When is it 'ok' to have a Nismo badge?

chrislich

I think if you have performance parts that by them then that would make it worth of the NisMo badge.

I'm not sure about bodykits. You can make your 350 look like a 380RS but it won't be one or perform like one.

Suspension and engine parts used in a 380RS applied to a regular 350Z would make it similar to one.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Lol just reminded me. Saw a truly knackered Clio phase 2 1.2 with a V6 badge from a Clio V6.

I did take a snap when I stopped behind him at lights. Must have taken the worst, most chavvy bits from Ripspeed at Halfords too. Or an owner many years ago did as it was buggered.

I think if you have performance parts that by them then that would make it worth of the NisMo badge.

I'm not sure about bodykits. You can make your 350 look like a 380RS but it won't be one or perform like one.

Suspension and engine parts used in a 380RS applied to a regular 350Z would make it similar to one.

Just my opinion.

Genuine nismo induction kit ok then haha ? This was on the car when I bought it and I'm yet to see another one on a DE zed.

Edited by SHEZZA
  • Like 1

Just my opinion.

Genuine nismo induction kit ok then haha ? This was on the car when I bought it and I'm yet to see another one on a DE zed.

Just a combination of parts from the manufacturer that make it equal to a version of a car they released.

Like i say just my opinion. :)

P1000338_zps91915b25.jpg

I felt I was justified on my 34 as it had a Nismo exhaust, bodykit and few other items

I dont like to see GTR badges on non GTR Skylines either but ultimatly when its your own car you make the rules so do whatever you like

• 2 weeks later...

Always a sensitive topic. I remember someone on here flaming me because i had Nismo on my wheels. The //M badge for BMW it not just reserved for //M 3,5 ect. Its also a styling pack. You look through the http://www.nismo.co.jp/products/catalogue_2016/#page=1 brochures and there is plenty of product with nismo written on it. What do you do, take this off because you're afraid people may think it's a nismo edition.

As with anything it's moderation. I don't want 'fake' my car but i like the Nismo badge, simple. I admire the people who have worked hard to buy a genuine Nismo and i can understand the sting if someone pulls up next to you in a standard 350/370 with a Nismo kit. It's the same argument as Rota vs Volk,

• 5 months later...

Some people are obsest with decals, stickers and badges. I am. So its up to the individual. But should be kept classy if possible, Im actually de-badging and de-stickering mine over this week end with the exception of my Tarmac Sportz decals which I love.