EURO 2016

RS8055

Hoping that Roy keeps Sterling and Kane benched this time around! They were utterly useless!

Sturridge and Vardy to start would give us best attacking potential, and would be great to see a bit more of Rashford... I see good things to come from that boy...

Yes cannot see the point in 'resting' form and continuity is more important when playing games over a short period of time. And rest is relative, every other team is playing lots of games like us, they will be equally 'less rested' really we have to get our team playing together regularly so we get some momentum.

• Like 1

Not sure what team Uncle Roy is starting with tonight but can understand some but not all of the the rumoured changes.Cant see the sense of changing the back four.Surely the more games they have together the better their understanding will be.Uncle Roy has always set his sides up not to loose first but in tournament football we all know you need to win.Refreshing to see he went for it against Wales so let's hope he's a changed man.Ive followed England abroad in world cups and euros in my younger years and I am still hoping and waiting for us to deliver albeit from my armchair these days.

You've got a good point Payco - keeping back four the same can only do good things in terms of familiarising with how one another plays! That's one thing I don't understand about Roy, why wait and then bring on positive/creative players at half time - they should've started considering Kane's performance against Russia in the first game! To be fair his tactics at 1-0 up against Russia were very questionable...

Hopefully we see none of that tonight!

Hoping that Roy keeps Sterling and Kane benched this time around! They were utterly useless!

Sturridge and Vardy to start would give us best attacking potential, and would be great to see a bit more of Rashford... I see good things to come from that boy...

Agreed! Sterling has been very poor, he's not really come alive at Man City yet either.... Rashford on the other hand just keeps getting better and better. I do fear for him under Mourinho though - not sure if he'd keep him at the club or send him out on loan!

Well another shoddy performance, messing around with a team unnecessarily. As a manager with these players he should be battering some teams, we have a seriously sub standard manager, as soon as we get knocked out when we play some one decent we can finally move him on.

Well another shoddy performance, messing around with a team unnecessarily. As a manager with these players he should be battering some teams, we have a seriously sub standard manager, as soon as we get knocked out when we play some one decent we can finally move him on.

I have got to say, that was the single biggest waste of my time possible! I will never get the last 2 hours of my life back. I feel genuinely sorry for those who actually PAID to see that in the stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could have knocked it about all day 40 yards from their goal and still not scored.

What winds me up is apparent 'experts' like Hoddle saying how we dominated the game, but we didn't, it suited Slovakia down to the ground, their keeper barely had to make a save second half. Thats the inherent issue with England managers is that they cannot see the issues slap bang in front of their faces.

...and as for the lack of anyone in the team who can take a free kick or corner without hitting the first man.

Farce.

We could have knocked it about all day 40 yards from their goal and still not scored.

What winds me up is apparent 'experts' like Hoddle saying how we dominated the game, but we didn't, it suited Slovakia down to the ground, their keeper barely had to make a save second half. Thats the inherent issue with England managers is that they cannot see the issues slap bang in front of their faces.

...and as for the lack of anyone in the team who can take a free kick or corner without hitting the first man.

Farce.

England will not come close to winning a football tournament not only in our lifetime, but in any other at this rate!

England dominated possession, and that is it. Possession is one thing, but what you do with that possession is what matters. England looked about as threatening as a blind man with no limbs! Just the usual boring, uneventful shambles.

Just shows how poor Russia are and what a mess Roy made of that game.

That's for sure! Who wants to bet that Wales get further than England in the competition?

• Like 1

Really, we were just one 92nd minute goal from exiting this tournament at the group stages, just like last time.

It sounds horrible but the sooner the old faces at the FA die off and stop sticking with Yes Men managers we might actually make the most of the talent we have.

That's for sure! Who wants to bet that Wales get further than England in the competition?

I've backed Wales at 80/1 so I want them to go all the way! Haha!

• Like 1

Really, we were just one 92nd minute goal from exiting this tournament at the group stages, just like last time.

It sounds horrible but the sooner the old faces at the FA die off and stop sticking with Yes Men managers we might actually make the most of the talent we have.

On paper, we have arguably the best collection of individuals in the world, but they just can't and don't know how to play as a team. Only one manager could successfully get them to work properly - Mourinho

Edited by RS8055

I've backed Wales at 80/1 so I want them to go all the way! Haha!

Best of luck for that one.... Leicester won the Premier League this season, so stranger things have happened!!!

Edited by RS8055

We have to play players in their correct positions, we have to stop picking players that havent payed all season but Roy fancies the look of, we need to pick in form players and not players we hope might just turn it on randomly in a tournament, we need to stick with consistent teams and stop efffing around switching 5 or 6 out at a time - its all basic stuff, how can 'professionals' get it so wrong?

We have to play players in their correct positions, we have to stop picking players that havent payed all season but Roy fancies the look of, we need to pick in form players and not players we hope might just turn it on randomly in a tournament, we need to stick with consistent teams and stop efffing around switching 5 or 6 out at a time - its all basic stuff, how can 'professionals' get it so wrong?

Professionals can get it so wrong by being severely overpaid primadonnas. That's always been my opinion.

Edited by RS8055

Well done Wales, as long as England persist in this painfully slow build up allowing the opposition to get 11 men behind the ball then they'll struggle to score and it doesn't help that they keep over hitting crosses I'm afraid. They're one of the best teams at this tournament, no doubt about that and very difficult to beat but they'll struggle when they come up against a team like Spain.

Pete

Agreed, the pace at which the ball is passed around is shocking. Only when Rooney came on did he try to speed things up.

Players like Henderson will only slow the game down and bring England down. Lallana had a good game but Wilshire demonstrated all 12 months of his lack of game time. This obsession with playing players out of form, lacking practice, also some like Henderson who are clearly not good enough but will end up with 50 England caps will always take us down and never win a tournament.

I reckon ROI might surprise everyone. (Call it wishful thinking). Hungary to beat Portugal? Big call.

I think it'll be Iceland and Portugal coming away with wins.... the only thing I don't disagree with is England losing their next game. haha