Pretty sure this person just wrote my Zed off :(

AKVai

Common sense or not, TPI has no contract with you, therefore it is their obigation to pay for their client's actions, regardless of cost.

Well, no. Not regardless of cost. That would be silly. Imagine if you owned a 1985 Rover worth £500, and someone drives into it. The parts needed are no longer made so they need to re-tool which costs £2M. Do they HAVE to do that?

Yes, that's a deliberately silly one, but the point is true. You could try suing the TP for damages like I said, but you'd have to prove negligence or that they owed you a duty of care, and then you'd still have to convince the judge that paying £7K to fix a car worth £6K is worth it. Never, ever going to happen.

Well it is regardless of cost, they don't have any get out clause with you. Whilst your extreme example probably would go the way you suggest, when we're taking a 5k repair versus a 10k repair, they have to pay. The whole insurance industry is geared up to make it as easy and cheap for themselves, hence you would have to fight it yourself and it wouldn't be quick or easy.

Thanks for all your messages.

I'm still waiting for the repair centre to get back to me after they pick up the vehicle from auto renovations (who the police called to recover it), so still not 100% sure if they will or will not repair it.

Courtesy car was quickly sorted out though, a 2015 Mercedes C220d... Quite nice... It's like driving a boat compared to the Zed though :D

Thanks for all your messages.

I'm still waiting for the repair centre to get back to me after they pick up the vehicle from auto renovations (who the police called to recover it), so still not 100% sure if they will or will not repair it.

Courtesy car was quickly sorted out though, a 2015 Mercedes C220d... Quite nice... It's like driving a boat compared to the Zed though :D

Thats strange... They compared mine to a 2015 E250 lol! Was a pleasure to drive though...

Well I'm still waiting on official word from the insurance company but the repair centre it was taken to my brother has a friend who works there, the repair bill estimate they did has come in at £27k !! So that a certain write off in my eyes. Bottom of the boot has a massive metre crack in it! Been and seen it today to get my personal things from it, she's in such a sad state! :( I'll post some more pictures tomorrow of the extensive damage to the rear and front is damaged a lot more than I thought, then again it was wedged under the central reservation!

As for the wheels @Easty 3 out of 4 are knackered. The recovery truck put a massive hole in the centre of one to attach a hook to tie it down! Otherwise I'd have had them back as well ;)

Well, no. Not regardless of cost. That would be silly. Imagine if you owned a 1985 Rover worth £500, and someone drives into it. The parts needed are no longer made so they need to re-tool which costs £2M. Do they HAVE to do that?

Yes, that's a deliberately silly one,...... Never, ever going to happen.

Not as silly as it seems Dan, there was a discussion recently on the E type forum about the repair costs of classic cars now easily exceeding the value of the actual car. The owner of a rare classic could in effect be entitled to have the car restored to pre accident condition not necessarily "irrespective of cost" but up to and maybe more than 100% value of the car. Unfortunately in this case the OP would probably be hard pressed to prove the rarity value of his car or that he couldn't find a similar one with the money the insurance paid out.

Back to the OP, sorry to hear what's happened and hope you get it all sorted.

Yes, that's a deliberately silly one,...... Never, ever going to happen.

Not as silly as it seems Dan, there was a discussion recently on the E type forum about the repair costs of classic cars now easily exceeding the value of the actual car. The owner of a rare classic could in effect be entitled to have the car restored to pre accident condition not necessarily "irrespective of cost" but up to and maybe more than 100% value of the car. Unfortunately in this case the OP would probably be hard pressed to prove the rarity value of his car or that he couldn't find a similar one with the money the insurance paid out.

Back to the OP, sorry to hear what's happened and hope you get it all sorted.

its not only classic insurance situations you can recover > 100% of market value

if its no fault goto an accident management company first and inform your insurance you have done so with zero cost to them

if you go through your insurance first to claim they will most likely issue a write off on the car (esp 350z) which will stay with the car even if you change your mind and go elsewhere to progress repair/recovery

Never going to happen on a mass-market Jap car worth what, £8k tops?

Also, they cannot write off your car if you don't let them. That's a myth.

Totally True. My wife's pristine Toyota Carina E got rear ended by "Night Freight". By the time I found out what was going on, the other parties insurance company had it recovered to a scrappy..... they had removed the VIN plate and informed me it was written off.

Stuck my heals in, threw the toys out of the pram and told them they had 24hrs to get that car to my front door before I brought the police in for theft. Car was duly returned, we then instructed a loss recovery agent..... ended up costing the other side near 8k.

LRA had a brand new motor pulled from a show room in Manchester and delivered to us by 7am the next day.......that was the Courtesy car. 6 weeks of repairs at Lexus, and they were delivering the car back to us, when the driver reversed off the side of the low loader, causing another 3k of damage....... and thats another story.

so dont let them ride rough shot over you, its your car.

• Like 3

rear end - no fault - no brainer

goto accident management company - only way to avoid car being written off by insurance company

Gutted for you but was also gonna suggest a claims management company as the solution Ferrari owners use them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk