Got my first Zed

Hi folks

Posted here a few weeks ago asking if anyone had moved from an MX5 to the 350z; I've had 2 Mk1 Mazdas and was about to buy a Mk 3, when for some reason the 350z found its way into my awareness.

I picked my car up on Monday, a 2009 GT with 32500 miles, in excellent condition overall and with a pale leather interior that isn't quite cream and isn't quite grey.

Jesus Horatio, what a car. I am in love with it beyond all reason; I like to hold it in second on city streets just to hear that snarl. I love the deliberate solidity to all the controls and I love the way it demands your attention. The wave of torque is so addictive, the speed and eagerness make me giggle out loud.

The MX5 is a great, great car, but this is my first true performance car and I literally cannot stop driving it. How long before this wears off?!

I think the 350z found me, and not the other way around. I mean it.

post-28801-0-08980700-1465502190_thumb.jpg

post-28801-0-93040800-1465502190_thumb.jpg

Lovely looking motor, the interior sounds like something a little different, I'm sure someone will be able to tell you how rare, i've not seen one before, but them i'm fairly new here..

Lovely colour though ;) ;)

Mark

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forum

i've had mine since September, and i still end up grinning like a cheshire cat every time i drive it...the Torque, the noise....love it!!

sounds like you have the quite rare "frost" leather interior

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind comments. It's taken me more time to get used to this car than any other of my experience, especially with regard to the gear change and clutch. I'm pretty smooth at pulling away now, but I've had a fair few stalls and juddery lurches along the way!

On Friday I'm having fitted a Pioneer digital receiver with CarPlay, DAB and satnav. Although I've never modified a car before, I'm already looking at the idea of an aftermarket exhaust, something to subtly enhance the already awesome sounds the car makes.

I love the thing more every day.

Here's the interior - I like this colour very much, and it was one of the reasons I bought this particular car.

Cheers

post-28801-0-52590000-1465841451_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Scylla