Why is this moron not in Jail?

-G-

Seen this?

A man, thought to be Britain's worst speeding offender, has been jailed after filming himself driving at 192mph on a Northamptonshire road.

Police found mobile phone footage of Shaun Davis, from Northampton, driving several high performance cars when he was arrested on an unrelated matter.

One video showed him reach a speed of 192mph (309kmh) in a Nissan GTR.

Davis was also given a 10-year driving ban and must take an extended re-test before getting his licence back.

His daughter, Jordan, 23, of Hove Road, Rushden, was found guilty of encouraging dangerous driving and was given a two-year driving disqualification and an 18-month conditional discharge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34744459

Seen this?

A man, thought to be Britain's worst speeding offender, has been jailed after filming himself driving at 192mph on a Northamptonshire road.

Police found mobile phone footage of Shaun Davis, from Northampton, driving several high performance cars when he was arrested on an unrelated matter.

One video showed him reach a speed of 192mph (309kmh) in a Nissan GTR.

Davis was also given a 10-year driving ban and must take an extended re-test before getting his licence back.

His daughter, Jordan, 23, of Hove Road, Rushden, was found guilty of encouraging dangerous driving and was given a two-year driving disqualification and an 18-month conditional discharge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nshire-34744459

i guess these guys have never heard of smokey nagata :p

• Like 3

So both drivers driving at speeds which in the event of an 'issue' would cause catastrophic loss of life starting with their own - one 40mph faster than the other who is already more than twice the maximum speed limit on the road - one gets a paltry fine and a slap on the wrist the other 10 year ban and jail time. I know its not entirely like for like but the police sum it up when they are 'disappointed'. There just seems to be no consistency in punishment for reckless behaviour like this.

• Like 4

A few years ago, a lad from Inverness made a bad decision that resulted in the remaining members of an entire family being killed (they'd just buried their elderly sister) - he was sentenced to 4 years in prison but took the whole episode very badly. Ended up taking his own life whilst in prison, leaving a wife and 4 kids behind.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3932981.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4620412.stm

Compare that with a guy with no insurance, no license who hit and run, killing a 9 year old boy getting 2 years for it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/3461783.stm

Or much worse, 4 months for the same thing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-12007100

I gave up trying to make sense of it all when I wrote to my MP asking him to explain the disparities & I got a stock reply from the ministry of Justice telling me I shouldn't be trying to compare cases. i.e. BUGGER-OFF PLEB.

Even they don't know what the hell they are doing.

The highest speed ever recorded on a Suffolk road was in a Seat Leon 😂

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

tbh i think hats off to the lads for getting a Seat to 154 wrong place mind but one hell of an achievement

10 years I think it was a bit harsh... on the 192mph guy, while 56 days ban on 154mph is too small, perhaps 6-12months is more suitable.

He should have got at least a 12 month ban for sure, ...really makes no sense the differences between sentences. :wacko:

I think 10 years was harsh too especially as he will serve some jail time for his lack in judgement, plus from the look of the video it was night time when he did the 192 so for all we know it could have been a completely empty road.

No less reckless some might say but at least that way it would have only been himself in harms way.

Even they don't know what the hell they are doing.

Agreed, but I guess its one persons interpretation of what punishment to give out, not saying thats right or wrong by the way, but why not make it easy and have a sentence that doesnt allow for any interpretation, zero tolerance :)

If the CPS are only going to prosecute for speeding, then the punishments should be suited for that crime.

Tbh, I'd much rather see circumstances at the time taken into account rather than outright speed. 150mph on a motorway at 2am in a car of good condition being driven attentively by an experienced driver should get less than someone doing 35mph past a school at 3pm.

• Like 2

If the CPS are only going to prosecute for speeding, then the punishments should be suited for that crime.

Tbh, I'd much rather see circumstances at the time taken into account rather than outright speed. 150mph on a motorway at 2am in a car of good condition being driven attentively by an experienced driver should get less than someone doing 35mph past a school at 3pm.

i disagree value of life doesnt change with the time, if someone doing 150mph and f***s up jumps carriageway and kills oncoming they should get the same as anyone who puts anyone else at risk

im sure if your wife got killed outside a school or on her way home from a night out you would want the same punishment, this isnt the purge

Edited by StevoD

http://www.bbc.co.uk...uffolk-36953439

154 mph on the A11 and all he gets is banned for 56 days!?

There'll almost certainly be a huge hike in his insurance premiums, it's not like he can keep it quiet.

Pete

I doubt insurance companies really checks. I know some immigrants who doesn't have driving license still gets insured. Or people who have made a claim and forge their NCB.

Insurance companies are only furnished with the info a customer gives them in the first instance, those immigrants you speak of must be thick as f*ck to even bother with insurance as its invalid if they have lied and personally if you know of these types of people, i would be shopping them without a moments thought.

Edited by Jetpilot

i disagree value of life doesnt change with the time, if someone doing 150mph and f***s up jumps carriageway and kills oncoming they should get the same as anyone who puts anyone else at risk

im sure if your wife got killed outside a school or on her way home from a night out you would want the same punishment, this isnt the purge

But we're not talking about killing people whilst driving, we're talking about speeding. Would you want to be penalised the same for doing 80 in a 70 as for doing 40 in a 30? Or sticking with percentages, doing 93 on a motorway? Do you think that's the same risk to person or property as 40 past the school at kicking out time?

I don't see it is. Personally I think all limits apart from 30mph ones should be abolished, and dangerous driving prosecuted for often.

Sooner or later, someone will say "But this is legal in Germany!", and they'd be right. People aren't dying every time someone does more than twice the limit there, so speed on its own is not inherently dangerous. I for one am glad that courts are not looking at things in a strict light, but neither do we have anywhere close to all the facts on this case.

• Like 4

http://www.bbc.co.uk...uffolk-36953439

154 mph on the A11 and all he gets is banned for 56 days!?

There'll almost certainly be a huge hike in his insurance premiums, it's not like he can keep it quiet.

Pete

I doubt insurance companies really checks. I know some immigrants who doesn't have driving license still gets insured. Or people who have made a claim and forge their NCB.

Insurance companies have access to The DVLA drivers database,but of course they don't run every person through it. No idea if the police will inform the insurance company or not when someone is banned but presumably they (the insurance companies) do read the papers and watch the news. I've never yet had to produce my license to get insurance so I don't see your point about immigrants.

Pete

Personally I think all limits apart from 30mph ones should be abolished, and dangerous driving prosecuted for often

A free for all on british motorways, some people cant even sit in the right lane, let alone be trusted to deal with other cars approaching at twice their speed . I fully agree speed doesnt kill though, I would like to see something more like variable limits put in place, probably time of day related. It would be great to think, I have a journey to make and if I leave at a certain time I can travel at "x", would certainly spread the volume of traffic imho.

• Like 1

Insurance companies are only furnished with the info a customer gives them in the first instance, those immigrants you speak of must be thick as f*ck to even bother with insurance as its invalid if they have lied and personally if you know of these types of people, i would be shopping them without a moments thought.

Jesus! this went from a speeding offence to a racist rant rather quickly

escalated.gif