What jack is everybody using???

Ollydykins

Hey guys,

After putting some side skirts on the car, it's

Obviously budged up right up against the jack point bit, so now neither the one issued with the car (it lifts on the skirts before the jack point) or an ordinary one from Halfords (which just won't fit under at all) works. So what are you using ? Without breaking he bank... as I can't even bloody lift the car up to do anything at the moment !

Thanks,

Olly

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-ctj1250ab-1-25-tonne-aluminium-racing-j/?da=1&TC=GS-020111824&gclid=CjwKEAjwydK_BRDK34GenvLB61YSJACZ8da311w1kKZrOoZxIS7liBe5ioJSS842gLruwGoV2pR2ERoCFuvw_wcB

I have this low level jack.......but still gotta be careful.

It slides under no problem.

But on jacking the arm will catch on my Nismo skirt near where the "Clarke" label is.

To solve this I just use a cloth folded on the jack pad to give an extra 1cm ht :thumbs:

+2 for the costco jack

edit: if you're local to farnborough, Hampshire or Sunbury in Middlesex I can meet you there and get you in to buy one. The condition is you buy me a hotdog and a soda when we leave (super cheap, don't you worry :lol: ) this offer is open to all who use the forum. Would also recommend the microfibres at the same time, cheap enough to use and then bin :lol:

Edited by AliveBoy
  • Like 3

+2 for the costco jack

edit: if you're local to farnborough, Hampshire or Sunbury in Middlesex I can meet you there and get you in to buy one. The condition is you buy me a hotdog and a soda when we leave (super cheap, don't you worry :lol: ) this offer is open to all who use the forum. Would also recommend the microfibres at the same time, cheap enough to use and then bin :lol:

Very kind offer :thumbs:

Although I'd suggest ditching the microfibres and getting one of their big f*ck-off carrot cakes instead :D

+2 for the costco jack

Very kind offer :thumbs:

Although I'd suggest ditching the microfibres and getting one of their big f*ck-off carrot cakes instead :D

Hotdog (or two!), terry towels, microfibres, 12x danishes, big box of crisps and a crate of pepsi, every time without fail :lol:

• Like 2

+2 for the costco jack

This is amazing! But I live on the other side of the country sadly 😔😔 thankyou for the offer though, not many people would go out their way !

+2 for the costco jack

This is amazing! But I live on the other side of the country sadly 😔😔 thankyou for the offer though, not many people would go out their way !

I can get you one if you need mate

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

+2 for the costco jack

I can get you one if you need mate

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

You've saved me again Ricey! I'll be in touch when I'm back into of funds!

• Like 1

I use a Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 jack. Nice and small so fits under my skirts and the jacking point is the same shape as the VR-4 with the same size lip so it sits perfectly.

Also helps that I have VR-4 jacks come out of my ring piece.