Misty headlights

Hudders

I used the Megs metal polysh (spelt correctly). Did a lovely job! The other method is to get some fine grit wet and dry and some cutting compound (all from Halfords). I did that on my FTO before, worked brilliantly.

A forum member here uses metal polish, but I can't remember if they polish by hand or machine. I did mine using Meg's kit (4 steps sanding and final buff with the compound included in the kit). Worked well after about 1 hour sanding and buffing (both sides). Remember to coat it after with UV protection wax or something similar so that the result will last longer.

• Like 1

Depending on how severe the fogging is, you can either go down the sanding + polishing or simply polishing.

You must have a UV sealant for when you are finished using a polish as it will simply come back very quickly.

Meguiars plast rx is a great product

I done mines with Mer polish and it came up great.

I should have used the UV stuff to protect it as it's back again.

They're going in on monday to get the sequentials and LEDS so no point of doing it this weekend.

As someone else stated toothpaste and a damp cloth/wetwipe.

Takes ages but it works.

I used a toothbrush to rub it in with.

• Like 1

No offense - this has been asked soooo many times, why cant ya search :lol:

I did search for about 10 mins but came up blank. Got @*!# loads to do today so it was quicker in the end to ask.

Maybe someone should do a write-up and make it a sticky at the beginning of the Styling page?

I had this same problem with mine mate,

But I chose too lightly tint mine to cover it ������ I think they look a lot better

image.jpg1_7.jpg

Your headlights look great mate. Did you clean them before you tinted them? Where did you get them tinted?

Edited by Hudders

Did someone say misty headlight.

Just to clarify I've not touched the before picture. That is literally as it came in. It looks like it's been sanded........badly!

0dfa1a8ac2b56e5004f439b7d720f82a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, no I didn't just got them tinted over the top hides it well =]

I got them done at a place called db tints near Kettering

It does look good in the daytime Dean but, ....and no offence intended, the Zeds headlights (imo) are bad enough at night at times so I wouldn't go making them worse with tinting.

Does look good though against the sunset orange & I guess if you don't drive at night much then it's probably not an issue. ;)

@Hudders ~ I used the Megs headlight restore kit (including fine sanding paper) and then sealed it with Turtle Wax Ice synthetic paste polish wax. :thumbs:

Few more related threads: http://www.350z-uk.c...ht-restoration/

http://www.350z-uk.c...light-restored/

http://www.350z-uk.c...ht-restoration/

Yeah I don't do too much night time driving really mate, but when I doo I can still see enough hahah

It's only a light tint too, but I know what your saying, ofcourse tinting would affect the light output slightly.

Yeah I don't do too much night time driving really mate, but when I doo I can still see enough hahah

It's only a light tint too, but I know what your saying, ofcourse tinting would affect the light output slightly.

As long as you can see, others can see you & you're happy with how it looks, then that's all that matters. B);)

Yep, I bought some of those bulbs, they looked a lot better, however, compared to the orange ones they were not as bright, they didn't "click" into place so the fit didn't seem as secure and they got really hot so I put the orange ones back in.

I used the Megs metal polysh (spelt correctly). Did a lovely job! The other method is to get some fine grit wet and dry and some cutting compound (all from Halfords). I did that on my FTO before, worked brilliantly.

Is this the stuff mate?

9sr03b.jpg

Got the headlights done here's a quick video.

Sorry about the quality, it was raining.

I'll put another one up soon when it's darker.

Let me know what you think.

I like it.

Edited by Quinster