When is it 'ok' to have a Nismo badge?

chrislich

simple..when you drive a nismo version...

to me is like an e46 318 with an M3 badge

my view ;)

+1. I agree with this. ;)

Each to their own though if that's what they want to do (stick badges/stickers on their cars claiming to be a better car/model) but just not something I'd do. :thumbs:

Depends.

If you've got Nismo parts on, and don't put the Nismo badge in the same place as the genuine Nismo car, then I say go for it. Nismo is as much about styling as performance these days anyway, so might as well do as Nissan does.

• Like 3

Surely, it's only if you have a factory nismo or the nismo conversion in order to be able to put the vehicle badge on. Otherwise you can have Nismo stickers on the vehicle as the name Nismo is just Nissan Motorsport which is like having a Greddy or Mishimoto sticker on if you have parts. IMHO that is. B)

Even Nissan themselves admit that Nismo is as much a styling exercise as it is performance these days (GT-R excluded), so if the brand is diluted that's their own fault. It's exactly like what Vauxhall did to the VXR brand by putting it on a bloody Meriva and Zafira.

• Like 1

Interesting.

I'm just putting the last of the 2015 370z nismo kit on my car.

I have all the badges but have not yet fitted them.

In all honesty I probably will.

See, if it was me that's the one case in which I wouldn't. I'd be proud to own the car that looked like a Nismo but wasn't actually pretending to be one. Leave it naked my friend! :D

Interesting.

I'm just putting the last of the 2015 370z nismo kit on my car.

I have all the badges but have not yet fitted them.

In all honesty I probably will.

See, if it was me that's the one case in which I wouldn't. I'd be proud to own the car that looked like a Nismo but wasn't actually pretending to be one. Leave it naked my friend! :D

I know but I've spent a bloody fortune on the badges and importing the from the USA hahaha

Got some good discussion points there. Like it. I'd agree with the point about leaving the car naked if having the kit.

I like how my nismo exhaust clearly has nosmo showing.

Is it a genuine Nosmo? ;)

It is a genuine nosmo exhaust!

Bloody fat fingers on my phone 😕