Headlight Restoration

Celtic Val

Hi All,

As a total Greenie to doing ANY work on a car...I am going to attempt to restore my misty headlight lenses today...is it as easy as this video suggests? :scare:

Could someone please help me with adding the above video :surrender:

BUT WAIT!!!!

Val, just use metal polish, it will do the same and will cost you less money and you can polish metal bits like exhaust tips too.

Read over here

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=47592&hilit=headlight+clean

[quote name='"BulletMagnet

Could someone please help me with adding the above video viewtopic.php?f=22&t=47592&hilit=headlight+clean[/quote']

Thats great! :thumbs: Thankyou for the link :)

I bought some Maguires Plastic headlight scratch repair cream as I was somewhat nervous about doing the wet/dry method, it seems to have made a big different except much larger scratches but a difference non the less :yahoo:

i've used the plastx from megs and it is good, but if you want rid of the scratches then wet and dry is the only way forward, it does scare the crap out of you when you start, but when you do the final polishing stages all is good and panic over.

i use the technique alot in my workshop. and it works every time. patience is the key and proper prep work, if you rush the stages you get a half baked attempt, if you do it properly you can get a better finish that when it came from the manufacturer.

i've used the plastx from megs and it is good, but if you want rid of the scratches then wet and dry is the only way forward, it does scare the crap out of you when you start, but when you do the final polishing stages all is good and panic over.

i use the technique alot in my workshop. and it works every time. patience is the key and proper prep work, if you rush the stages you get a half baked attempt, if you do it properly you can get a better finish that when it came from the manufacturer.

I think I will try the wet/dry technique at some point...preferably when the rain isnt lashing down as it is here at the moment :cold: ' the problem with living on a Farm is that you constantly get *hit high just coming in and out of the drive in this weather :thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think Wasso had some success with Megs Ultimate and a DA too.

Missed this...

DA and Megs Ultimate Compound. Both headlights can be done in less than 2 mins.

When Coldel visited I done his and they came up like brand new. If you've got a DA and Megs UC it's dne in a flash.

:thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...