Is Trump really going to win?

Banz

US election  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the US election?

• Donald Trump
    • Hillary Clinton
    • I don't care.

Good for Trump, bad for the world.

Brexit and Trump in the same year - wtf is democracy doing!?

We've entered a new era, one where you can just make catchy promises up on the spot (say a ban on muslims or £350m a week extra for the NHS), with no hope of them ever becoming true, and people apparently just believe it.

• Like 1

well atleast Trump is friends with Puttin rather than Clinton who openly wanted war

None too friendly with China and N Korea though.......or any Muslim anywhere ......neithers his mate Vlad.

Mind you i suppose 2 nuclear superpowers peeking over your shoulder might he enough to make you pipe down.

I reckon he'll be impeached for something within the year

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

He'll be fine.

He's less of an interfering warmonger than Hillary is, his opening speech showed how he's going to mellow now he's actually won, much like this country the power sits with the people around the boss rather than the boss, and if not then at least he'll do stuff rather than just talk about it.

I think it'll be significantly better than people fear. I agree that neither choice was great though!

• Like 1

I can totally see why this and brexit happened (although the support for Trump was there way before the brexit vote so hard to say one drove the other). Hard for everyday people to accept when politicians say the country is thriving and millions are collecting their food from charities. What does great GDP mean if you cannot feed yourself? The class divide has never been bigger. That said, the public's willingness to believe the alternative be it £350m a week spent on the NHS or a wall being built by and paid for by Mexico really is quite something. The fallout of the US thing will be felt quicker as the change is pretty much instantaneous whereas brexit has yet to really have any impact so far.

Somewhat ironically Trump is very much against free trade and prefers American protectionist policies so I would imagine any attempts by the UK to trade with the US have now become a whole lot more complicated...

"his opening speech showed how he's going to mellow now he's actually won"

Is that not the same as saying, "you know all those things I promised and you liked about me and you voted for? Well, I'm not doing them" :shrug:

Sure, but is that not pretty much the same thing every leader does, every time?

What confuses me is how this has been a competition for who is the 'least worst' between Trump and Clinton when there are two other candidates.

They view them as a waste of a vote, sure enough a third party candidate would never have won considering how the majority of Americans had no idea they existed but if one of them had managed at least 5% then they would have got access to general election funds for their next campaign.

The indie in Florida probably did for Hillary TBF.

How can two massive parties like this decide that these were their single best two candidates for President? Come back Bernie ..........

ETA: His speech was totally written for him and totally read from autoprompters, its nothing like anything he has ever said in his life.

Edited by docwra
  • Like 1

He'll be fine.

He's less of an interfering warmonger than Hillary is, his opening speech showed how he's going to mellow now he's actually won, much like this country the power sits with the people around the boss rather than the boss, and if not then at least he'll do stuff rather than just talk about it.

I think it'll be significantly better than people fear. I agree that neither choice was great though!

He's a total pleb and i totally agree.

He'd meet and untimely end before rhe yanks allowed him to apocolypically screw things up

It is hilarious (although deeply troubling) reading through his campaign promises, ranging from introducing law that Americans born and bred should be offered jobs ahead of immigrants to allowing the US to use torture techniques on suspected terrorists and killing their families.

I wonder if the Democrats are kicking themselves for ditching Bernie Sanders in favour of Clinton now?

He'd never of won. You need to remember how borderline insane most americans are.

A peaceful politician who talks sense? No chance.

• Like 1

It is hilarious (although deeply troubling) reading through his campaign promises, ranging from introducing law that Americans born and bred should be offered jobs ahead of immigrants to allowing the US to use torture techniques on suspected terrorists and killing their families.

He has also promised to double growth (to 6%) and make the USA the strongest economy in the world, somehow overcoming a £500bn deficit in 4 years. "How you going to do it Don?" "Just trust me guys" :yuck:

Apparently there is a huge stash of energy available to the US worth hundreds of billions of dollars which he is going to 'free up' creating 500,000 new jobs. He is also going to bomb IS and take their oil - not sure how they do that, presume he has some very big trucks on standby.

Most importantly though he is going to force Nabisco to make Oreos in the US again...

• Like 2