away.)

(Other car doesn't have to belong to someone in same household either, any direct family member is fine IIRC.)

Sounds good but the other car isn't up for renewal until June, will look into it though, thanks for the tip ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

I agree but when I was younger, so much younger, I had to go cheap. Although I couldn't afford a Zed at 21. I could hardly afford the clapped out Capri I had. Times were different then.

Worked my bum off and been saving for a very long time to get my Zed 😠Every penny I have is money I've earned. Will probably go with Admiral, £1500 fully comp. not too bad considering I'm 21.

• Like 1

I am with Chris Knott cannot fault them, although again age might be a challenge

Yes I think age is a restriction with Chris Knott and also believe you need atleast 1 years experience of driving that car already. Thanks anyway

Personally, i'd go with Admiral out of those. Don't get a black box either, yeah you save 300 but the restrictions will ruin Z ownership.

Also, I see 4 years driving but only 1 yrs no claims ? Have you had a claim ? If so that will be the issue on prices as those are double the going rate.

Black box was never an option. I just wanted to put it there to show how much better value for money flux Direct policy was, but there's always a reason something is far cheaper.

No I've never had a claim, I've only got 1 years NCB because when I went to University for 3 years I sold my car. I've been named driver on other policies here and there but never main driver.

£1200-1500 is double the going rate ? So you reckon I could get it for £600-750 fully comp on a V6 at 21 years old ?

As much as I would love that it would be brill 😠but I think that's fairly un-likely given my age. I'm in a really good postcode too and a minimum risk job. I'll probably go with Admiral see if I can get them down any more over the phone ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Edited by Stephanie
  • Like 1

Black box was never an option. I just wanted to put it there to show how much better value for money flux Direct policy was, but there's always a reason something is far cheaper.

No I've never had a claim, I've only got 1 years NCB because when I went to University for 3 years I sold my car. I've been named driver on other policies here and there but never main driver.

£1200-1500 is double the going rate ? So you reckon I could get it for £600-750 fully comp on a V6 at 21 years old ?

As much as I would love that it would be brill 😠but I think that's fairly un-likely given my age. I'm in a really good postcode too and a minimum risk job. I'll probably go with Admiral see if I can get them down any more over the phone ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Worked my bum off and been saving for a very long time to get my Zed í ½í¸ Every penny I have is money I've earned. Will probably go with Admiral, £1500 fully comp. not too bad considering I'm 21.

Top lass!

• Like 1

Be careful with Admiral: Your mods won't be covered should you go that route unless you take out their optional cover, and even then the value is pitifully low. I'm not saying they're a bad insurer, but you literally are just paying for basic cover and they'll do the bare minimum for you.

Sadly because of your age you're pretty much stuck using the mainstream insurers, but as long as you go in eyes open you'll be fine. Personally I'd rather be insured with a company that supplies my needs on paper knowing I'll have to have a bit of a fight if I claim rather than one who I was under-insured with, but that's the benefit of an older head speaking: When I was 21 fifteen-odd years ago, I always went with the cheapest too!

Sounds good but the other car isn't up for renewal until June, will look into it though, thanks for the tip ������������

As I said, that'd be fine, you can still get the discount. If you go with Admiral, they will probably offer you multi-cover and will explain how it works.

Also, don't prejudge a black box, read up on them first before you disregard it as an option. Unless you are a bad driver, intending to lie about your annual mileage, or are particularly against having a tracker in your car*, then there is no real downside (plus they can track your car if it gets stolen).

*They might offer you plug-and-drive instead of the normal black box which doesn't have a tracker and you only keep it for 3 months, after that you are free to do as you please.

Edited by Strudul