Waterless Wash any good?...

davey_83

For years now we've seen various brands of this sort of product, but I just cant bring myself to give it a try. The video below again shows it to be incredibly quick and easy to use, achieving that just waxed look!!! Recently machine polishing my paintwork, I don't intend on doing this again any time soon.

Anyone sold on this sort of wash method as I'm looking for honest feedback.

Cheers

David

Edited by davey_83

me personally can't ever imagine rubbing muck and grit into the paintwork, always prewash to get anything that could scratch the paint off before using a microfiber mitt and two bucket system, and I don't even show the car so you can imagine how far people go when they are particularly cautious about surface dirt

Edited by Diggerman
  • Like 1

Oh I dunno...

Clearly I am also a 14 year old boy! :lol:

As for waterless wash... probably ok if your car is already immaculate, like using a quick detailer. If your car is even slightly dirty, then your paintwork would pay the price for a quick wash.

• Like 1

As for waterless wash... probably ok if your car is already immaculate, like using a quick detailer. If your car is even slightly dirty, then your paintwork would pay the price for a quick wash.

Yep, used it a couple of times, once was at a Wales meet when I'd only driven it to The Moreton from home after washing it,15 miles in light drizzle, worked great. I believe that its widely in use by 2nd hand car dealers.

Pete

Pe

I've not used it but Optimum No Rinse (ONR) seems to get a lot of praise. Particularly in the states where water use is limited.

I believe it's been used and tested by "the Junkman"

From my understanding a lot of these waterless washes aren't a simple shampoo and water mix but more chemical in their make up and grab the dirt particles and actually lift it away from the paintwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Still unconvinced by the whole 'lifting dirt' thing, on all the videos I am watching people push microfibre towels against the car quite aggressively to wipe it and clean off. So no matter what lifting is going on there is always a physical exertion in the other direction back at the car.

the chap from the vid I posted describes it as a chemical cushion, the onr people talk a lot about encapsulation. they do say that if it dries on a panel, do not try to buff of, but to rewash the panel. I've just ordered some to give it a go....maybe try it on wifes car to see what happens!!

Machine polish the panel so that its not got swirls etc, use a torch to properly test to see that the micro-scratches are gone, use it on half the panel and retest with torch. Best way to see how it works. Still find it hard to believe a fifteen quid bottle of stuff has such advanced chemical properties that dirt cannot in no way touch the bodywork when trapped between a microfibre pressed against...but hey Im a cynical type by nature.

Surfactants debond (lift) the dirt which is great. Its removing them from the paint without scratching thats the issue.

Chocked full of fillers to give you that nice shiny swirl free look.......well until they wash out a day later.

Only useful as clay lube if you ask me

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 4