Thinking of putting a deposit on a Ford Focus RS

ATTAK Z

Have to admit I like them, my son has a white 59 plate. Decent interior and I do like the style of them, very tunable and reliable, I woud love a green one.........very in your face type of car in that colour and they carry a fair bit of exclusivity too. Cracking 5 pot Volvo engines that deliver their power nicely.

Have to admit I like them, my son has a white 59 plate. Decent interior and I do like the style of them, very tunable and reliable, I woud love a green one.........very in your face type of car in that colour and they carry a fair bit of exclusivity too. Cracking 5 pot Volvo engines that deliver their power nicely.

I think Hugh is on about the mk3, not the mk2.

I'd have one, even with that interior.

• Like 2

Does it have to be practical? Maybe an older M3 if it does, or if not something more sporty?

Nismo 370z are pretty damn good looking, especially the Mk2, but not overly fast I guess.

What about saving a bit more and getting a V6 Exige S? They're damn good looking, and bonkers fast/agile.

As you can tell, not a fan of hatchback/pocket rockets

@Mikeevv

Well the car will be a pool car for the family and it's really between the RS and a V8 Mustang ... either of which will be new and both are on 12 month delivery at the moment

I don't want an M3 thanks ... had a couple of BMWs when I was younger

I'd prefer the looks of a 350 over a 370 any day and if a low milage black GT4 came along I'd buy it

Never had a Lotus - oh wait a minute, son number 2 had an Esprit Turbo a few years ago - that was always trouble

As for smiley miles for my daily I'm quite happy with the 911 (as I think anyone would be)

Well the car will be a pool car for the family and it's really between the RS and a V8 Mustang ... either of which will be new and both are on 12 month delivery at the moment

12 Months? I got quoted 7 last month when i ordered mine, although I pushed that back till April for tax reasons. Sod the Focus, not that much of a jump above the Golf R (R is probably the better daily) imho get the Mustang :D Unless you need to transport passengers in which case get something else as the rear seat is a joke :D

The Mustang looks great and sounds great but that interior and cheap nasty switchgear ! Couldnt live with it

The Focus is a hell of a bit of kit but four doors .......much preferred the the older one with 2 and the way the prices have rocketed so do many others

If i was in the market for a hyper hatch it would be the Type R , they do look a bit Halfords but that can be helped by going for the blue or gunmetal ones imo and from what I have read they are more fun to drive than the Focus

6th gen mustang

Wheelbase : 107.1 in (2,720 mm)

Length : 188.3 in (4,784 mm)

Width : 75.4 in (1,916 mm)

Height : 54.4 in (1,381 mm)

Curb Weight : 3,520–3,800 lb (1,600–1,720 kg)

For comparison, here are a 350z dimensions

Wheelbase : 2,649 mm (104.3 in)

Length : 4,303 mm (169.4 in) (2003-2005)

Facelight Length : 4,314 mm (169.8 in) (2006-2008)

Width : 1,816 mm (71.5 in)

Height : 1,318 mm (51.9 in) (2003-2005)

Curb Weight : 3,188–3,602 lb (1,446–1,634 kg)

So it's a fair bit bigger than what we're used to I guess :(

You're "average car" - A BMW 4 series

Wheelbase : 2,810 mm (110.6 in)

Length : 4,641 mm (182.7 in)

Width : 1,826 mm (71.9 in)

Height : 1,362 mm (53.6 in)

So yes, parking might be a nightmare, especially with the MASSIVE doors and bonnet :(

On the plus side, you might develop a new skill - Looking into the future ( if you ever learn to find the end of the bonnet ;) )

Edited by Mikevv