EURO 2016

RS8055

France showing England just how poor they were...how we struggled against what is a relatively poor side.

Yeah,I'm down in southern Turkey on the hols, managed to find a TV showing it... hard to understand with commentators, but France really are showing the world how terrible our national football team really is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well out go Wales - I know Bale said they were proud (no less than 9 times I think in that interview!) but I was actually disappointed that against probably one of the weaker teams they barely got a clean shot on goal. I think they got found out a bit and seemed to go out without really trying to find a plan B (sounds like England!) to break down the Portuguese team. Still they exceeded expectations, so will get a rousing reception back home.

I have only watched two games in my life (the Wales/Belgium, and Wales/Portugal) and too be honest, if last night was how normal football matches are I wont watch another. Yes we are proud how far wales have come through Euro '16, but that was a lame excuse of a match, it just like they were having a kick about waiting for their mums to pick them up. Shame really.

But like I say, well done to Wales for getting this far.

If you don't watch football then you won't understand the game that was played out. Mentally neither team wanted to lose, both were under committing in attack which led to a deadlock - it really was just a super-human header from Ronaldo that swung the game, how he got that high and hung there, freakish. Often tight games like that that its a case of being the team less likely to make a mistake or the one with the moment of brilliance that wins. This is often the case in tournament matches where one goal can mean tournament exit, as Dan said, the occasion got to them and they couldn't climb out of that defensive shell.

Fingers crossed for France tonight, such an exciting team to watch, would love to see them win their home tournament.

They'd rather not lose than try and win, which is a shame.

Perhaps if the penalties rule was abolished and replaced with attempts on goal x number of corners or something. I dunno, anything to make teams actually press forward a bit more.

• Like 1

Blame the refs, not the players. If they can't tell play acting from genuine pain (and lets be honest, it hurts like f*ck when someone does rake their studs down the back of your calf!) then they should get the sack.

• Like 1

Refs are so inconsistent its ridiculous. But having been mates with a guy that got close to reffing premier league you wouldn't believe the sh*t they get from managers and the like as well as the FA telling them to do this and do that. The Refs association is the poor man of the game and are pretty much bullied week in week out. How often do we see players effing off at officials but they have been told they cannot send off a player for it, yet do it on a pitch over the park on a sunday morning its instant red card.

• Like 1

We all know that the tough rugby players go home and cry like girls when they lose, they just pretend to be tough and unaffected by it on camera ;)

As ioneabee says, I stopped playing and watching football because of all the unnecessary diving, faking injuries, crowding the ref with the intention of influencing his decision. So I switched to playing rugby.

Never looked back, seems a much fairer game, more interesting to watch and more fun (for me at least). However you are right to a certain extent about "pretending to be tough and unaffected on camera" hahaha. I usually need help getting out of bed in the morning as my back, shoulders, neck etc are sore as ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played rugby at school, have to say its fun playing (as a winger) but I find it dull as dishwater watching. You can pretty much predict the winner of any match at international level except when maybe NZ play Australia, and outside the top 4 or 5 countries there is so little competition internationally. What I love about football is that its worth cheering for the underdog because there is a chance they can spring a win football does leave it very much open for a shock result moreso than rugby. I also find things like scrums and line outs just kill time in rugby, on average the ball is live and in play in rugby for something like 30 minutes out of 80. Football is much higher.

I agree though football players 'playing' for the decision came about because if they don't the ref doesn't give it. The amount of shirt pulling on the refs blindside is getting so out of hand, if you don't go down you won't get the decision.

Blatant out and out play acting should result in a one match ban. Some of it is so obvious it a joke.

• Like 1