THE NEW POND :)

JEMAN

Hi Guys........a mini digger was used up until the pic of me with the shovel lol 20,000 ltrs so the fish should do well in it :) We are running a Nexus filtration system and a couple of air pumps.....one pushing out 240 ltrs of air a minute......only using that one in the summer though ! .......and don't tempt me about a swimming pool lol

Geez.... thats a monster pond by the looks of things!!

Here's my attempt on a wildlife pond which is ...ahem...somewhat smaller.

I built a hibernaculum at one end which is the raised hump behind the mound of stones. This is a dry area where critters live for the amphibians to feed on.

Theres a constant supply of water coming in over the slate, from a spring, over by the tree at the back, and drains out in the foreground.

IMG_20160918_171245730_zpsc9xmq7zc.jpg

IMG_20160918_171219655_zpso7szf8pm.jpg

• Like 5

@350zedd & Tricky-Ricky ~ Great ponds both. Love the slate and stones on yours 350zedd.

Does yours have a mini bridge Ricky? That's a lovely feature and the small water fall is very nice. :thumbs:

JEMAN as usual doing it in large scale. :teeth:;)

Yes i made the bridge when i extended the pond in the first year we moved, you can see it a little better in this pic, but the garden evolves every year, you wouldn't believe that this was how it all looked 4 years ago.

IMG_1246_zpsu5635tz0.jpg

DSCF0019_zpsgncjo0yv.jpg

• Like 3

Guys, your comments are really appreciated as it has been a bit of a LABOUR OF LOVE LOL All your ponds look fantastic and a credit to Garden ponds......No matter what size they are we all get the same enjoyment for sure :) And luv the Siamese Carp....I want lol I went with the Sturgeon as I know these buggers get real Big :) Still have lots to do to finish it off like the stone edging that is nearly there........Running a Nexus Filter System, a UV light, a water pump the turns over 10,000 ltrs an hour and two air pumps......1 is in the Nexus filter and the other is connected to a large air stone pushing out 240 ltrs of air a minute :) Dread to the what the electric bill now is lol What we do for fish ah LOL

We have some sturgeon in a pond at one of my offices in the Netherlands. You'll have to keep an eye out as hey have a tendency to jump out!!! We've found them laying on the ground several times. Bung them back in and away they swim though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Back in the days a friend asked me to help him dig out a pond in his garden the size of 350zedd's.....BY HAND.

That was some back breaking work for the two of us.

He then moved to London and wanted to rent his house out but thought the pond was a health and safety issue.

You guessed it.

He rang me and I arrived at his house greeted by a mountain of dirt, a wheel barrow and 2 shovels :scare:

I went with the Sturgeon as I know these buggers get real Big :)

I think your gonna need a bigger pond :lol:

The Fraser river down the road from me has Sturgeon in . . .

pete-dave-811-wm-751x400.jpg

Yep you are gonna need a bigger pond!!

This on my hit list a weeks fishing on the Fraser after these :thumbs: